Why do the CSI franchises villify left handed people

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Sticks, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Sticks

Sticks Dead on Arrival

:mad:

After finally watching Dude Where's the Groom on CSI Miami here in the UK, yet again it is left handedness which point them to the bad guy.

I have seen this in other shows, including CSI Miami where evidence shows the bad guy is left handed.

It never seems to be the case that a suspect is ruled out because they are left handed and the bad guy was right handed.

So why do the writers want to villify left handed people.

When is the great rounding up going to begin as according to the franchises they are disproportinately guilty of crimes and almost, nay always guilty of some shenanegans

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think the show villifies people who are left-handed in a prejudicial way. I think they do that sort of storyline because of the statistics on how many people are left-handed as opposed to right handed. It is repetitive, but these shows repeat a lot of things, so that doesn't really surprise me lol.

I'm pretty sure that some of the CSIs/lab techs are left handed, so again, I don't think the show is doing it because they have something against left handed people. I think its just that statistically there are supposedly less left handed people in the world than there are right, so they treat it like it's a rare thing or something. :shrug:

3. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

As I lefthanded person, I always take note of who's a lefty. While historically people have villify lefties, I hadn't noticed CSI doing it. I'll have to pay closer attention when I watch.

I think it probably due to the fact that a large number of actors are lefthanded.