Who would like to see a csi Miami baby?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by LynseyG, Oct 5, 2011.

1. LynseyG

LynseyG Victim

I watch both csi miami and ny, i have just finished watching csi miami season 8 and csi ny season 6 :).. i can not decide if i would like to see a csi miami baby like they have with lindsay and danny in csi ny?

In most respects i dont think i would..

what are your thoughts? :) :)

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I probably would like to hear about Calleigh's pregnancy with Eric in the very last episode of CSI Miami. Not before, but I wouldn't mind if that happened. As long as it wouldn't overtake the show...but as we know tptb can not play subtle about anything.
    As to others, I don't really care, but it would be nice to hear for example that Valera just got back from maternity leave to the lab and that was the reason of her absence.

3. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Oh please not!

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Oh heck no.Let's learn more about the CSI's(all of them) that we have,there's no need to add a baby into the mix,no matter who he or she belonged to.

They don't need the opportunity to even have a chance of messing this up and I'm confident it wouldn't turn out well.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  5. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

If they're going to show something this sappy on CSI: Mi, let it be a final resolution for Eric and Calleigh or a new romance for Horatio.

6. Martina

Martina Victim

I don't want to see a baby in CSI: Miami. This is a crime series and no soap opera!

7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I'd...rather not.

I'm a diehard Eric/Calleigh shipper, and I'd love for them to get married and possibly have kids someday, but I think a baby in the near future for them is a little too soon right now. It's not just those two that shouldn't have a baby, it's anybody: if the writers were to make anyone pregnant/adopt a child/etc., then they wouldn't be able to do it subtly, and it'd be a big, annoying melodramatic disaster. I don't trust them with stuff like this since they did all that crap with Horatio/Marisol, and then turned what could've been a perfectly solid, stable, and subtle relationship between Eric and Calleigh into a dramatic, someone's-always-near-death nightmare.

I do think it's interesting that we don't really see as much into the characters' personal lives as we used to even just a few years ago. Obviously, science and crime solving should be the main focus, but even from the beginning the writers were able to incorporate a little of their lives into the show without it taking over. Other than Calleigh and Eric's ambiguous on-and-off relationship, or the likely-buried Kyle storyline for Horatio, it seems as if nobody has a life outside the crime lab, or much in the way of family. I'm willing to bet all of them are very sexually frustrated at this point. :lol:

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Only if its not by a current main character (I mean, what would be the point NY hardly ever shows baby Lucy and I assume a Miami baby would be the same way).

Here are some ways we could see a Miami baby that I wouldn't mind:

Valera comes to the lab for a visit with her new baby which explains her absence (after all the actress did have a baby herself not too long ago).

Or Alexx visits and brings her grandchild... one or both of her kids should be old enough to have a baby by now.

Or one of Frank's kids has a kid and Frank is watching after the baby...

or Kyle makes Horatio a grandfather. :lol: Okay, I'm joking about that last one LOL.

9. LynseyG

LynseyG Victim

I agree, I watch csi ny and for the majority of season five lindsay being pregnant and having the baby was talked about in most episodes then it jumps to season six and it is as Lucy does not exist!, I also think that csi miami could let us learn more about each of the characters even the most tiny thing as I agree its like they life, eat, sleep WORK haha :)

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

For the finale of the series they should have Eric and Calleigh get married, then have everyone there. Horatio as the best man. :)

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I wouldn't be totally against seeing a pregnancy/baby on the show at some point, because it would add a different dynamic to the characters involved whom have been evolving all these years. Additionally, it might add some realism :)p) as many real life investigators do have families. So on that end, why not?

That being said, I don't think it would be handled very well in any universe the Miami writers call home. I don't have very much confidence in their ability to pull off a storyline that requires so much commitment. They seem to do isolated development better than a longterm substantial change, and I think that comes with the territory of a crime drama which mainly focuses on the characters' professional lives as well as the cases.

It may or may not work for CSI:NY, but I think it woud definitely run into some problems on Miami.

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That in itself is the biggest reason (IMO) against seeing a CSI:Miami baby.I really hope not to ever see this storyline.

13. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I wouldn't mind if Eric and Calleigh had one in the end. But, they don't need one for more than character wrap ups.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I wouldn't want a baby for any of the characters. The only way I'd be kind of ok with it is if it's the end of the series and it's a closing storyline for Eric and Cal. But I'd rather have them getting married. I'm not really a fan of the Horatio/Kyle storyline so I don't have enough confidence in the writers to pull of another son/daughter storyline.

15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Yea that's pretty much why I'm also against it. I wouldn't mind, if the Miami writers had a better track record with writing relationships and personal things. They just suck at it, honestly, and a baby story line wouldn't be any better than any of the relationships they write.

If they ever do decide to do one, please be at the end of the series so we don't have to watch it play out for years to come.