What was Danny's biggest misstep?

What do you think Danny Messer's greatest misstep has been to date?

• Trusting the wrong person (A Man a Mile, Buzzkill)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Not immediately telling Mac about his Tanglewood connections

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Yelling at the victim's son in "The Dove Commission"

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • His involvement in the subway shootout in "On the Job" which resulted in Officer Minhaus's death

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Going against Mac's orders to drop the case in "Crime & Misdemeanors"

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Pushing the panic button in "Trapped"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sending Ruben home on his own in "Child's Play"

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
I thinkhis character is great, it's none of those - boring stories - ones.
though it seem that it is happening way too much in his life, the on the job thing, screwing things, the tanglewoods, the ruben thing, a DOA with lindsay

he just doesn't seem satisfied with his life. wllok I woulnd't be either with all that happening to me.

you think Mac or Stella oreven Lindsay would have reacted the way when Rikki stole his gun?

^No, definitely not--Danny's reactions are really pretty unique. I think Mac, Stella or Lindsay probably would have called on the team for help rather than going MIA. Of course, Danny had to be chased down by Flack and even then, Flack had to get tough on him before Danny would accept help. :lol:

Speaking of that, that seems to be the only way to get through to Danny sometimes. Flack tried the gentle approach with Danny in "On the Job," but it wasn't until Mac got really stern with Danny that he listened. Similarly, Flack basically had to force his help on Danny before Danny would accept in "All in the Family." Why do you guys think it is that Danny oftentimes only responds when people get hard on him or angry with him?

because then he has no other choice then, I guess.

I mean when i mess something up i only respond when someones getting angry with me (I know bad habbit :D )

Top41 said:
Why do you guys think it is that Danny oftentimes only responds when people get hard on him or angry with him?

I think it could stem from his family. In the flashback with Louie at Giants stadium (with "young Danny" *snicker*) Louie got physical with him. Louie was just putting on a show for Sonny and his pals, but Danny didn't know that. I would guess if his family is "connected" he's had his fair share of abuse over the years so he learned to respond to anger and people getting physical with him.

Plus, many people are just plain ol' subborn. I would think that could be a defense mechanism to try and show that what they are doing is "right." It's only when the other person gets angry that they are willing to admit that maybe they weren't "right" and back down. I don't really know if that makes sense, but I know what I was trying to say! :p

Yep, I second PerfectAnomaly's answer. Something to do with his family and hairy upbringing (the phrase is permanently stuck in my head now :lol:).

Do you guys think that's the first time Louie was physical with him though? Was it Louie going over the line and getting physical that convinced Danny things were never the same between them again, or was it Louie telling him he's an embarrassment/shame in front of the other Tanglewood boys?

^^ I have the feeling it was more of the latter, with a potential side of Louie deciding he wants nothing to do with Danny unless he needs money. If I recall correctly in "Trapped," he alludes to that fact.

I don't think that was the first time Louie was ever physical with him. Older brothers will sometimes pick on and physically fight their younger brothers. I think that feeds into Danny's insecurities and his issues.

Back