World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The World Cup and Other Football Stuff

I hope Arsenal can win their CL match today/tomorrow. Because if not, our morale will be so low, we'll probably get trashed by Man Utd. Which will suck. :mad: Especially since our points in the EPL stand at the grand total number of bloody TWO.

The Manchester City win this past weekend made me happy. Giorgio Samaras was frigging awesome with the two goals he got & the way he played for the entire match. If Otto is smart he will call him up for the next Greece match which is October 7th in Greece against Norway. We really need his skills...

Speaking of Premiere League. Luce must be very happy with Reading. Tie with manU :eek: It's quite impressive!

Premier League might be a bit more interesting this year with a lot of teams having good starts Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Everton (which i'm extremly happy for) though obviously it will take a few weeks yet for the Premiership to settle down and show the most likely outcomes at the end of the year.

DaWacko said:
Speaking of Premiere League. Luce must be very happy with Reading. Tie with manU :eek: It's quite impressive!
Delayed reaction from me Ducky, but we were so thrilled! :D A draw was a fantastic result for Reading and way beyond everyones' expectations. We battled so hard. Man Utd had so much possession, but just couldn't really break through, other than Ronaldo's superb individual goal. I can't stand his cheating ways, but he is so, so talented. Got to give him credit for that! ;)

The atmosphere at the Madejski Stadium was fantastic. The noise was incredible. Rooney had another quiet game, fortunately for us....and Fergie should put his chewing gum litter in his pockets, not throw it on the ground. How disrespectful! :rolleyes:

Lucy said:
and Fergie should put his chewing gum litter in his pockets, not throw it on the ground. How disrespectful! :rolleyes:

*tut tut* Not setting a very good example, is it? :lol: Congrats to your team Luce on achieving a tie with Man U :) Very well done indeed.

Congratulations Lucy on Reading holding Man U to a draw, Reading seem to be playing some really good football and ejoying themselves in the Premiership which is as it should be and i think Reading has the potential to stay up. I hope your good luck continues until you meet my team, Everton, that is.

Our women lost to Denmark 1-0 and didn't get to WC in China :(
If it was tie... we'd get there :(

Here are the scores of the Champions League matches that were played today*:

Breman 1-1 Barcelona
Levski 1-3 Chelsea(Drogba got a hat trick)
Spartak Moskva 1-1 Sporting Lisbon
Inter Milan 0-2 Bayern
Liverpool 3-2 Galatasaray
Bordeaux 0-1 PSV
Shakhtar 2-2 Olympiakos
Valencia 2-1 AS Roma

* winners in bold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back