Welcome to the Forensic Science Thread!

I didn't mean to snap TBonz - just hated being away from it. I get your point, we will move NWO to misc and focus on forensic science stuff here, but for the love of God people stop with the "Forensic Game" stuff. LEt's discuss science.
TBonz best of luck to you. Hurricane season sucks, I hope you're safe from the storm.

Actually, a forensic science game is legitimate for this forum. It's related to the subject of the forum. I don't mind one game, as long as the place isn't overrun.

I read every thread in here (even if I don't answer, my knowledge of Forensic Sci is rather lame. :D) and believe it or not, I've learned from that game thread. Pretty good for just a game.

P.S. The storm ended up being a wimp. Downside = all the work I did and the stress of waiting. Upside = clean house and no work to do today. :)

I thought the Forensic Science game was a really great idea. I've actually learned some things that I otherwise wouldn't known, so that was a great idea.

I've been thinking of some thread ideas to liven up this forum, but they're pretty much lame and not very interesting. :p (It would help if I knew anything about Forensic Science. :lol: ) I was thinking something along the lines of perhaps a 'featured' forensic gizmo of the week/day, and then a discussion of that piece of technology. It might seem like a bad idea (which it is) but you never know.

But anyway, I'm glad that storm fizzled out TBonz :D So now maybe you can spend some more time here and have some fun. ;) :p

VManso said:
For all those involved with GSR and such, there is a site called Firearms ID.com

I know the webmaster of that site. He has an excellent feature on firearmsid.com called the virtual comparison scope. It's an easy/fun way to see what firearms examiner's do.

Forensics_Guy said:
VManso said:
For all those involved with GSR and such, there is a site called Firearms ID.com

I know the webmaster of that site. He has an excellent feature on firearmsid.com called the virtual comparison scope. It's an easy/fun way to see what firearms examiner's do.

I have a friend whose a criminalist with the Alleghany County, Pennsylvania Crime Lab. His specialty is ballistics.

^
"Allegheny" says this Pittsburgh native.

Pretty cool though. I envy your friend living there. I miss it.

Hey, what happened to this thread? I t used to be a whole lot larger. There was even a Forensic Game of sorts. Wha happened???

Hi. I am Matt Newman and I am a screenwriter and doing a story which deals with crime scene investigation equipment. I am trying to look up information on the equipment and would like to know what they are and how they are used. I would like to ask if you can give me a list as of what they use at the crime scene and in the lab. Thank you.

Hi! :p
Im Amber and I'm from the UK. I love science and hope to be a forensic scientist in America! :)

Howz everybody?

Re: Welcome to the Forensic Science Forum

Welcome Amber, the FS forum is pretty quiet. I'm one of the few people consistently here. Hopefully you'll help this forum with your knowlidge of forensics.

Re: Welcome to the Forensic Science Forum

Hi again, I know this topic has been talked about, cut into pieces, and inspected on every side, but light be worthwhile trying again...when ne says "I like forensics", what type. i for myself am interested in ballistics, about about you, and why?

Back