Women in CSI: NY (Main Cast)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 19, 2006.

1. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

ok im probabely going to be beaten to a pulp for this..but this is about opionions..so heres mine

i have first season..and no offense..but aiden isnt my favorite person..[i know im starting off on a bad note..] but it was really sad when she died.

ok now lindsay i just dont understand why a lot of people dont like her..i think she is the neatest person. and i dont think shes trying to 'replace' aiden..she wants everyone to just accept her..and i saw that in 'heroes'.. just give lindsay a chance..i gave aiden a chance...and shes not as bad as i thought she was.. so just give lindsay a chance..instead of bashing her..she hasnt done anything wrong

oh and i totally love stella..frist season and second..i think she is like ..super awsome..

but you have to remember..people change..and the city changes all the time. so i hope that..you can all give other people chances..and watch third season..

Thank you
    allie

*dodges flying plates*

2. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

At fisrt I didn't really like Aiden either, but I bought s1 and she grew on me. Aiden was a strong woman who definetly didn't deserve what she got... I was really sad when that hppened.

I do however like Lindsay better than Aiden, just because she comes off as an easier person to get along with than Aiden. Aiden seemed like if you say one wrong thing she'll beat you up. I don't think that anymore, but I did at first.

Both women are great, strong characters and I like both of their contributions to the show. That's my two cents.

And Stella's a whole other conversation... and that's a good thing. ;)

3. SeeingStars

SeeingStars Hit and Run

Don't worry allieluv_csi I'm not going to beat you to a pulp! After all, as you said it is just personal preference.

I always liked Aiden, I liked the fact that she was tough, and that if you did something she didn't like then you were probably gonna pay for it! I thought that really showed her "New York-ness"!

However, I also like Lindsey, but prefered her at the start of the season. I feel that, towards the end, she started to come off as sort of pathetic. At the beginning I thought she was gonna be another of the tough women that I love to see in programmes, but then she sort of went downhill.

So I'm all for emailing CBS or TPTB or however we can to actually do something about this. I think tough women are a much better role model than the ones usually portrayed on tv shows, so lets bring back our tough New York women!!

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Great points everyone!

tuesdaymorning, I love the Stella is Manhattan and Aiden is Brooklyn comparison. Damn, that's dead on! :D

The point that Stella came out of her ordeal strong and tough enough to shoot the bastard down. But the sexualized nature of the crime was what was exploited, from the sundress to the brutal punch in the face to being dragged around the apartment.

Lindsay started out okay. But then the writers felt the need to turn her weepy and vulnerable. That frustrated me too. She's never been my favorite character but I think her character took a serious downward spiral towards the end of the season. And that was annoying as well.

5. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I agree that her character changed but (IMO) not for the worse.. I think at the begining she wanted to show everyone what she was made of per-say, and then she figured everyone knew who she was so she backed downa little. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but that's how I see it.

In Stella and Aiden's case, we never actually saw how they were when they first started working, so we don't know if their personality changed after a few months after they first started working either. I think maybe it could've I know at places I've worked I've wanted to impress the boss and then after a while I kind of backed down, but who knows, once again that's my opinion.

6. kitten_25

kitten_25 Dead on Arrival

Yer i think so to every character chages for good and bad i think Lindsey change for good

7. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

Hmm..For Stella I will admit I love dher better in the first season. She was snarky and witty and did anythng to get the perp. I still like her during the second season. Showing her emoitional side, but I'll always love the Stella from the first season.
    I never saw Aiden really develop, since she wasn't on for so long...but I think she was the sterotypical New Yorker, down to the attitude and the way she talked and dressed. I really liked it...until season two.
    I think Lindsay came thinking she should prove herself to these new people. She brings freshness to the show, and I think it will grow and develop during the third season. I hope. :D

8. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

I definately think that the female cast of CSI:NY was better in season 1. There was just so much attitude in them that when they come on screen, it's like bam.

Stella was snarky and witty and she was just so strong and independant.

As for Aiden, man, I fell in love with her character because she's tough, sexy and smart and doesn't take crap from anyone. Who won't want to be that? Aiden was my CSI:NY idol.

Then came season 2. Stella still maintained that tough exterior but it didn't really stood out that well; not like in season 1. I was really, really disappointed when Aiden got fired and felt even worse when I heard what happened to her in "Heroes". Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Lindsay but Aiden brought that New York-feel to the show and I miss it.

9. kitten_25

I know what mean Aiden and Stella are got the new york attitude while lindsey hasnt, i think that you can see chacter in different point of view qhich i like about the show

10. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I'm hoping Lindsay will have grown into the city woman she can be, while still maintaining her country roots. Also, I really hope Stella begins to utilize her commanding presence again...she has an authoritative air. It really is a shame to waste it.

11. kitten_25

Yer me 2 i hope Lindsey get use to being a new yorker but i want her to still keep her country roots

12. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I really hope in particular that Stella gets her groove back, so to speak. Sorry, bad pun. Anyway, I love Melina and she deserves more than to just be a victim. And Aiden - what they did to her was disgusting, IMO. And Lindsay? I think she showed some admirable spunk, esp early on. I hope they don't dumb that down any further this year.

13. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Oh why thank you Top. :lol: I loved my women.