What's Your Blood Type?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 3, 2006.

1. pixies

pixies Prime Suspect

dont you have to be the same blood type as at least one of your parents??

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

If I remember right, if your dad is A and mom B, you can be AB ... or something. It's been so many years :p

3. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Im B-

just like my daddy and my brother.

my mum is 0+

4. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I'm O -

So are my mom and my sister. My dad is 0+

5. Ducky

Now that we have Organ Donation thread open, I shall bump this as well ;) Poll is on the first page :D

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm A+ :)

My Mum is O+, Dad is AB- and my sister is B+. My sister and I donate regularly, Mum isn't allowed to and Dad jokingly insists that his blood is too precious to donate (but in reality he's scared of needles). ;)

7. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

It's rather complicated to explain. If you look at Elsie's post ^^^, her parents wouldn't be able to have a child that was O for example, they must be either A or B, and it's a 50:50 chance.
    If both parents are O, then the child must be O. There are two possible types of A and B though, it's to do with which alleles they have. :rolleyes:
    Yeah...it's simple once you understand, but difficult to explain, so I'm not even going to try. :lol:

I took an exam in it yesterday. :p

8. Ducky

Lovely 9th grade Biology ;)

Our website has pictures about it

Blood types in family

9. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

:eek: I only learnt about it this year, and I'm 18. :rolleyes: It was amongst other genetic stuff of course, so they made it more complicated. :lol:
    Liking the pictures. :p

10. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

I'm o-, my mom, brother, and sister are all that too. Needless to say we get a lot of calls (and letters, and the occaisional package...) from the local blood center.

11. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I'm B+, my father is AB+, and my mother is O+. My little brother and my sister are A+, and I don't know about my big brother, but we think he's A+, cause my mother had antibodies for the A tipe when my little brother was born.

12. Ducky

here 9th grade biology is human biology. I wonder if that teacher still tests with students what's their blood type :lol: It was exciting :D So that's when we learn basics of the blood types and heritage (brown/blue eyes) and then 2nd course on Upper Secondary school (compulsory) is more of this heritage and we "cross breed yellow and green peas and chickens and black and white rabbits. On paper only, tho :p I think 90% of students are afraid of that course because it's really hard and lots to remember. And then we have more about blood types as well and there we were more doing this "if mom is AB and dad is AB, what kids can be" :rolleyes:

13. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I'm o+, I appear to be the only one in my immeadiate family that is :lol: they're all A+

14. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

Hmm, I dont really know what I am.
    My parents both have rare blood types, I have no idea if that means I would have rare, too. Or both theirs together would make it common..
    Ill have to find out :)

15. ametista

ametista Prime Suspect

I'm o+, just like my dad.
    In my country, it's 11/12 grade biology. It was very interesting and I loved every single lesson on human genetics. And I had so much fun solving all those crossbreeding tasks DaWacko mentioned, though I think we had black and white guinea pigs instead of rabbits :p and we didn't get to test our blood types :(