Watching the 3 CSI series free online, LEGALLY

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Dynamo1, Aug 16, 2006.

1. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Cooooool :cool:

I don't think you can save them, though.

2. athens

athens Coroner

wait and see...I agree that is good for us outside the us and canada because we are back a couple of months...!...if it works it would be perfect!thanks for the link.. :D

edit: I visited the site and the only thing I got was some videos..3 minutes and other less.. :confused:...the one I saw was something like a mix of the episodes and the characters-at least of NY- about 30 seconds..

3. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

If it's anything like ABC did with their series, then you won't be able to save them to your computer, but you could watch them as much as you wanted while they were available, and once you were past the commercials, rewind and fast forward as you liked. It's a tremendous thing that CBS is doing here, since they could potentially broaden the audience for their shows - and I will no longer need to choose between Project Runway and New York!

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i tried to look at last nights ncis to see how it worked, and it told me it was not available outside the usa :( i dont know what their reasoning behind restricting it is, seems unfair to me. oh well, better luck next time for the rest of us i guess

5. athens

athens Coroner

^that is the reason??ooh..I've been trying to watch CSINY's premiere for almost an hour and the only thing I see is advertisment :( :( :mad:!.....whyyyyyyy?

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Do you have dial-up or high-speed internet service? If you have dial-up, forget it. It would take very long to load the file to your computer.

7. hitchhiker42

hitchhiker42 Prime Suspect

it's a legal thing.. tv stations need to get a special license to air shows outside their country online. although in the past people with the know-how have managed to get by it...

i have neither the knowledge or a real player... *cries*

8. Danique

Danique Rookie

Well..one problem..If you're outside the US you can't see them..I found out when I tried to watch CSI:Miami :(

9. Lauw

Lauw Police Officer

Check out my post (link removed by moderator). I've tried to explain it how you can watch it when you're outside the US

Edited by Faylinn to remove link. Please do not discuss ways to get around US-only restrictions. See my post below for information.

10. MrsGregHSanders

MrsGregHSanders Police Officer

I have taken full advatage of the new CBS.com. all weekend I was watching CSI!!!!

11. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

ah! you GENIUS! Thank you thank you. The 'rest' of the northern hemisphere (ie non-USA countries) aren't the only ones who are deprived of innertube/itunes USA/Amazon unboxed. Can't get it in Australia either, obviously.

And to think ... I'd payed a friend through paypal to buy a season ticket at itunes. She dedicatedly downloads the eps for me, then transfers them to me through mIRC. All legal. I PAID for them.

I will try this option. Ta!! :)

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Sorry, but that is NOT legal. Your friend broke copyright laws by transferring it to you. Paying for it makes you an accessory. It is similar to buying bootleg DVDs or videotapes. That is why this message board frowns about mentioning the exchange of copies of television shows and movies.

13. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Well this IP Proxy thing ain't workin for me I've tried a million different address and they are not workin

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Guys, please only discuss watching the episodes on Innertube as it is available on the site. I'm in the process of figuring out just what can and cannot be discussed regarding online viewing, so in the meantime I don't want to see anymore discussion of proxies or any other way to get around the site restrictions.

Thanks.

Edit

I've asked about this, and this is how things are going to be from now on:

-You can discuss watching new episodes online from two sources: Innertube and iTunes. Any other sources cannot be discussed on TalkCSI because these are the only two legal options (that I know of at this time).

-Since the episodes are only offered in the US, please do not discuss ways to get around the rule and watch them outside the US.

-Discussion of MIRC, BitTorrent, etc. is strictly not allowed. Getting episodes from these sources is illegal, regardless of what they might claim.

So, please keep these rules in mind when discussing online viewing. You can discuss watching an episode on Innertube or iTunes, but please don't tell each other how to get around restrictions or get the episodes from other sources.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

15. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

I'm sorry. It was an honest mistake. I thought it was legal ... now I know better.