Which series had the best overall season?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, May 28, 2009.

?

1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. CSI: Miami

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. CSI: New York

24 vote(s)
    47.1%
  4. They all had great seasons!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None of them had a good season.

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This is a pretty complicated question, but there's a simple poll to start things out. :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts about why that series had a great season - or why another series didn't make the cut. Was it the plots? The story arcs? The character development? The writing?

Discuss! :D

2. electra

electra Pathologist

CSI las Vegas is still my favorite of the three but IMO CSI miami had the best season.I liked how super H was more human ,Ryan getting a more mature role and the way the E/C relationship was handled.Ron Saris was a good villain as well.

Considering how good was season 4 of NY , this season was disappointing.I hate the fairytale relationship of D/L and the ending of the greek storyline.Some episodes like "Yarzeit " were very good,still.

Same thing for Vegas becouse I am used to expect much more then what we had.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I went with NY. There were a few epis that I didn't care for, & one storyline that I would have gladly seen axed (D/L was ok until the out of the blue preggers/marriage came along), but I enjoyed Flack's stories with both his sister, Sam, & his relationship with Angell (did not want to see that one go). I also enjoyed Adam, & Hawkes' side story about his ex-girlfriend, & the Greek coin mystery (up until Grounds for Deception *yikes*). It wasn't by far the best season ever, but out of the other 2, NY came out on top for me; & out of the 3, NY had a season of wonderful team moments that can make any boring episode still a bit entertaining.

Vegas -
    It started off well, & then it fell flat with the overdose of Laurence Fishburne -- though I do like him, he's just too shoved in my face, & I terribly missed Nick, Catherine & Greg. I can only actually recall 'Turn Turn Turn' as being an outstanding epi; all the others just seemed to be bleh. Ok & I did love the death by porkchop episode. ;)

Miami-
    Sadly, the same ol' song & dance --from the overkill & character destruction of Eric & Calleigh & thier "pulled from a teenage fan-fic" romance, Calleigh's gazillionth time facing death, the enormous lack of the beautiful & talented as hell Eva LaRue (Natalia), the typical bad guys vs. Horatio arc, the unbalanced screentime/arcs, the sloppy & forced writing, & on down to the all time SHI**IEST examples of team dynamics. Miami Season 7 = really. baaad.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I went with Miami even though Vegas is my fave of the three shows. I'm still more irritated with them over the 200th ep than I am even with Miami over a certain storyline (which is saying a lot, trust me). NY was just okay. I do agree that the Flack stuff was good. And Adam's stuff in Party's Over or whatever that ep was called. But overall, I enjoyed Miami the most (with a few exceptions lol). Wasn't crazy about the Russian Mafia stuff because I'm not a fan of mafia/mob storylines in any tv show (or movie for that matter).

5. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Hmm, I went with Miami. Mostly 'cause even if all of its episodes weren't "amazing amazing", they were all at least "average" or "OK". New York...umm...the eps were either really good or really bad *coughs, THE BOX, coughs, PREY, coughs, THE PAST, PRESENT, AND MURDER, coughs, GROUNDS FOR DECEPTION, clears throat* sorry...so it was a really uneven and bumpy season and the quality of the entire season was dragged DOWN 'cause of the really bad eps...The Greek coin smuggling storyline was actually pretty interesting, but the concluding episode of the 3-episode-arc WRECKED it...Melina must stick to acting...*shakes head and sighs of exaspiration* I don't watch Vegas so I can't comment on it...

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well IMO CSI had the best overall season this year, and it proved that it could survive with the loss of two characters in one season. I think its getting better, and to make it even better - More Catherine, Nick, Greg, and Riley but a lot less of Fishburn/Ray and Hodges.

NY was pretty good, although I missed some eps.

I don't watch Miami

7. electra

electra Pathologist

Yeah.Considering that Vegas lost 3 major characters(one of them the lead),the show is doing well.But we are used to so much more quality ,that I want the show to find it's rhythm.

Season 4 from Miami started the decline so it's nice to see that things are improving.

8. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I vote for NY, i didn't saw all eps, but it's my NY was and will the best for me.

Totally agree, it was a little better then season 6, for me as Ryan fan, but over all s6 and s7 was worst in Miami.

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I went with New York, I really loved all the episodes. CSI had a couple good episodes, but NY's episodes all stuck with me. I haven't seen any Miami since Speed died.

10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Ultimately voted None.

I haven't watched Miami inna long time. Whenever I flip by either a new ep or a rerun, I can't tell them apart anymore, they all so much seem the same, nuthin ever changes, and certainly nothing holds my attention long enough to sit thru a whole ep. Not even Johnathan Togo, who was the only reason I watched as long as I did.

I did catch a few eps of Vegas this season. I was very impressed with some, but also had a vague re-affirmation in why I've largely fallen away from this show as well, so for that see-saw, in even just the few eps I did see, I can't say the show had a season to elevate it above others, or other the other series.

NY I did see most of. And it was not the strongest season it's ever had, oh no. In an extended season, three solid eps outta 25 eps, and two or three decent others, does not speak of a season that blows its brethren outta the water. The whole of it was hugely and exasperatedly disappointing.

I won't be tuning into Miami, but I do hope that next season brings better things to Vegas and New York.

11. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

I voted for Miami. Compared to the last season, seven was definately an improvement! Six felt rushed and not like the Miami that I had grown to love, 7 was much more the stuff that got me into Miami in the first place. I don't agree with a lot of people in saying that Miami was the 'same old stuff' I thought they really freshed it up this season. They had a lot of episodes that kept you interested, and of course the huge Ryan storyline kept my eyes glued to the tube. I do wish that there was more in the form of team unity (Something I think they are going back to next season) and more Natalia action (really hoping that changes next season).

I'm not a hardcore E/C fan, but I thought the way the writers brought them together was nice and not out of thin air like D/L. This had been seven years in the making and I'm glad the E/C fans finally got what they wanted. I don't think it was shoved down everyone's throat and I didn't feel bombarded by it. Great job by the writers.

The Ryan storyline was amazing and further proved what an accet Jonathan Togo is to the show! From the moment Billy was introduced, he had us guessing and WISC was an amazing protryal of his acting skills. I think we got a deeper, more mature Ryan this season for which I am very happy!

As much as I'm going to be scolded on by this, I really liked Tara. From the moment she entered her first scene she caught my interest as a very strong, determined woman who wants to do her job and do it well. It was unfortunate (and very fasinating and good T.V.) how her time on the show ended. I really thought they could of done more with her character. She had very big shoes to fill and I thought she did the best she could.

I loved the Horatio/Kyle/Julia drama that continued thoughout the season. Kyle had always kept my interest especially how he interacts with Horatio is nice. The writers did a good thing by bringing them back into Horatio's life, as they both humanize him. I'm very looking forward to what the writers have next for Horatio and Kyle.

Overall, Miami was amazing this season and I can't wait for season 8!!! :)

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I voted Miami :)

This has been my favorite Miami season and compared to Vegas and NY's seasons I think it came out on top.

Miami: There were a lot of things that kept me interested. Horatio definitely became more human. I had feared I was going to be rolling my eyes the whole season with the Julia/Kyle storyline and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. There were some great, solid episodes like Wrecking Crew, Sink or Swim, Head Case, and Smoke gets in your CSI's, among others. There were some great lighthearted episodes like Dead on Arrival. I love that Eric and Calleigh were finally brought together after teasing and playing with them for so long. I love that the story was done in a believable way based on friendship and not random sex.

The Ryan storyline was really good and even though he's not a character I usually enjoy, this season got a little better for me to watch him. They really explored his character and his potential.

I guess that what made it such a great season for me was that there were very few episodes that I did not enjoy (like Won't get fueled again and Raging Cannibal). The mayority of them were really good and kept me interested. And of course my OTP became canon so I'm happy with that.

NY: NY would be my second choice because it did have some great episodes like Yahrzeit (sp?) and Pay Up. Still there were some that fell flat and were just plain boring like The Past, Present, and Murder and others that were just average. Also the whole D/L story in which from total inconsistency they are totally in love and head over heels for each other, having a baby and getting married...meh :rolleyes:. At first I had no problem with them but then it just got all over the place.

Vegas: oh Vegas. This season was just a long, big bumpy road for them. There were some good episodes like the premier, and the recent ones with Catherine in the center, but there were some really bad ones. I hope season 10 brings lots of good surprises.

13. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I think that I liked New York's season the best.
    Of course, there were a few epsiodes here and there that made go "What was the point of that?", but overall I felt they had a pretty solid season. We had a fair amount of character development (fair as in a little bit of it actually occured), from meeting some of Flack's family, to developing relationships, to all the Danny and Lindsay business, etc. And we had some interesting storylines that ran the lenght of the season, such as the Greek coin thing.

I think Miami's season was okay.
    I'm glad they finally squeezed in some good stories for Ryan, but I think they focused on some other things so much that it just old a little old for me.

14. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

CSI : Miami had a good season but I think CSI : New York had the edge.:)

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm going with a tie between Vegas and NY.

Vegas started out really strong. Episodes like For Warrick, Art Imitates Life, Let it Bleed, If I had a Hammer, Leave Out all the Rest, 19 Down, One to Go, Young Man with a Horn, all were fantastic. But as the season went on, they had some NOT so good episodes. Unfortunately, the 200th episode fell short. At least for me. It seemed very un-CSI like. Too much other stuff, not enough evidence gathering. I was not impressed, famous director and all, it still didn't do it for me. The finale was just as much of a dud as well. After almost a year on the show, I'm still not warming up to Laurence Fishburne. He's a great actor, but I'm not feeling his connection to CSI. Maybe that's why some of the Ray-centered episodes didn't do it for me.

As for NY, well it started out boring. Well not boring but the episodes were sort of duds. Page Turner was okay. Maroon Five was good but the rest of the episode was ..meh. Same with the Premiere, Veritas. To me, it would have been more interesting if Mac had remembered things about his kidnapping all through out the season or a good part of it, instead of cramming it into the 43 minutes.

Episodes like The Box, Green Piece, The Greater Good were okay. I'm not a fan of Danny and Lindsay being together let alone married with a child, so they were not very interesting to me. I know NY has a different premise, they do include more personal storylines and they do it well. Enough insight to the characters to keep them interesting without it taking over the show. Well to me, the whole 'Danny/Lindsay-pregnancy-marriage' storyline ruined some episodes for me. I didn't need to see Lindsay giving birth in The Greater Good. So they sort of blew the season....

Yahrzeit pretty much saved the season for NY. And Pay Up. Both were excellent in different way. Yahrzeit was different, it was emotional without being graphic or too dramatic. I loved Mac's scenes at the end. Pay Up was emotional in a different way. Angell died and the team wanted to find out who killed her. Flack's scenes were again fantastic.
    Those two episodes saved NY's season for me.

That's why I'm saying it was a tie between NY and Vegas. I don't watch Miami.