Walter/Ryan - Nerd clubs and sweater vests and bears, oh my!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, May 26, 2010.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Ok, please tell me I'm not the only person who ships these two. :lol: They are awesome, and I love their banter. Walter/Ryan/Jesse was pretty slashy in any combination toward the beginning of the season, but now I'm all about Walter and Ryan. I mean seriously, could they be more adorkable?

I come bearing GIFs. I'll link to them since they're kind of big (~2-5MB each) and I have several:

Don't sneak up on Walter like that, Ryan. :p (I wanted to make one of the bear attack scene, but it keeps giving me trouble. I've had to shut the program down twice because it stopped working. I am determined to make a GIF of it eventually! *shakes fist*)

Maybe you should go take a look together. :adore:

Sad Walter is sad. :(

Don't tease Walter, Ryan - he'll whoop you and you know it. :devil:

So, how many of you guys are with me on this? I mean seriously, could they be any cuter together? :luvlove:

[​IMG]

(BTW, the 'sweater vest' thing in the title refers to the scene from "In Plane Sight" when Ryan is wearing a sweater vest - obviously - and there are a few jokes made about it. I've been rewatching some earlier episodes the past few days, so it was fresh in my mind.)

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

You are not alone! I totally see the love between them. I love how Ryan gets snippy and diva-ish on Walter and Walter is all like, "Not having it!" So cute! Especially the smiles they share after being snippy with each other. Totally true love. :adore:

Also, Walter has to have at least a foot on Ryan, which is pretty cute, too.

3. Faylinn

I am not alooooone, you are here with meeee...

:lol: Just kidding. There has to be more than two of us! :eek:

I love the fact that Walter doesn't take crap from anyone, period (I think Walter is my favorite) - and the way he just shuts Ryan down when he tries to act like a princess is hilarious. "Maybe you should go take a look."/"Maybe we should go take a look."/"Maybe we should." Love it! :lol:

It's all good-natured ribbing, which is great.

Right now, I'm kind of in love with the idea of them having this epic bromance with a few hints of flirting thrown in. Very 'No, I'm not cuddling with you, Walter, you're just taking up half the couch. Where else am I supposed to sit but right next to you?' or Walter inviting Ryan over to play Guitar Hero (and he'd say no but show up anyway when he finds out Walter's going to hang out with someone else - mmm, just a hint of jealousy, mama likey).

Why must they be so cute? :adore:

4. slower

slower Lab Technician

:wtf: Friends yes!! More than that yukkkkkkkk!!! You just spoiled my image of Walter; now I want him gone.

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

slower, this thread was created for posters who ship Walter/Ryan as a place for them to talk about their pairing. If you do not like them then I suggest you stay out of this thread or keep your nasty remarks to yourself. You can explain that you do not like them in a more constructive way.

thanks.

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I love the title to this thread!
    Im not sure about the idea of a romance, but 'epic bromance' with flirty banter sounds good. I love them as friends, they do have great chemistry, and they do have an adorkable cuteness together. Im not that into Walter, but I do think his scenes with Ryan are great, they have a great rapport which I would like to see developed.
    If there were anything more between them Ryan would have to acquire a kick-stool or something!

7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Yup, I completely agree here!

Walter and Ryan's relationship reminds me of the one Speedle and Delko had in the early seasons of the show. In some ways, it's different, because Speedle's humor tended to be a bit drier than either Walter or Ryan, but at the same time, they are great fun to watch on screen, and have some excellent quips to throw at each other.

I think Walter was a great addition to the cast. I'm usually wary of new people, but it didn't take me long at all to warm up to him. Jesse, on the other hand, took me much longer (although now that they've toned him down quite a bit, it's easier to appreciate his presence).

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

That was just my opinion and really had no intention of starting an argument with anyone. You want more constructive criticism. OK I don't see a pairing such as this. I loved the friendship between Ryan and Walter and didn't for one second believe it to be anything more. I liked that tptb gave Ryan a friend, b/c he was on the outside with people and deserved to be treated better. Honestly guys; I want to see Ryan in a romance; with a woman. Enjoy your discussion I won't come back. I've said what I'm going to.:)

kinkapoodles there is a nicer way of telling someone they have offended you than "keep your nasty remarks to yourself" Whene I said what I said earlier it was just a gut instict, b/c I love both Ryan and Walter. I just don't want it to become an askewed idea of their relationship.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I understand that this is your opinion of this pairing but, please you wouldn't like it if someone said that to YOU directly, would you? Although the person is a moderator in this forum it still hurts and is still uncalled for.

Might I suggest, that you take your thoughts to the Miami Debate thread tacked to the top of the forum. For this thread is for Walter and Ryan.

And in the future, I know it's hard to get, or not to get, the emotion behind the words when things are written on line (trust me, I know ;) ) just step back and take a moment to really think about what you type. That comment isn't just directed at you, it goes for everyone else as well.

Okay then, so now back to Walter and Ryan. :D

10. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I had the same thought. Then again, I also ship Speed/Delko.

I didn't watch CSI: Miami at all this season (partly because I didn't have time, and partly because I just got sick of it). Now that I have more time on my hands, I started watching from the beginning of the season. It didn't take me long to remember why I stopped watching, but I definitely love the Ryan/Walter bits.

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

finally Ryan gets fun.
    although i haven't seen all season 8 but my imagination is big enough so i can all make out from reading reviews and watching pics.
    anyways all i can say i love them, but Ryan the most :D

12. Faylinn

I like it as a beginning-stages sort of thing. The epic bromance works for now, but I like thinking about it in a future sense, too. At the moment they're sort of prickly and snarky, but there's a genuine affection there that I like. And if hanging out and being awesome friends leads to becoming accidental nap buddies and unexpected, inexplicable jealousy (especially on Ryan's end) over the other person hanging out with someone else and-and-and...yeah, it's totally leading to true love. :lol:

They're so cute. [​IMG]

And oh, how he would whine, and Walter would tease him, and Ryan would scowl, and Walter would think it was cute... :lol:

I love Walter. He's funny and provides comic relief, but at the same time he doesn't take crap from anybody (whether it's Horatio's kid or a coworker or a superior or anybody else). He's an interesting character, and I'm looking forward to finding out more about him. Omar was a great addition to the show.

Miami isn't my favorite show in the franchise, but their scenes make up for it. :lol:

It's funny - I've never been a huge Ryan fan (not that I hated him, I was just more indifferent to him), but I loved Walter almost immediately. Their banter really made me like Ryan more. ^_^

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

well i immediately fell for Ryan when i saw him first.
    but he was always more like outsider and that wasn't quite right but now i'm glad he finally has found friends who enjoys him.
    and that's why i'm dying to see last season.
    i even started to write fanfic :)

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Oh, I can so see Walter buying Ryan a stool to stand on so they're closer together in height. Ryan would pout and be pissy, and then Walter would pick him up and put him on the stool and they'd be face-to-face... almost. :lol: Didn't Walter make a joke about Ryan being a shorty or something like that a while back?

15. Faylinn

Hee, yes. There have probably been at least a few jabs at his height, but the one that immediately comes to mind is at the end of "In Plane Sight" (although he's talking to Ryan and Jesse). The three of them are walking together, Jesse pokes fun at Walter's expression when they made him process the toilet on the plane, and Walter responded:

Walter: Yeah, laugh it up, shorty. Just don't come crying to me when you need to get a beaker off the high shelf.
    Ryan: You know that beer I said I was gonna buy you earlier? Not buying it. Nope, not gonna happen.

:p Oh Ryan, so sensitive about your height. Don't worry, Walter will make sure you don't feel inadequate. :lol:

Making GIFs of these two is far too fun. :lol: I made a longer version of this scene (from "Bone Voyage") where Walter finds the "skull fragment" that turns out to be a turtle shell, and Ryan gets snarky with him - but it was too big to upload on ImageShack, so I only uploaded the shorter version. I love the facial expressions! :lol:

Go back to your quadrant! (~2 MB)

I've been re-watching the earlier episodes, as I said before. I'm on "Point of Impact" right now - I love the scene where Ryan and Walter are trying to figure out what happened during the crash.

Ryan: You want me to tell you what happened, Walter?
    Walter: Yeah.
    Ryan: Victor Emparo came out of the stop sign too fast into oncoming traffic. End of case. Let's go eat.
    Walter: Yeah, case isn't closed until we've got some solid physical evidence, my friend.
    Ryan: I'm hungry.

:lol: Oh, Ryan. (~1 MB) :adore:

LOL, and then Ryan got under the semi truck to check the tire marks on the road, and Walter was like, "How in the hell did you fit under there?" :lol: It's because he's so wee, Walter. :p

OMG FISTBUMP! I love it! (~0.5 MB)

Hee, this episode is ridiculously slashy.

Ryan: You know, a nice young man was promoted from the night shift, and now he thinks he's god's gift to forensics. Shame to see.

XD No, Ryan, he's just a gift to you. Well, and to us too. ;)

(Wow, I had this tab open for hours before I actually got this post finished and submitted. I kept getting distracted - and stopping to make GIFs didn't help. :lol:)