Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

^She is the first actor I have ever heard say it's ok if you don't have chemistry [​IMG]. Just, no.[​IMG]

But we have to keep in mind the imagination is a powerful thing. She probably imagines she has chemistry w/ the cast.:lol:

2. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

^ Touche! "Imagine" is right. Anna appears to do a lot of that. :rolleyes:

That quote about chemistry is very telling, especially the "It's ok if you don't have it, you just sort of act it" part. That's practically an implicit admission that there is no chemistry at all. :lol:

Other than that, I have to echo a previous comment and say that she sounded bored (and boring).

3. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

*Yawn*

WOW! Just wow! This has got to be the most dull interview I've ever read! Maybe someone should check her pulse because she appears to be in a flatline. Call 911!

Yes, I know that not everyone can have a breathtakingly personality and be smart, adorable and hilarious in an interview, but she was beyond plain!
    ( Like in school :
    Teacher: What is the photosynthesis?
    Student: Photosynthesis is the process by which plants, some bacteria, and some protistans use the energy from sunlight to produce......

Know what I mean?)

That's peachy in theory! Now, she just gotta get whatever it is that she imagines out of her head and show it to the world! Aka : act! :lol:

Poor Hill! What were you thinking! *pet*

Nice to see that when asked about Lindsay, her answer is all about Danny! And it's kinda sad, that Lindsay is all over the place not just for us, but also for Anna. :( That explains a lot!

Now, that explains everything! Yes, that's what she's been doing from day 1: " just sort of ". Not really here, not leaving, just sort of ! :(

It's OK not to have chemistry? Right, cause you can fake it! *not* *headdesk* And we all see how well that works, huh? :rolleyes: Sorry to say it, but chemistry is everything! Everything! Chemistry between people it's what makes the world go round!

On a positive note: she's always honest! Was honest about the fact that her audition was bad, that Hill helped her, that she is clueless about Lindsay, and that there is no chemistry at all. Gotta admit that much about her! Guess I'll just never be a fan!

4. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

Oh my, that was just sad.
    It explains so much about her character portrayal.
    Imagine that.

5. WhosLaughingNow

If you go to Podcasts you can listen to this interview and also listen to her talk about how she looks like Kelly Clarkson. All I can say is at least when reading the interview you can imagine she's somewhat interesting.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Actually, you can fake chemistry. The movie "Dirty Dancing" is a prime example. Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze couldn't stand each other off screen, but they were magic on screen. It's just Anna who can't fake chemistry. Maybe it's because she "just sorta" goes through the motions instead of actually putting out any effort.

ETA: That interview confirms for me that Lindsay is definitely NOT redeemable as a character. If the actress who portrays her doesn't give a shit, why the hell should I?

ETA2: I just listened to the pod cast. In the written article, it says Anna said, "Things with her and Danny are going well." In the pod cast you can hear she clearly says, "I assume things with her and Danny are going well." That's a huge difference in meaning.

Also, from the pod cast it sounds to me like she's trying to pull the answers out of her ass as she's talking. That really stood out to me when she was talking about what she draws on to play Lindsay. If I was one of the people who created the Lindsay character, hearing that interview would really piss me off.

There must be a good title for the next thread we could pull from that interview. :starts thinking:

ETA3: Yes, I'm being a flighty spaz today. I really wish the interviewer would have asked follow up questions. She seemed to just have her set list of questions and didn't deviate from it. I would have loved follow up questions to how she approaches her portrayal, since I don't think I've ever heard an actor give an answer like that.

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

You. Are. Kidding. Me. You are freakin' KIDDING ME.

I was already laughing my ass off when I read fans saying that about her because, well, c'mon, fandom is an insane place full of insane fanbrats so it's predictable to read that coming from fans.

But SHE SAID IT HERSELF? THAT SHE LOOKS LIKE KELLY CLARKSON??!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Holy @#$%, there are no words. There really are no words. I do wanna say something about it, but I'd rather not say it here. :eek:

Exactly. It's like looking at an artist's work and knowing they're just drawing out of their ass or listening to a musician play and knowing they're hating every moment of it. If they can't even be bothered to care, people who have no investment in them will have absolutely no reason to do so.

That didn't improve her answer. That actually made it worse! :lol: 'Assume' to me means to think that something is a certain way without actually seeing evidence of it, so to hear say that she assumes things with her and Danny are going well also pretty much backs up our theories that she doesn't think much about her character at all. Or any other character on the show, it seems. Just assumes things, like sort of do it. :p

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

That was the worst interview I've ever read in my entire life. :eek: I am so glad I'm not the only person who thought it sucked.

How convenient they left assume out of the written article. :rolleyes: It seems they've kept her in the dark about DL. :lol:

WLMG #3 - Chemistry - It's ok if you don't have it

I couldn't resist. :devil: Yes, I know it can't be used. ;)

but what about:

WLMG #3 - Chemistry - Who Needs It?

It seriously makes me wonder if Hill knew how bad she was before he put in a good word. I certainly hope so or he loses all his credibility with me.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

:lol: :lol: Anna looks like Kelly? NOOOO way in hell. Noo resembelance. Not. At. All.

And Anna saying it herself just makes it worse. It's kind of like she read fans saying it and thought it was cute so she said it. I wonder if she did!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry I couldn't find a scrunchier pose of Anna's face. But, as you can tell, they don't look alike.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

To me it was really misleading. She obviously has no clue what's going on with D/L, but the written article makes it sound like the ship is sailing smoothly. That's just gonna give false confirmation to people who want "proof" they're together. :rolleyes:

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Ya know, considering there are posts right here in TalkCSI made by Lindsay fans that said the same thing ... I gotta wonder that too. :lol: And thank you for the picture comparison! I think they say it all.

Misleading is the perfect adjective. The change of context in the interview is the fault of the people who wrote it out, in this case. And to have solid proof that it's a false confirmation just makes them ... not a source I'd trust for information.

12. WhosLaughingNow

Maybe what she meant by her and Hill went out to get drinks was they had gone out she got him completely plastered and made him call TPTB right then and there and he really remembers none of this. :lol: What? Anything is possible.

I think when it comes down to it chemistry is a good thing to have. It can work without it but I think it will never be to it's potential no matter how good it is. When there is chemistry it makes something great even greater. Also I think if you're not going to have a lot of chemistry both parties have to be good, strong actors in order for it to work. Which sure isn't the case with her.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I just have a hard time believing out of all the actresses Hill has worked with, Anna was the go-to girl. :rolleyes:

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Yes, it will. Although it's not any worse than imagining DL moments that also never happened. :rolleyes:

15. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

Aside from the dullness, the worst part of the interview was Anna'a apparent disinterest. "Phoning it in" pretty much covers it. The same goes for her performance as Lindsay.

Perhaps she genuinely isn't enjoying the job? I've read interviews with all of the other actors and they have all demonstrated enthusiasm for their craft and for the parts they play. They have all offered insights into their characters and their place in the show. Anna totally failed on both counts. Which begs the question: if she doesn't like the role, why doesn't she resign? I know acting jobs are notoriously hard to come by, but damn. :rolleyes:

On a totally shallow note, that has to be one of the fugliest dresses I've ever seen. :eek: Just horrendous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.