What was the worst thing about Season 4 for you?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by DC_nz, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

What was the worst thing about Season 4 for me??? hmmmm...what wasn't the worst thing about Season 4 for me??? There were ONLY 5 good things about season 4...the episodes Driven, Dead Air, Shock, Rampage and One Of Our Own. The rest of season 4, forgive my bluntness, was CRAP!!! It was also VERY FORGETTABLE. I done forgot most of it. Now who got killed and who did the killing and how did they finally catch the killer in the first episode of season 4??? You may have noticed I didn't list Open Water as one of the good things about season 4. Open Water was one of the last 4 episodes of season 4. In other threads I've said I liked the last 4 episodes of season 4 plus the episode Driven. After I saw Blood in the Water-2nd episode of season 4-again this past Monday I realized Open Water reminded me of Blood in the Water. I know I said season 4 was VERY FORGETTABLE. So how can I remember what episode number Blood in the Water is???
    Here's how I can remember:
    'CSI: Miami' Episode Guide

2. Azza4Speed

Azza4Speed Police Officer

Man, The Delko-Ryan-Boa Vista thing is a bit wierd... The episode when Eric gives her back 'her' bracelette, and she goes, 'It's not mine'. I mean, ew! do they REALLY have to rub in that Eric's a playa? I don't know, I just didn't like that...

And as I might have said before, THE COLOUR! I mean sheez, who gave tht department the crayons? :lol:

3. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I didn't really like the Eric/Natalia/Ryan thing. That was a definite trainwreck. I like all of the characters individually (even Natalia) but the whole relationship was just stupid.

I didn't like how robotic Calleigh was. I miss the old Calleigh (particularly S1 Calleigh) when she was all smiles and cute remarks to Horatio. I mean, seriously -- bring her back.

The Horatio/Marisol thing was weird as well. They didn't know each other for that long, and then they get married -- TPTB didn't even show a kiss onscreen. That's a little hinky to me. :|

I also didn't like the minimal Frank Tripp screentime. That man has to be one of my favorite detectives ever. S1 he was kind of a jerk but now he's pretty much awesome.

4. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

1.)oooh yes it was the color definitely ... all that orange ...
    2.) i also hated the make up calleigh wore soo much she looked so different same thing with horatio ...
    3.)than there was the outfit-thing all that matching clothes ... i think they need a new make-up artist maybe the old one is blind or something like that
    4.)whoever did the hair should be firered too (alexx once had a hairdo that made she look like some sort of a african-jungle-queen it was so high and big ... just horrible... i mean after all this is her work you can't go to work like that :eek:)

4.) everything you already said (love triangle, marisol/horatio/eric thing etc.)

5. DC_nz

DC_nz Hit and Run

LMAO@the Alexx hair description :lol:

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Actually I saw someone else using that... man, I'm not that creative. But I guess were one of the very first who started to use it "always".

Worst thing?
    Whole season was "worst thing"

-Snake Lady
    -Aerosol
    - Snake lady
    ...ummmm
    -H's new background
    -Aerosol
    -Snake Lady
    -H and Aerosol getting married
    -Snake Lady
    -Aerosol looking the healthiest cancer patient EVER
    -Horatio getting brutal
    -Baby scares...

And two more things
    Aerosol and Snake Lady.

7. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

:confused: :confused: :confused: huh ? what should that mean ?????

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Worst thing about season four...*thinks* Well since I've already said all of season four was a piece of junk..I should be a little more elaborate.

Well, actually if I was going to pick the worst thing about the entire series it would have to be Ryan Wolfe. :lol: :p I'm kidding...Really I am. I like him.

I hated:

-Natalia
    -Stupid blinding colors
    -Robotic cast
    -Love triangles
    -Every single bad guy (They were all lame)
    -The fact that Alexx doesn't talk to the dead people anymore, but Horatio seems to now. (Prey :rolleyes: )

...Okay you know what? I really did hate all of season 4. It almost makes me want to cry.

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I still say THE ABSOLUTE WORST PART of season 4 was...drumroll...SEASON 4. With the exception of these five episodes: Driven, Dead Air, Shock, Rampage and One Of Our Own. I think these people who write these CSI, CSI: Miami and CSI: NY novels could probably write better episodes. The CSI: Miami novel I'm reading...RIPTIDE...is written by Donn Cortez. He stays true to the characters and CSI: Miami. He don't get off course with forgettable stories, soapy stories and CRAP. Wish Donn Cortez had written some season 4 episodes. Then maybe season 4 would have been a better season. When I'm not online or sleeping or eating or driving I'm reading that novel...IT'S GOOD!!!

10. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

What was the worst thing about Season 4? I agree with all of the points raised but would like to add that I found it alarmingly superficial. There was no depth and any attempts to make it meaningful were unconvincing and backfired completely. Take Marisol's glamour cancer for example. That could have been a very moving storyline for Eric, but it was ruined, in my opinion, by H's involvement with Marisol - and the fact that she was the healthiest cancer patient any of us have ever set eyes on.

Also, I found almost every episode of Season 4 very forgettable (with the exception of 'Nailed'). I cannot distinguish one from another. This was not the case at any point in the first 3 seasons.

The glossy, colourful look of the show really cannot hide it's many shortcomings at present.