Welcome to General TV & Media!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, Mar 10, 2005.

1. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

One of my favorites is NCIS. I like Abby . I think she's boss!

2. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Oh, and did I forget to mention The Amazing Race??

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

VManso, I'll forgive you for liking a reality show because The Amazing Race is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. But you might not get away with another one.

Also, next time instead of double posting, you can add or change a recent post by hitting the Edit button.

4. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Dynamo1,
    In case you haven't noticed, I have edited my posts
    when I thought they needed them. As for my watching reality shows, The Amazing Race is the only one I really like. I've seen others in the past but all others pale in comparison.

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

VManso, I think Dynamo meant that you can reply to posts in same post and not to post a new post for every reply.

6. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Dynamo,
    You forget that there is a time limit in which one can edit a post. After that , you're stuck.

7. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Look,
    Writing about The Amazing Race afterwards was an oversight. Won't happen again.

8. Dynamo1

I did not forget. Your two posts that I referred to on 11/11/05 were at 7:20 pm and 7:22 pm (Eastern time). The second post could have been edited into the first message instead of inflating your post count. In fact, you just did it again by posting back-to-back messages five minutes apart.

9. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Yes, Dynamo1 is correct, it was still possible to edit your posts when you made both of the second posts. It's called spamming. please desist or you will recieve a warning.

10. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Cat,
    According your rules, a person has to edit his/her post the very same day that it's posted or he/she cannot do it at all. Unfortunately, the human condition can not be regimented! People's memories aren't what you think they are! Even Grissom's memory isn't the best. You have to let up on the restrictions! Allow people to post what they forgot the first time round.It's no crime;it's just being human!

11. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Dynamo1,
    Why don't you want me to raise my post count and change my position?

12. Dynamo1

I am not stopping you from raising your post count. I am asking you not to double post when it can be combined into one. Otherwise, it can be considered spamming, which the board does not allow.

As for editing, it is not Cat's rules. The software is set up so that you can edit within a certain time frame. It used to be within six hours from the time of the post. But there have been some times when I tried to edit in less than six hours and it would not allow it.

For more discussion about the board operations, maybe we can continue this in the QSF (Questions, Suggestions, and Feedback Forum). One of the administrators can clarify the software settings for editing.

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yes, thanks, Dynamo. That's correct.

It's perfectly fine in this case, since new posters aren't necessarily familiar with all the nooks and crannies of the rules and regs. No problemo, really. :)

But if you do have any more questions, Dynamo's suggestion of the QSF forum is a good one, or feel free to contact one of the Moderators for the board (that includes me, of course). Hopefully if anything's unclear, we'll be able to help out. :)

Now, back to welcoming everyone to Gen TV and Media... so, Welcome! :D

14. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

Hey, every csis...another footprint in a new room...

15. Guest

Guest Guest