Without A Trace *May Contain Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Without A Trace

So, what did everyone think about tonight's ep?

I'm not going to get too into it but if I didn't hate Elena already, I would've officially started hating her tonight. Did you notice how she took up much needed Viv screentime?

Oh yes she did. Bye bye WaT, hello ER! It's so getting there.

I see you're not from Roselyn Sánchez fan club... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't like her either but I think new characters are ok,they refresh the show.
To say the truth,I wouldn't mind if they kill her in the line of duty and bring another new character. :devil:

It's not that I don't like Roselyn Sanchez, but I don't like her playing Elena Delgado. The part just isn't for her. There shouldn't even be an Elena Delgado! People say that they brought Elena in because the original five (*tear tear* I miss them!) were falling apart but with the way I see it: they're all doing fine. Danny isn't stressing out like he was before, Martin doesn't have the cane and is getting along fine, Vivian is back out in the field but being completely under-used, Jack is being his usual self, and nothing really happened to Sam so she's doing just fine.

Why is Elena really there? Right about now, I'm lost on that one.

they refresh the show.
To say the truth,I wouldn't mind if they kill her in the line of duty and bring another new character. :devil:

Then, Next New Character might be ME :lol:

It's not that I don't like Roselyn Sanchez, but I don't like her playing Elena Delgado. The part just isn't for her. There shouldn't even be an Elena Delgado! People say that they brought Elena in because the original five (*tear tear* I miss them!) were falling apart but with the way I see it: they're all doing fine. Danny isn't stressing out like he was before, Martin doesn't have the cane and is getting along fine, Vivian is back out in the field but being completely under-used, Jack is being his usual self, and nothing really happened to Sam so she's doing just fine.

Why is Elena really there? Right about now, I'm lost on that one.

You said it all, i really dont understand why they brought her, the only reason i can think of is to develop danny's character, because dont they know each other somehow? and if they kill her off(hopefully like today, this very second :D) it could be the topper to some sort of plan to understand danny more and see a more personal side of him, her death could really affect him and they would use that to help him connect with another character(sam mabye :D) to help him through a tough time.

Since this has the spoiler warning in it now, i can put this in. From TVGuides "Ask Ausiello".

Question: You never give any Without a Trace scoops. — Katelyn

Ausiello: As reported in the new issue of TV Guide magazine, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is joining the cast for three episodes beginning Nov. 24 — apparently as a love interest for Jack (Anthony LaPaglia).

IMO the reasons why Elena Delgado is there are 2:first,to be Danny's love interest (why Hispanic with Hispanic? why not with an afroamerican or an asiatic girl? or with Sam? :devil:).
And second,maybe she's preparing Viv's departure.Last year Marianne Jean-Baptiste was no happy there and this few ep we barely saw her.

Yeah, yeah. The love interest thing? Danny doesn't even seem remotely interested in Elena. If they're trying to develop some relationship between the two, I think it's time they tell Enrique to put a little more emotion into it. I? Love how he doesn't seem to care about her.

I know one thing, Hank better tighten up and give Marianne more screen time and better story lines or she's gone, and if she leaves: tons of fans are so done with that show.

That's all I have to say.

Ausiello: As reported in the new issue of TV Guide magazine, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is joining the cast for three episodes beginning Nov. 24 — apparently as a love interest for Jack (Anthony LaPaglia).

I'm glad Jack is finding someone for himself, he definitely needs the love. :D It's funny though, she's going to join the cast for 3 episodes and be Jack's new lady just like that? That's weird.

second,maybe she's preparing Viv's departure.Last year Marianne Jean-Baptiste was no happy there and this few ep we barely saw her.
True she wasn't happy due to limited time on the air, which led to her threatening to walk if they didn't do something about it, and they did, they gave her a medical condition with the heart problem, which served as part of a storyline, and also while they negotated.
From what i understand and can see, it has all been straightened out, and all is well again.

Maybe so, but where has MJB been lately? They're cutting her out once more! On the last episode, who did they focus on? Martin/Sam and Danny/Elena. They're obviously trying to develop relationships again and that's messing up a perfect show. I wouldn't be so mad if they weren't making it so obvious.

Either way though, I've heard they're going to focus on what happened to Martin a little bit more and that's all good to me. I also heard something else that could only make a D/M fan happy. :D

As to MJB it could be that she is doing other stuff that requires her to not be in so many scenes, either that or that was filmed during the negotations (she maintains work while its worked out), since its been worked out, or when she is done with whatever, they will probably start showing her more and more.

I don't know I don't see them messing up WOAT by bringing on another character, in the last ep i believe her and viv seemed to work well together, getting along imo.

I doubt we will agree on this all i am saying is there will come a time when one character may not get alot of air time, how is it any different then if it were "Sam" or "Martin" or "Danny" getting more time then "Viv" or vice versa?

Alot of people have said, well thats different their part of the "Main cast" well now so is Elena from what we are led to believe. Also while it is insinuated that Elena and danny have a relationship, alot of people are sure its "Romantic" and yeah it might be, but it could be something totally different.
Maybe they knew each other as kids, or the "Baggage" isn't romantic but rather they were friends and had a falling out and or they were friends and something in the past kept them from continuing that friendship.

Personally before i make a decision (and this is just me) whether a character should go, i would like to see where the show is taking the character, why she is there, who she is, and so on, but again thats jmo.

True, because during a bit of s2 EM was missing a lot and that was because he was off working on Miss Congeniality 2 so yeah I understand what you're saying there about MJB.

We've all pretty much been informed that Danny and Elena never had a "romantic" relationship in the past. Elena dated one of Danny's friend, Danny doesn't like her and that's all there is. Also added though was that we shouldn't rule out a relationship between the two.

That's what I'm scared of. I'm scared that her character is there to be a [maybe] love interest for Danny and eventually get him caught up in something that could get him into a lot of trouble. The fact that two of the team members (might as well get use to it) knew each other in the past is something else that annoys me. It's amazing that they somehow ended up on the exact same missing persons team together.

Maybe her character being there could bring up a good story line for the whole team, maybe not. I just don't think Roselyn is the best actress to play Elena, I truly don't.

I sometimes have a bit of a problem understanding Elena... I like her, but her accent is so strong that it sometimes takes me a sec to get what she's saying!

Oh, and why have Sam and Martin not gotten back together yet?? It's killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back