What are the siggie requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightWitch

Hit and Run
Hi! I'm new here. I've been watching CSI for a few years - I think I started watching around season 4 or 5, but I only recently started looking for forums to discuss the show.

Anyway... if I wanted to put a pic in my siggie, what are the size requirements?

TIA. :cool:

First off.. Welcome to the Vegas forum NightWitch :D

Here are the rules in this forum. It talks about banners and avatars. Hopefully that will answer some of your questions about this forum.

What does this mean.... (in bold)?

The max size avatar you can have is 140x140. Avatars cannot carry Adult Content, Swearing, Baiting, Trolling, Flaming, or shipping real life stars in them.

Welcome to the site.
Anyway... if I wanted to put a pic in my siggie, what are the size requirements?
You have the choice of either a "Banner (size 220 wide by 75 high)" or "Text" but not both.
What does this mean.... (in bold)?

shipping real life stars in them.
Sometimes fans think that real life co stars on the show belong together in a relationship off the set. Such speculation is not allowed on this site be it in discussion, avatars, or signatures. The only speculations or discussion on a stars life that is allowed is that which they themselves have stated to in public such as interviews, etc.
What does "shipping" and "shipper" refer to? :confused:
Shipping, is when you like a certain couple (character wise) for instance Grissom/Sara, Grissom/Catherine, ect. The term comes from relationSHIP
Shipper, just referres to the person who ships the couple. There is a forum for that called "Shipper Central" for which both of these are done.

Also since you are new I thought I would give you a heads up that you have 24 hrs to edit your post to add in anything you might have forgot if no one has posted after you. Otherwise its back to back posting (otherwise known as multiple posting) which we try to discourage. If someone posts after you then your fine, if not the edit button works just fine, lastly if it's been 24 hrs and you can no longer see your edit button then you can post again even if someone hasn't posted after you.

Other advice just take it slow and easy there is no way to really avoid not hitting a snag or missing one of the rules of the site, all new folks will and some of the regulars will tell you they still tend to. ;)

^ Oops, I was too slow again, you beat me to it there Destiny ;)

What does "shipping" and "shipper" refer to? :confused:

"Shipping" refers to the relationship pairs that you like on shows, such as Grissom and Sara, Catherine and Warick, etc.
Hope that makes sense :)

Oh, okay! Thanks, guys!!!

I don't get interested in the stars' personal lives much anyway, so that's not a problem. I don't get the Grissom/Sara pairing personally - it's just not that type of show. I never saw a point in that whole storyline.

I think I'll go with a quote for now. ;)

Also since you are new I thought I would give you a heads up that you have 24 hrs to edit your post to add in anything you might have forgot if no one has posted after you. Otherwise its back to back posting (otherwise known as multiple posting) which we try to discourage. If someone posts after you then your fine, if not the edit button works just fine, lastly if it's been 24 hrs and you can no longer see your edit button then you can post again even if someone hasn't posted after you.
I don't understand? Are you saying you want me to edit something?:confused:

I don't understand? Are you saying you want me to edit something?:confused:

What Destiny is saying is if you want to make another comment on something and nobody has posted after you last post you can use the 'edit' button at the bottom of your post. You have 24 hours in which you can edit a post you've made. This avoids double posting. I hope this helps you :)

Basically what Destiny is saying is that if you post something and then post again a few minutes later, it's considered double posting. If you forgot to write something and want to add it, you hit the edit button...you have 24 hours. That is unless someone else posted in between your own. If that's the case, then you can just reply. I fell victim to that several times when I was new here so you aren't the first nor will you be the last...but don't worry about it. :)

Oh, okay.... sorry - I was just trying to get up to my 50 posts so I could get an avatar. Normally, I don't do that though (I post on many other forums).

Oh, okay.... sorry - I was just trying to get up to my 50 posts so I could get an avatar. Normally, I don't do that though (I post on many other forums).

You will fine this forum is a little different than some other forums. You will get to your 50 posts quickly. Never fear that.

First as you were told in the QSF forum "you need to be a member for two weeks and must have made 50" So even if you got fifty posts, if your not a member for two weeks as well you still couldn't use an avatar, your best bet would be to go slow, steady and normally and you will get both right about the same time. If you try to rush it that is spamming (and I am sure since you post on other forums you know what that is) and that can be a problem, so just go slow and don't worry about counts. Good way to remember it is its better to have quality over quanity, because when you have the first the second will follow before you know it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back