William Petersen: 'CSI' Is Exhausting But Worth It

CSI Files

Captain
Fans who worry about the possible departure of <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) from CSI may be worrying over nothing.

This week, the actor visited Duluth, Minnesota, where he talked to the Duluth News Tribune about his work on the show and why he may not be leaving any time soon. "As long as we're getting the audience excited, it's worth it," Petersen said. "It's exhausting, but it's worth it."

Petersen revealed to the newspaper that his ties to the show will remain for as long as the quality of the show stays above average. For the actor, the show's unique format may be the most important aspect, and is what makes CSI so appealing. "That's why I was upset with all of the spin-offs," he said. "It kept depleting our creative group."

Petersen visited the town of Duluth to participate in the sixth annual fundraising golf tournament at Ridgeview Country Club in order to help out financially the YMCA. Petersen's involvement is personal. "I'm glad I can help the YMCA out. When I was a young, starving actor I stayed in YMCAs," he revealed. "And now I work out at the Hollywood Y three times a week."

Visit the Duluth Daily Tribune to learn more about the actor's charitable visit to Duluth.<center></center>

I sure hope he doesn't get wind of all these strange dealings with CBS and actor firing/hirings. If because of some of these new changes the appeal to the fans goes down, WP may have to look long and hard at CSIs future.

Again, I plead for the sake of the show and WP, don't start changing things with this show, it's perfect as it is now!

That is happy news. I'd hate for any of the crew to leave. I like it as it is now (only if the team actually gets back TOGETHER). However, hopefully it isnt one of those misleading articles and "ties" means ties in general. If that's the case he could just work behind the scenes. Then he technically still has "ties" even if he no longer acts.

It's great news and I think TPTB know the show would go under if he left. I didn't realize though that WP didn't like the spin-offs. I agree with everything he said.

I agree with everyone's sentiments. The show would absolutely be nothing like it is now if Petersen left the show. I hope none of the actors leave. A few weeks before the last episode, I read some preview that said one of the actors was leaving. Then when I saw Hollywood Brass, I thought it was Paul, and I was really glad that apparently the preview was completely wrong.

The reason why it is so "exhausting" is because he needs to lose weight. If you notice the beginning of last season, he was not in the episodes or if he was it wasn't that much due to "health problems" linked to/contributed by his weight gain.

I like William Petersen. I believe he is a great actor and fits his role to a T. Unfortunately, not saying he has to be skinny,(because I do not believe that) but he needs to be healthier and if he lost some of that weight he would be alot healthier and less exhausted. I wish him well.

SQUEE! OMG! YES YES YES YES YES YES! *is having a When Harry Met Sally moment* >< lol I'm awful. Anyways, I love this news! I would hate for Grissy to leave. 50% of the reason I watch the show, is for him. Yes, I'm addicted. YAY! *can't stop cheering cause she's so damned excited*

Back