CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realised while browsing something that this season NY will reach there 100th episodes.... could that mean a big episode to celebrate?

^^ I would think they'd do something special when they get to their 100th episode - I wonder what, though...

I'm playing with cutting and pasting/order here, so bear with me:

Okay, I understand that, it just gets a little frustrating when you don't share that opinion yet it seems that all D/L fans are tarred with the same brush.

Just wanted to emphasize this. No one likes it when assumptions are made about their opinions. Let's remember that and be respectful of each other and not make assumptions based on fandom generalizations. :)

I don't know. I guess I just find it hard to believe that Lindsay did nothing to reach out to him. I know a lot of people here think she just expected him to know that she was there. I actually wonder if there's some truth in that. When Lindsay was struggling with her issues Danny was instinctively there for her. That's how their relationship was set up, Danny worked off his instincts. I often find in life that the way a relationship is set up is how it continues to play out. Maybe Lindsay assumed he would instinctively know she was there, because he's always 'known' how she operates before. But again, I don't see her behaviour as selfish, I see it as f*%^d up but not manipulative in the way that other's seem to.

I guess I just see her as completely lacking perspective. The only thing we saw on screen from her with regards to reaching out to Danny was one half-hearted attempt followed by her telling Mac she wasn't "good at this kind of thing." If she's thinking that, I'd bet she's giving it off to Danny, who is pretty sensitive to the emotions of others around him. I'd imagine he picked up on her awkwardness/shying away from the situation, and reacted accordingly.

I also agree that a pattern was set early on, one of bad communication and shutting each other out. I don't really see a future for them because they've never been on equal ground.

We don't know the status of their relationship. It obviously wasn't the serious, committed relationship that some fans thought it was but I seriously doubt it was the nothing that other's thought it was. We just don't know. I think she expected him to know she was there because she just expects him to know her. I guess the bottom line for me is that I don't think tptb ever intended her to be unreasonably selfish. I think they intended to show them as both being f*&^d up and at that point in time at least, not a good match for each other. Until they show it differently I shall continue to just be intrigued by how they both ended up here.

No, I don't think it was TPTB's intention to show her as completely and irredeemably selfish; however, they did specifically show Lindsay on screen saying, "I'm not good at this kind of thing" and then never reaching out to him on screen until she chewed him out for not turning to her. From Danny's perspective, Lindsay has always been absorbed in her own issues, so why would he turn to her? He looked genuinely shocked when she called him out in 416.

So, if anyone who feels that way about Danny wants to explain this double standard, I'm very interested in knowing why it's okay for Lindsay to treat Danny badly because she's screwed up while Danny can't do the same even though he's screwed up too.

I have to admit to being curious about this, too. The only explanation I've seen is that they were at an earlier stage--basically, before they'd slept together--when Lindsay shut Danny out. But I do find it bizarre that it's okay to some that she shut him out, but that the reverse isn't.

Just realised while browsing something that this season NY will reach there 100th episodes.... could that mean a big episode to celebrate?

Yes indeed! :D We'll have to have a "100 Episodes and Still Going Strong!" party thread when the time comes. :D

JellyBelly said:
Okay, I understand that, it just gets a little frustrating when you don't share that opinion yet it seems that all D/L fans are tarred with the same brush.
Heheh, I'll just say this: After years of being on this board and being part of the CSI:NY fandom, it is very sad to me that I can count on one hand the number of active DL shippers who don't think Danny's a cheating monster who deserves to be hurt in the worst ways and crawl back to Lindsay. And before anyone asks, yes, that includes other boards, websites, etc. Honestly, it would be nice to hear more from such shippers because the vitriol so far is really overwhelming opinions different from the majority. Think about Ausiello implying twice in a row that DL shippers have 'threatened him with bodily harm' and are going to 'chase him with pitchforks' after the Pam Veasey spoilers. Jokes or not, they do say something, and not in a positive way either.

Top41 said:
Originally Posted by Kimmychu
So, if anyone who feels that way about Danny wants to explain this double standard, I'm very interested in knowing why it's okay for Lindsay to treat Danny badly because she's screwed up while Danny can't do the same even though he's screwed up too.
I have to admit to being curious about this, too. The only explanation I've seen is that they were at an earlier stage--basically, before they'd slept together--when Lindsay shut Danny out. But I do find it bizarre that it's okay to some that she shut him out, but that the reverse isn't.
If that's the only explanation they have so far ... that implies Lindsay just assumed them having sex meant they were in a relationship and that Danny should 'know what to do' since she assumed they were in a relationship. :wtf: And that ... does not look good for Lindsay. :lol:

I'd just like to state before I start that I am not a DL shipper but I am a fan of both Danny and Lindsay.

While I do agree that there are some double standards where Lindsay fans are concerned, one look at this board and it is obvious that the double standard runs both ways. It seems to a lot of people that when Lindsay pushed Danny away it was because she was selfish and heartless and when Danny pushed Lindsay away, it's also because Lindsay is selfish and heartless. We'll never really know what the writers intended to convey with this saga as they have been shamefully unclear.

Were Danny and Lindsay together? Did Lindsay really try to reach out to Danny? I'm of the opinion that they were together though they had different ideas about how serious the relationship was. I also think that Lindsay tried to reach out but as we saw in a couple of episodes he wouldn't answer his phone or agree to meet her. If it had been reversed I think Danny would have gone out of his way to be there whether she liked it or not!

I don't think either of them are in the wrong or acting selfishly, I think the whole storyline just goes to show how differently people react to grief.

I am hoping that Rikki will not come back pregnant but knowing how predictable the writing has become, I would say it is almost inevitable.

I was also not too pleased to hear Lindsay is to be getting another love interest. Seriously is that all they can think of for her character. I can understand why some people are becoming annoyed, if they would just give her a half decent storyline I'd be happy!

I used to hope that Danny and Lindsay would get together but after seeing how bad the writers are with these sotrylines I'd rather they hadn't! The one thing I'm hoping (probably in vain) for is that they will give us a proper resolution to the storyline and not just leave us speculating!

So this ended up a little tl;dr so forgive me but...

While I do agree that there are some double standards where Lindsay fans are concerned, one look at this board and it is obvious that the double standard runs both ways. It seems to a lot of people that when Lindsay pushed Danny away it was because she was selfish and heartless and when Danny pushed Lindsay away, it's also because Lindsay is selfish and heartless.

Well, from my observations, the situations are different. Lindsay agreed to go out on a date with him and rather than calling him up and cancelling, she decided just to not show up and then avoided talking about it for the entire episode until Danny cornered her. When he did corner her, she did not explain herself at all, merely giving a lame excuse. No one expects her to be selfless while she was going through emotional turmoil but she could have at least had some manners. She didn't do the polite thing, like call and cancel the date, instead she just left him there alone to worry about why she hadn't shown up yet.

Also, not only did she not explain herself in LRC, she then avoided him when she left town, leaving him once again without any explanation aside from something about cows. She was so caught up in herself that she didn't care about hurting Danny. How was Danny supposed to know how to support her and be there for her if she never let him know what was going on? Oh wait, even with her pushing him away at every turn, he still figured out a way to be there and support her because he cares about her.

When it came to Ruben's death, Lindsay knew what was going on with Danny. She knew about his guilt, she knew exactly what was going on with him and she chose to avoid him. If we go by the rule that only what is referenced on screen is canon, Lindsay for the most part acted selfishly after Ruben's death. She knew what Danny was going through and that thinking you are guilty of getting a child killed is going to trump thinking about a girlfriend and/or screw buddy's birthday. For Lindsay to whine about it made me dislike her character at that moment and that is the first time I've ever felt that way about her.

I just see a marked difference between the two situations. In season 3, it was always Danny making the effort. He cornered her and forced her to tell him why she stood him up. He was the one who flew out to Montana even when she didn’t ask him and all this happened when they weren’t in a relationship.

Now, going on Lindsay’s girlfriend comment from RND, let’s assume she was his girlfriend after Snow Day. Danny’s girlfriend made zero effort that we saw to be there for him. There was to be a scene in AitF where Lindsay was going to try and force Danny to talk to her about what was going on and yet TPTB decided to cut that scene. Perhaps we would all feel different about Lindsay’s behaviour had that scene been left in but TPTB made a choice not to include it. Why they did it we may never know but it was a choice they made. According to canon, Lindsay made no effort to even try to support Danny during Ruben’s death but we saw Danny make an effort to support Lindsay in LRC and SOOH, going so far as to fly across the country. Yes, she did alert Flack to Danny's absence and cover for him with Mac in AitF but I don't see that the same because it didn't cost Lindsay anything to do those things. There was no sacrifice and no risk of her feelings getting hurt with that.

She made a half hearted attempt to talk to him in the morgue but when he pushed away she didn’t push back. When Lindsay was pushing Danny away, he pushed back. For all he knew, Lindsay was going to go off on him when he showed up in Montana but he didn’t care. He didn’t worry about getting his feelings hurt because he wanted to be there for her. Lindsay didn’t talk to Danny because she was worried about screwing up because she’s “not good at these things.” She never pushed Danny to talk about his grief or pain until it started to screw with her life, namely her birthday and being blown off for a lunch date. To me, Lindsay has done nothing in two years to return the kindness that Danny had shown her during season 3 and I think that makes her selfish.

You make some good points but I stand by my original point. I never said what either Lindsay or Danny did was acceptable but I am trying to see both points of view. Most people do think that either Lindsay is a selfish brat or that Danny is a cheating idiot but I prefer not to. Lindsay did stand Danny up for a date and ignore him, and maybe she should have pushed harder when he wouldn't talk but equally Danny did ignore her too AND sleep with someone else.

I don't remember Lindsay's birthday episode too well but I can't remember her being all that angry, in fact wasn't she teasing him about it? Also, in a couple of episodes she was either trying to talk to him on the phone or get him to meet up but he either ignored her or lied to her about what he was doing. She was worried about him and maybe she's not good at expressing it but she and Flack both put their asses on the line for him when he was trying to get his gun back, not the act of a selfish person. And I don't accept your premise that there was no risk involved, she lied to her boss and for the most part covered up her investigation of his whereabouts. She could have lost her job.

I don't think either one of them is better or worse I just wish the writers would give themselves a good slap. Either it was their intention to have Lindsay and Danny as a couple and their writing wasn't up to it, or they wanted to create this outrage (whichever side of it you are on) to make sure the viewers keep watching. Either way I hope they don't try another romance storyline in the future, I think both characters are far more interesting without the melodrama!

Well, I just don't want this to be a soap opera. I dislike soaps badly. I love NY and really want it to stay, and stay strong being as we don't know exactly where LV is going. Will it go down the drain and be DRT(dead right there) or will a new lead make it stronger. That is remainded to be seen. What I want and I truly want is for the writers to be excellent writers again. I am not sure if the writers strike had much to do with the "crame and get this done" writing or what. But, I just want good storylines. I do like Jacqueline as an actress. She is a very beautiful woman and great actress, but I am a D/L shipper and though I don't want the episodes to be all mushy and revolve around relationships, I do like the idea of them together. Do I think the character of Danny is ready for a child? Hardly, I mean he is still too much of a kid himself in ways. (No getting angry). That is just an observation on mine. However he is great with kids. Hints: that's because he is a big kid himself. So....start throwing the tomatoes at me. I will take it.

Peace:)

With the news that Danny will have a lot of development that doesn't include Lindsay and the news that Lindsay will have to come to Danny's rescue my mind went to one scenerio. Or rather one person.

*coughcough*Louie*coughcough*

Could it be TPTB have heard our cries for the return of the elder Messer? Louie returning and still having issues with the Tanglewood Boys (or dare I say Sonny Sassone specifically) would be something that would involve Danny and could put him in danger so that the team (specifically Lindsay) would have to come to his rescue. It would be great. We find out what the hell happened to Louie, we get more Danny drama that doesn't revolve around the Drama Llama, and we get to see Lindsay kick ass and be there for someone else (and in a sense "even things up" with Danny in the whole life saving department, even though I don't think she needs to "even things up" because of Danny taking her shift in SD.)

Or, if we aren't lucky enough to get Louie back, maybe the Irish Mob dudes come a calling again? That'd be cool too.

Or, or, maybe what people have said about Ruben's dad will happen. He'll come back and threaten Danny and/or Rikki and Lindsay will have to kick his ass? That could be cool as well.

OK, now I'm really excited. And just a little bit nervous that I've set my expectations a bit too high and I'll just be disappointed. :p

Edit: I agree with you, messygirl73. I don't think making Danny a father at this point in the series would be a good idea. Although I love Danny and I love the chemistry Danny has with Rikki (As friends, although I wouldn't be opposed to it turning into something romantic if it was done right. Them sleeping together initially was done for the wrong reasons but I think once they learn to deal with the loss of Ruben their relationship could grow into something more than comfort/grief/guilt.) Danny is way too f*cked up to be father right now. He's great with kids and I think if the show lasts for a few more seasons at some point making Danny a father would be a good idea, but not right now. I also think it's a bad idea because Ruben's death is so recent. I don't trust TPTB to handle such a sensitive subject with the care it would need.

Last edited:
I've kind have had to set my mind away from thinking about the possibility of Louie returning. There's been no mention whatsoever of the character, and it's just plain disturbing. It would be interesting to know why the writers haven't brought him back or even just a mention of the character. I think two of the best episodes from the entire CSI: NY series would be Louie episodes, and I'm sure another one would just be great. Now, with these latest spoilers, it would be great to see Louie involved. However, you can never tell with these writers. :lol:

Perhaps Kristine can ask one of the writers in her next interview (when she does one) about Louie. It would be awesome to see what they say.

Now, going on Lindsay’s girlfriend comment from RND, let’s assume she was his girlfriend after Snow Day. Danny’s girlfriend made zero effort that we saw to be there for him. There was to be a scene in AitF where Lindsay was going to try and force Danny to talk to her about what was going on and yet TPTB decided to cut that scene. Perhaps we would all feel different about Lindsay’s behaviour had that scene been left in but TPTB made a choice not to include it. Why they did it we may never know but it was a choice they made. According to canon, Lindsay made no effort to even try to support Danny during Ruben’s death but we saw Danny make an effort to support Lindsay in LRC and SOOH, going so far as to fly across the country. Yes, she did alert Flack to Danny's absence and cover for him with Mac in AitF but I don't see that the same because it didn't cost Lindsay anything to do those things. There was no sacrifice and no risk of her feelings getting hurt with that.

She made a half hearted attempt to talk to him in the morgue but when he pushed away she didn’t push back. When Lindsay was pushing Danny away, he pushed back. For all he knew, Lindsay was going to go off on him when he showed up in Montana but he didn’t care. He didn’t worry about getting his feelings hurt because he wanted to be there for her. Lindsay didn’t talk to Danny because she was worried about screwing up because she’s “not good at these things.” She never pushed Danny to talk about his grief or pain until it started to screw with her life, namely her birthday and being blown off for a lunch date. To me, Lindsay has done nothing in two years to return the kindness that Danny had shown her during season 3 and I think that makes her selfish.

Agreed. I don't think we have to use hyperbolic terminology like "manipulative, horrible bitch" to basically acknowledge the fact that Lindsay wasn't there for Danny in the way he was there for her last season when she was going through her emotional ordeal. I, too, label it selfish, but fair enough if others don't. Still, I'm not sure how anyone can claim she was there for him when that's clearly not what we saw on screen.

I actually kind of like the idea of Lindsay rescuing Danny. He is the show's damsel-in-distress, and Lindsay wants to be with him, rescuing him is probably part of the package. :lol: It might be a nice counterpoint for those of us dissatisfied with her not being there for him to see her step up and save him from a bad situation or danger. Like imaguestage said, Lindsay has never really "risked" anything for Danny.

I do think Ruben's father coming back and threatening/hurting Danny is a possibility, though I'm not sure how that would bring Rikki back for four episodes.

Louie would be nice, but I'm not holding out a ton of hope on that front. I am thrilled that Veasey specifically said there would be a lot of drama for Danny that doesn't involve Lindsay. That makes me very happy! I love Danny drama, especially when it's sans Lindsay.

The Black Hole of Continuity disavows any knowledge of this "Louie" person you speak of.

:p

I'm not gonna post too much on this in here because there's the "Is Lindsay as Damaged as Danny" thread open, but I think it bears discussing a bit in here.

You make some good points but I stand by my original point. I never said what either Lindsay or Danny did was acceptable but I am trying to see both points of view. Most people do think that either Lindsay is a selfish brat or that Danny is a cheating idiot but I prefer not to. Lindsay did stand Danny up for a date and ignore him, and maybe she should have pushed harder when he wouldn't talk but equally Danny did ignore her too AND sleep with someone else.

It seems to me that either Lindsay gets a free pass, or that Danny gets a free pass for whatever. IMO, Lindsay gets a free pass more from people who want to see them together.

From what we've seen throughout the relationship, whatever the status has been, is Danny doing all the work. He was breaking down the walls Lindsay had put up. She stood him up, and them constantly pushed him away. He went and flew across the country to lend her support when she'd left him with just a card, not even a phone call or an in person goodbye.

Then, after the events of "Snow Day" nothing was defined between them, at all. Carmine and Anna themselves had said they had no idea Danny and Lindsay were in a relationship. When Lindsay made her speech in "RND" or "LWFM" whichever it was, Danny looked shocked as all getout, like he had no idea that this was going on between them.

I don't remember Lindsay's birthday episode too well but I can't remember her being all that angry, in fact wasn't she teasing him about it? Also, in a couple of episodes she was either trying to talk to him on the phone or get him to meet up but he either ignored her or lied to her about what he was doing. She was worried about him and maybe she's not good at expressing it but she and Flack both put their asses on the line for him when he was trying to get his gun back, not the act of a selfish person. And I don't accept your premise that there was no risk involved, she lied to her boss and for the most part covered up her investigation of his whereabouts. She could have lost her job.

It seems to me that Lindsay was pissed off, because Danny wasn't taking her seriously. Hence her Monologue of Doom later on...

BTW, other than "RND", she didn't try to talk to him until the Monologue of Doom. Then, the content of the Monologue really got to me, because Danny busted his butt to be there for her, a year prior, but this time, she couldn't be bothered because HE didn't come to her on HER terms.

Yeah, she covered for him in AitF, but then when she lied to Mac, she sort of rolled her eyes like she was put out by the whole thing....So, the verdict, at least IMO, is mixed on it.

I don't think either one of them is better or worse I just wish the writers would give themselves a good slap. Either it was their intention to have Lindsay and Danny as a couple and their writing wasn't up to it, or they wanted to create this outrage (whichever side of it you are on) to make sure the viewers keep watching. Either way I hope they don't try another romance storyline in the future, I think both characters are far more interesting without the melodrama!

I do think that they wanted to create the outrage and intrigue. Are they or Aren't they? What's going to happen. Note that Carmine had constantly hinted at that in his interviews. It makes for good drama and character development.

What I'm hoping for in the next season, is more friendship between them, like it was in Season 2. There was an edge of flirtation between them, but it was more light and friendly. It was fun, not fraught with drama.

As far as Danny and Rikki go, I'm excited about it, because I feel that she and Danny got each other on a more basic, intimate level than he and Lindsay did.

I do hope that they don't bring a child into the mix, at least not right away. I'd like to see Danny and Rikki explore there relationship more. Especially the first time that Danny acts like a brat and starts shutting everyone out. Will Rikki have the strength, understanding and will to break down those walls? How would it affect their relationship.

I also agree, neither Danny nor Lindsay is better or worse. They both handled things poorly as far as the aspect of their relationship went. They should have clarified, rather than assumed. Not to say that Danny cheated on her, because even when he said that sleeping with Rikki was not a healthy thing in the longrun, or even when Rikki told him she was leaving, not one time did he say that he was involved with someone...Not once.

/Wow, I've written a book, sorry. Fingers just kept going.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back