Zeitgeist!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by BabaOReilly, Feb 13, 2008.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

It sort of feels wrong to put this under the "media" heading, but... has anyone seen this free, online movie? It's basically discussing the conspiracy behind 9/11 (and pretty much all the wars of the last century) and HOLY CRAP! I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight.

I don't usually cotton to what I think are inflammatory "conspiracy theories" but man, this film puts out some pretty compelling information. I don't scare easily and I consider myself fairly intelligent... and this film scared the crap out of me. Seriously.

Has anyone else checked this out?

2. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

General TV & Media thread I guess???

3. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

First thanks for mentioning about this online movie, BabaOReilly. ;)

I take one look in youtube and find :

Zeitgeist - The Movie: World Trade Center (4 parts)
    Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (5 parts)

videos link

I like both of them a lot. :) Even all of this too look a lot like "conspiracy theories" I still like to watch this type of films. There is a lot interesting inforations and most important different point of view. No need all of this to be 100 % truth, I just love that this make me think 'what if ...'

Don`t know why but to me just come some Michael Moore movies (Bowling for Columbine -Fahrenheit 9/11 -Sicko) and maybe he is right that there is something wrong in the USA system. I can see that soon the book '1984' by George Orwell will be ours reality. :lol:

Btw hope that with this post I don`t offend US guys that post in here... if so I`m very sorry..

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

As much as I like Mr. Moore to point out those things, you also should see document about him - how he does his films.

Anyways, I will check this Zeitgeist... Sounds like soemthing I'd like aswell.

5. BabaOReilly

Yeah, it's deifinitely an eye opener. Now make no mistake, it's definitely a conspiracy theory, but the info is very, very compelling regardless. I always suggest that people be active listeners, not mindlessly absorbing all info and assimilating it as fact. The nice thing about this film is that it gets you thinking and questioning, no matter what.

Truthfully, I found their endgame argument a little weak- they have one guy who heard another guy say some stuff and that seems to be all the evidence they have... still, it's a very interesting film.

And oops- I thought I posted this in the Media forum. My bad. I'm sure a Mod will move it if necessary though.

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

No worries, I'll move it to General TV and Media for you. :) The movie sounds very interesting, I'll have to try and watch it later.

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I thought it's ok here, because we have other internetstuff as well but if that's where you wanted it, I will move it.

8. BabaOReilly

Ah, I'll leave that to you guys. It belongs wherever you think is best. I have faith in my Mods! :lol:

9. BabaOReilly

Incidentally, are there any particularly knowledgeable Americans on here who can confirm or rebuke the fact that the US Central bank, AKA The Federal Reserve, is NOT monitored or regulated by the US government? This seems crazy to me, but is one of the assertions of the film.