CSI: New York Icons #5 - Showcase, Links, and Requests

They're all great Mari, I especially love the style of your second 100 one and your 140 one. :D Well done my dear.

I love the icons, GNRFan! The picture and Stella's expression are beautiful in black and white, and I love how well the text hilariously matches the pic on the third. I have to say that I think I like the second better than the first. I love the reflection and the way it's cropped so that it's not equal on both sides and so that it follows the rule of thirds. It gives it a beautiful asymetrical feel.

Thanks. :) The second b/w one was one of the photoshop filters/effects, but I can't remember which one. I was just playing around with it. I am not sure what rule of thirds means. :lol: That icon was a bit of another oopsy. :lol: I actually meant to crop it so that it was even, but I forgot to. :lol:

I like the Payton ones (that is Payton, right? :lol: ) it looks like she's picking up a firefly or something. A neat effect. The third one is lovely too, looks like its right out of a b/w movie. Very nice. :)

csifann1, did you use brushes for your first two 100x100 ones? The handprint and the sparklies? Would you mind sharing how you did the lighter "bonasera" on the third one? I can never get my picture programs to do that. :lol: And I love your 140x140 one.

Steph, I love the font on your first Stella one. How did you get the font that almost clearish look on the Kendall one?

csifann1, did you use brushes for your first two 100x100 ones? The handprint and the sparklies? Would you mind sharing how you did the lighter "bonasera" on the third one? I can never get my picture programs to do that. :lol: And I love your 140x140 one.

In the first one I used this textures [layer option: screen] and the second the handprint it's a brush that I got in devianart.com, sorry but I don't remember the link, search "fingerprint brushes' and I think you'll find something :)

I use photoshop CS3, I just go to blending option "drop shadow", put the color you want, mine is white, be sure that the blend mode is not multiply, I put normal, and then just play with the distance, angle... :)

Hope it was helpfull :D

Last edited:
They're all great Mari, I especially love the style of your second 100 one and your 140 one. :D Well done my dear.

Thanks hun :) And congrats for the 1st place, it was more than well deserved :D
Aww, thank you so much dear, it means alot coming from you. :D

Steph, I love the font on your first Stella one. How did you get the font that almost clearish look on the Kendall one?
Thanks, It's called Base 02, as for the text on my Kendall one, well I just set it to white, and then turned down the opacity of it... Hope this helps. :D

In the first one I used this textures [layer option: screen] and the second the handprint it's a brush that I got in devianart.com, sorry but I don't remember the link, search "fingerprint brushes' and I think you'll find something :)

I use photoshop CS3, I just go to blending option "drop shop", put the color you want, mine is white, be sure that the blend mode is not multiply, I put normal, and then just play with the distance, angle... :)

Thanks. :) A question about the "drop shop" thing though... I have PS7. Can this be done on there too? Or on PSP Photo X2?

===

Steph, thanks for the explanation on the light font. I think I may be able to do something like that on PS7 or PSP. Is opacity the same as transparency? Cause Picture It has transparency, but not opacity.

==

stella2copy6.jpg
stella2copy7.jpg
stella2copy2.jpg

2 for the butterfly overlay I used Dreamlight, but I really like the way some of the butterflies landed on the "t" in her name. :lol:

Yeah, I think that opacity and transparency would be the same thing... Glad I was able to help you. :D Great icons by the way, I especially like the style of the first one. :D

I use photoshop CS3, I just go to blending option "drop shop", put the color you want, mine is white, be sure that the blend mode is not multiply, I put normal, and then just play with the distance, angle... :)

Thanks. :) A question about the "drop shop" thing though... I have PS7. Can this be done on there too? Or on PSP Photo X2?

Hmm... I can't answer to that question sorry,.
Wait a minute, did I said "Drop shop"? :guffaw:
I'm sorry, I must be blind or something, it's "drop shadow" :lol:

*goes editing last post*

Great icons, I love the 2nd, it has an interesting coloring :D

Wait a minute, did I said "Drop shop"? :guffaw:
I'm sorry, I must be blind or something, it's "drop shadow" :lol:

:lol: See, I didn't even notice. I'm clueless about that stuff. :lol:

Thanks for all your help with answering my questions and all, Steph and csifann1. :) I'm just getting used to PS and getting reacquainted with PSP. :lol: (although it is a new version lol)

For the second batch of icons I posted today, on the first two, I used PSP's time machine feature. :)

No problem GNRFan, I'm happy to help. :D

Those are great Kristine, I love the effect you've used on the first one, and your 140 one is adorable. :adore: The little star fits really well with the text, it's great. :D

A random Mac icon which I made earlier.

2r291xe.png

No prob GNRF :D

Awesome Mac icon Steph, as always, right ? :D

FallenForFlack, I'm :eek: with your improving :D
Great job on those!

FallenForFlack, I really like that on the "wow" one, it looks like she's looking at the word.

Love that Mac one, Steph. :)

Back