Why do you watch?

pabzi

CSI Level Three
It isterest me, and probably others too, as to why people watch the show.
Do you watch for the science? Plots? Character?

I watch for the plots. It amazes me what people are capable of doing. On the way, I fell in love with the characters, but my main reason for watching is the plots. Even if the got rid of characters, I'd still watch.

I guess for me is a bit of everything. I like the combination of everything. I guess it wouldn't be as good as it is if it wasn't because of all the details and aspects it has. CSI works for me as the whole, science, plots and characters... But I must say that characters have definitely a lot of importance, I adore the episodes where we get twists around character's lifes or troubles of any kind for them. But obviously plots also make some good and interesting episodes, and the series wouldn't be the great CSI if we couldn't see the most exciting plots, the most amazing stories. So I guess I watch it because of plots and characters, but also because of the scenes in the lab, using all that amazing equipment..I love CSI :D and I don't really bother trying to figure out and know for sure why I watch it, in fact. The important is that I enjoy it!

I watch for the cases, the characters and actors as a team and individuals, and the science. I like the fact that they not only use real equipment on the show the fact that some of it might be advanced (ie a newer version of something), the fact that the results are done in tv time lol doesn't bother me.

I love seeing how the show changes from week to week, how they in one respect grow and in another revert a bit to the previous, not to mention the actors/writers are so good about it they let you see the weaknesses and the strengths. I think for me the fact that the show isn't a constant (though some like it that way) keeps things alive. The fact that they may make mistakes with in the show it makes you think and look and learn even if you are trying to prove something right or wrong.

I also like that (the mistakes.) It makes it more real. Another of my many reasons is that it feels real to me. Comedy shows, and sappy drama don't feel real IMO. They feel like TV shows. Someone asks me if I watch TV, I say, No, I watch CSI.

I mostly watch CSI for the science. I think that it is fascinating that such simple things like a strand of hair or a fiber can lead you back to a specific person or thing. The plots are really good too. I like that each episode is different, and yet they are all the same. It's nice that a show is able to accomplish keeping everything the way we're used to as well as introducing new things. The characters are really great too. You want to keep watching the show because you want to see how the different people interact and grow with each other from episode to episode.

In the beginning I watched for the cases and the science of the show. I just thought it was such a new interesting twist on the crime drama. The more I watched the more attached I got to the characters (especially a certain one, take a guess who that is :lol: ) But anyway, I still love the cases and it is fascinating how messed up people are and what crimes they commit and then how the cases get solved. I love all the equipment they use. So basically I just love the show overall.

I originally started watching it because I've always had a bit of an interest in forensics (anyone remember "Quincy" or am I dating myself? :lol: ) and I was familiar with William Petersen as a quality actor. The great stories and characters (as well as great ensemble cast, always something I appreciate) kept me, even through some of the shakier episodes. The newer additions through all of the seasons have been fantastic - wierd to think that we didn't have Doc Robbins, Archie, Hodges, or even Sara in the pilot - and if they play their cards right and "dance with who brung 'em" instead of trying to emulate the competition, there's a few more seasons in this thing.

I started accually watching (As in I die if I miss an ep) last year. My would watch like L&O when we slept in the front room sometimes and I loved it. The only shows I really watch ARE the crime shows. I am find interest in that kind of stuff. It's what I am into. I don't find entertainment in most reality shows. My career path has been law enforcement too and that drew me too it.

My parents recommended the show to me and at first I really enjoyed the stories, I love trying to work out "who did it" and then the more I watched and got to know the characters they had me hooked. The actors are fantastic (especially George, Grave Danger was awesome) and improve with every episode. The science is so interesting too and I am always boring everyone at work with my comments on epithelials and DNA! :rolleyes: I feel like I learn new things with every ep.

Korbjaeger Your not the only one - I loved Quincy! :lol:

Lvodkadiet and Korbjaeger I also enjoyed Quincy :)

I watch the show for the characters and the plot. The science to me is part of the plot because if we didn't have the science we wouldn't have the plot. I also understand that the science gets sped up for the show and that DNA doesn't take 20 seconds. I would sometimes like more character development but at the same time I don't want a soap opera

I love the show because of the science but i dont think i would watch the show if the characters werent as good as they are. I watch real llife forensic things but you dont find them as intresting. I think at all the characters and there personalities give you some one who you can relate to in the show and this makes it more intresting. The plot are also another reason why i watch it. I know alot of people who make fun of the show because they say its always murder or kidnapp that they show but its not always and the plots have to be made exciting to make people want to watch it. So i guess i really watch csi everything really.

A good friend of mine used to go on about CSI this and CSI that and a little man she fancied who goes by the name of Billy Petersen. She showed me his pic, he did nothing for me. So, I finally watched my first episode (Pledging Mr Johnson) last year sometime and I am now an addict. It took a while for me to be attracted to BP but honestly, now, I am so obbsessed with the man. Officially my second fav actor. (Bobby De Niro first lol)

Like a lotta you guys i've always had this morbid facination with forensics so that was the main draw at first. Then I fell in love with the characters (Brass, Cath & Griss) and I am now a CSI nut!

I orginially started watching the show for the science, and all that stuff. I love how all these actors could work together and still draw in so many viewers for the science, the dead bodies, the silly - yet funny one-liners, gore, and romance. I didn't begin shipping anyone until coming to this board, but I still tune in to watch every week, and I'm completely blown away that they are still coming up with awesome episodes after 7 years.

19ams87 A good friend of mine used to go on about CSI this and CSI that and a little man she fancied who goes by the name of Billy Petersen. She showed me his pic, he did nothing for me. So, I finally watched my first episode (Pledging Mr Johnson) last year sometime and I am now an addict. It took a while for me to be attracted to BP but honestly, now, I am so obbsessed with the man.

Ah, ams... sadly, the ravages of WPHS leaves no innocent woman unscathed....

Back