Women's Murder Club

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just wondering who watches this show? While its a drama I love some of the lines and Angie I think has found her mark while on L&O she was awesome, on this show she is even better. - For those who haven't seen it, here is the info.

ABC, Fridays, 9:00 pm EST.

Based on author James Patterson's bestselling novels, "Women's Murder Club" is a one-hour drama series about four successful working women in San Francisco A Homicide Inspector, Medical Examiner, Assistant D.A. and crime reporter. Who use their expertise, their close friendship and their instincts to solve murder cases. Each a success in her own field, they work together to uncover clues to the city's most grisly homicides.

Angie Harmon as Lindsay Boxer
    Aubrey Dollar as Cindy Thomas
    Laura Harris as Jill Bernhardt
    Paula Newsome as Claire Washburn
    Rob Estes as Tom Hogan
    Tyrees Allen as Warren Jacobi
    Linda Park as Denise Kwon

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I categorize this show as CSI meets NYPD Blue meets Law & Order.

This is my new favorite show. I agree that Angie is excellent in this. I just worry that since she's in almost every scene, she's going to get burned out real fast. I see in the last few episodes that they're getting the others more involved in scenes without her.

3. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I watched the past couple weeks, and found it to be enjoyable. It's not the best show I've seen, but it's growing on me.

I've been a fan of Angie's since "Baywatch Nights." Yes, I actually watched that show, mainly because of her. When she left, I stopped watching. I loved her in L&O, and she brings that same bad-a** attitude through Lindsay. I think they've assembled a great cast around her, and Rob Estes pairs up perfectly with her.

I'm looking forward to more eps. :)

4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Same for me. I first started watching Angie on "Baywatch Nights" until she left. Didn't follow L&O, but she's so great in this new one. I like the fact that they're developing the other characters a little more too. Cindy is starting to grow on me. She was my least favorite to start with.

5. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

This is definitely my new favorite show. I love Angie Harmon since Law and Order. I actually stopped watching L&O when she and Benjamin left the show. The vulnerable-tough chick has always been a great role for her so this show is a perfect fit. The entire cast has great chemistry, and the lines are funny!

Show's on tonight!

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Wow! It's taken me eight episodes of Women's Murder Club to realize that Laura Harris (Jill) was in an episode of CSI. She was the photography teacher, Diane Kentner, in season 7's Fallen Idols. I guess since it was a crappy episode, I never went back and re-watched it so I didn't remember.

Also, I knew I had seen Ever Carradine (Heather) somewhere before too. I just realized she was in season 4's Eleven Angry Jurors as Faye Minden.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Found the thread lol. Okay heads up.

Womens Murder Club dodging a bullet.

"Women's Murder Club, which has been hovering near death for the past two weeks, has succeeded in finding a new boss and will return to ABC's sked in late April, a show spokesperson confirms. Law & Order vet Robert Nathan has come on board as show-runner and will oversee production of this season's final three episodes.

There was some talk that 20th Century Fox, the studio behind Murder Club, was planning to retool the show as an Angie Harmon vehicle, but the show rep denies that. "There are no plans to revamp the series dramatically or shift the emphasis in any way," insists the spokesperson. "It remains a procedural focused on the four women leads who partner together to solve crimes."

Still no word on where Murder Club will air when it returns, but I'm guessing it won't be Friday night at 9 pm. Might I suggest Mondays at 10 pm after Dancing with the Stars and Samantha Who? Just putting it out there."

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'm SO glad they're going to keep it. I love this show. It's awesome and it's so great seeing Angie Harmon again. She's so kickass!

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Sure, that's just what it needs to get high ratings, to go up against CSI: Miami.