What new shows are you all excited about?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Speedslady, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

For me it's

The Blacklist (it awaits my viewing pleasure on my DVR!)
    Ironside (we'll see)
    Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
    The Middletons
    Chicago PD

Think that's it. I do plan to follow Once Upon a Time and Chicago Fire this season, got hooked on them during the summer. And of course keeping up with the Reagan's on Blue Bloods (the only CBS show that I am reamainging with).

So what are your thoughts and views on the new shows?

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

ABC
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Lucky 7
    Betrayal
    Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

CBS
    Hostages
    Intelligence
    Reckless
    The Crazy Ones

The CW
    The Tomorrow People

FOX
    Sleepy Hollow
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine

NBC
    The Blacklist
    Ironside
    Chicago PD
    The Michael J. Fox Show
    Crisis

You really have to pick the gems out of all the crap new shows that are coming out now and in the next couple months. Just go on your gut feeling.

For ABC: I never saw the Avengers movie, but I like superheroes, so I think you probably can't go wrong with MAoS. Maybe Iron Man will pop in and make a cameo appearance! ;) Lucky 7 is about 7 co-workers who win a big lottery prize; Betrayal is about 2 happily married people (with kids), who embark on an affair. If you like Revenge, this should be right up your alley. And, OUaTiW is the spinoff to Once Upon a Time. They'll be spending some time in Neverland in this one, so you'll see Peter Pan & Tinkerbell. Win-win all around, I say. Not really a comedy person, so no ABC comedies really got my attention, even though one of them stars James Caan. I don't think any of them will last long.

For CBS: Hostages has Toni Collette & Dylan McDermott; Intelligence has Marg Helgenberger & Josh Holloway; Reckless has Adam Rodriguez, and The Crazy Ones has Robin Williams--need I say more? Regarding the comedies, hopefully Mom, The Millers and We are Men will turn out okay, but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed on any of them.

For The CW: I'm not a big CW watcher. Currently, I only watch Arrow (hey, another superhero...:lol:) on their network. They cater more to a younger crowd, and since I'm in my 40s, they don't have what I need to be entertained. One new show is a spinoff of The Vampire Diaries, so that's already dead in the water. I may give The Tomorrow People a try, though its giving off that Twilight/stick-in-any-other-popular-book series-that-kids-like vibe.

For FOX: Sleepy Hollow is set in the modern world, where Ichabod Crane works with a female police officer to bring down the Headless Horseman. Hopefully, it'll be just X-Filesy enough for my tastes. For comedies, Dads is too sophomoric, but Brooklyn Nine-Nine might be the winner, with Andre Braugher and Andy Samberg, about a police squad in Brooklyn, NY.

For NBC: We have Chicago PD, The Blacklist, and Ironside to fit my crime-drama needs, and Crisis, which stars Gillian Anderson (who also stars in Season 2 of Hannibal, so she's gonna be a very busy lady!). For comedies, only The Michael J. Fox Show is worth my time. He's a very courageous guy, staying in the business, while fighting Parkinson's disease. :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  3. Speedslady

Oh can't believe I forgot AGENTS of S.H.I.E.L.D

As for The Blacklist.... AWESOME!!! I saw the ratings for last night The Blacklist was a hit with 13 million. Hostages was last under anther premiere though the name has escaped me. If the season is as good as the season premiere was it'll kill the other networks. As of now the DVR is all ready for it.

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

It was probably ABC's Castle. That was the other premiere at 10pm ET/9pm CT on Monday night.

5. Speedslady

You know I've never gotten into Castle. I guess by 9pm I'm a pumpkin anywhoo... heehee..

I do know that The Blacklist & Chicago Fire has both got my attention. Hugely.

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

ABC
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

CBS
    Intelligence
    The Crazy Ones

The CW
    The Tomorrow People

NBC
    Ironside
    The Michael J. Fox Show

I just copied and pasted mulder42's list then edited out the ones that don't even raise my eyebrow much my less pique my interest.