Welcome And Goodbye, All Crazy Artists!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cinegirl, Aug 11, 2007.

1. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

Hello! :D

I'm Paula but the wonderful people who knows me here in the site just call me Pau because it's shorter. ;) I'm 15 and I live in a country called Philippines. I learned about making graphics from my classmate and I didn't even have a PS. But I finally got my own PS CS2 last May. I was really confuse at first then I become really hooked. :)

I only make wallpapers and I also eneter in the Wallpaper Challenges. I just started to make icons -- yesterday! I still haven't tried to do banners. I can't say I'm very good. I still have to learn a lot of things. :)

And all the artists here are very good. :D

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Crazy Artists? Sounds just like me!

Hi all! I'm Megan (or Meg). I'm 21... and I really have no idea how long I've been doing fanart :lol: I just love working in photoshop, and trying to improve.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Hi all, I am 45 and been married 20 yrs. No children but I have a cat. I am obsessed with Eric Szmanda and love CSI and CSI:NY (I hate CSI:MIami though) I love to make icons and photo manips. I am from Pennsylvania but I currently live in Nebraska.

4. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

I suppose I'm crazy to some degree...

I'm Chloe. I'm Canadian (and usually tired), 16 years old (17 in less than three weeks! :D), single (and hating it!), Christian and too tall for my own good. I really enjoy making CSI and Harry Potter fan art. My first program was really retarded - to all those who issue "No Layers Allowed" challenges (myself included), it's not as hard as it sounds. ;)

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

A welcome to all of the other crazy artists around here.

I'm KayLyne, a 30-something radio DJ/announcer from Minnesota. I occasionally get the urge to make fan art - mostly stuff involving Marg or Jorja, but every now & then I'll do some other stuff. The PhotoImpression program I have is a bit limiting for the artwork, but I'm continually trying to find new ways to come up with something different.

6. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Heya, I'm back! A bit earlier than I thought, but I just received good news (for me they are very good :D ), so I'm happy and back for good

Oh, @Ann: :lol: no worries, I'm pretty clingy and it needs a lot to get rid of me :p

7. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Heya everybody. This is Dee, finally back on track after an awful long summer of awful lots of work. :)
    Anyways... I am 28 and doing Photoshop for about 4 years now and that just happened by chance. I wanted to bring my bff and her fav celeb "together" and to make it happen, I was kinda "forced" to get to know a graphic design prog. I started out with PSP and changed quite quickly to PS7, now working with CS2 (and loving it). Now, besides photography, it is my biggest hobby and sometimes I even can use it at work (which unfortunately makes me having 2 job at a time... should keep my mouth shut next time I pick a new job...! ;) )

I am totally into CSI NY and my fav ship Mac and Stella, however I like watching LV (and especially Nick!!!!), just Miami doesn't do it for me.

I am really thrilled about having all these great artists and their spirit around here in this forum and I truly enjoy all the art you guys creating! Awesome stuff everybody! :)

8. vampireD4

vampireD4 Prime Suspect

hello hello :D :D
    I'm vampireD4 from Taiwan
    you guys can call me Debbie :D
    I had left for a long period
    but now I'm back
    I love art and usually making some icons and banners
    (and usually CSI:NY's icons :D I love Flack :D :D)
    I also love taking some photos, doing some designs
    and interesting on advertisement(ex:some postcard foradvertisement or business cards), stamps collection.

btw,I'm addicted to make pen pal,especially by tradition mail :p :p

queer me,uh?! :devil: :devil:

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Another Taiwanese here. :D *waves at Debbie*

I'm Erica from Taiwan, I'm in my late twenties and have been making fanart since around 2001 when I started building my first fansite (for Julianne Moore). I started with PhotoImpact and switched to Photoshop not long after. The first version of Photoshop I used was 5.0. Yeah, I'm that old. :lol:

I'm not a fanart freak, but I do make stuff occasionally. As some of you can tell, I'm a huge Marg fan (have been following her since 1990) so most of my work is about her. I have my own art jorunal at LJ here, and I run a few LJ communities and websites, too. Apart from fanart, I also enjoy making screen captures and fan videos in my free time, or when I'm bored with work. :D

10. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Hey, my name real name is Jolanda, but I go by the name Jools. I'm 40 and from the Netherlands. My username is a tribute to the late Ayrton Senna, since me and my hubby are absolute Formula1-fans. We even called our dog Senna. I'm totaly crazy about art, especially litho's. Photoshopping is for me a great way to relax, now I just have to figure out how to make animated avatars. So PM me for tips.

11. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Hi Jodie here. I'm from the south but I live in NY atm.

I am here to admit I am a complete cyber-doofus and wouldn't know where to start making all the fanart you guys can do. But I also think they are amazing and would love to try...
    So does anyone have any websites they can point me to that could help me, or any advice for a frist timer?? Thank yooo

Oh and I am a BIG E/C fan ;) Huphugger love to all yall haha
    xxxx

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Hello and Welcome, Jodie! I'd suggest checking out the FanArt Forum Guide It's full of useful tips and tutorials etc.

13. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

OOOOOH Thank you! I will fully tkae advantage of your experteise!
    Kisses xx

14. Celefinwe

Celefinwe Pathologist

Hey all! :D I haven't been on the board for some time now, so I thought I'd reintroduce myself... in case everybody just forgot about me :lol: ;)

I'm Shareen, 27, from Malaysia. I just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 3 months ago and was horribly sick for the most part of my pregnancy, which is my official excuse for not showing up here often enough :lol: I started with Paintshop back in 2000(?) and moved to Photoshop since. I'm still using Photoshop 7.0 * gasp * for my artwork. It's been a while since I published anything but I will soon! Erm, as soon as my baby starts sleeping through the night that is :D

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Welcome back Celefinwe. And congratulations on the birth of your daughter! :D