Wallpaper Challenge #11.5: ~ "Reruns" - Winners Up!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dragonfly, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Okay, now, I know what you’re thinking... Another challenge. And, well, you’re right. Only, this one is for Wallpapers, as you’ve probably already guessed. Mostly, that means you just have more space to work with. Time to get creative, people! Not that you aren’t already :p

So here’s the general rules:

1) Because Wallpapers are so much bigger than icons, and because there are so many (wonderful) challenges floating around, I’ve decided to give you two weeks instead of one to enter. The deadline for this challenge will be Tuesday December 5th. If you think that this might be *too much* time, please tell me so, and I can shorten it.

2) You may enter up to 3 wallpapers. I’m not sure what the turnout for this challenge will be, so for now I’d rather have too many than too few.

3) Please PM your entries to me. Do not post them here, as this is an anonymous contest. I will PM you back when I get them.

4) I have not set a size restriction at this point. I’m hoping that I won’t have to. Use your best judgment. Remember that some people have slower computers, and some people REALLY DON’T LIKE IT when you stretch their screens :rolleyes:

5) All three shows are acceptable. You can even throw them all into one, if you like (The exception to this rule will be IF I set a theme such as a specific character/actor or Ship)

6) Banners -- I am perfectly willing to make them for the winners. However, it is only fair to warn you that I’m not that great. I’ll do my best, though :)

Getting sick of these rules yet? I’m almost done.

7) Anyone may enter. Any one at all. Yes, that means you, lurker who has nevere made a wallpaper before. Come on, you know you want to. We don't bite... much.
    If you need it, there are icon tutorials available in the Fan Art forum. You just need to remember to think on a bigger scale ;)

Okay. I think that’s it for rules. Thank goodness.

Now, onto the good part, the theme for Wallpaper Challenge #1 is... Teamwork
    I thought I’d go for something basic the first time around. I’m looking for pictures of the teams together. In this case, promotional pics are acceptable, but screen shots are good too.

Don’t forget to enter... don’t leave me hanging here. Have fun, and good luck.

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Re: Wallpaper Challenge

Wow, how did you know I was here? :lol:

I've never tried making one, but if you can keep the deadline long then I might be able to have a go. Nice thinking Dragonfly ;)

3. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I'm in. Making wallpapers is really my thing. Finally a wallpaper challenge! I'm really excited about it :D . Good luck to all the other wallpaper makers!!!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

making wallpapers is not MY thing. Not because i don't like to... more of i don't know how to.

Bummer!

but i do like to get wallpapers that other people make... i have such a beautiful Keira Knightley and a few CSI Miami WPs :lol:

5. Chez

Chez CSI Level One

I´m photoshop addicted so i´m in :D

Did i understand it right - the size doesn´t matter ? Cuz usually i make 1280x800 wp´s for my own screen while most people seem to have a resolution of 1074x768

6. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I'd like to have a go. My wps are not so advanced as many other people's but I enjoy it.

Is it OK to use textures and things from other people?

7. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I don't ahve great image editing software. Just some free junk called'GIMP'. I was ready to throw something at my computer screen when I realised it would take me an hour to just get a yellow background....But I found a way around it, so I'm in.

Good Luck to everyone and I think you should keep the time restraint as it is because I have exams now... *kicks table* and am supposed to be 'studying'. (ahem, right....)

8. Dragonfly

Hmm... That... is a very good question. And I'm not sure how to answer it. Give me some time to think on that one. I'll get back to you on it :)

Glad to see I've got some interest here :D

9. Chez

Chez CSI Level One

If you decide not to let us use textures i´ll have to cancel my participation. I´m not a fan of plain backgrounds with just a photo on it. I use textures and brushes all the time.

10. Dragonfly

Actually, I was just thinking that I would allow the textures. Don't you dare cancel on me :p Actually, I pretty much decided that right after my last post, but thought I'd think about it a bit anyway.
    So, yes, you may use pre-made textures :)

ETA:
    Well, it seems that MissRoosFox and I are on the same wavelength here. We both asked Cofi_Shot about starting up a wallpaper challenge at the same time :lol: So, Roos and I will be working together. And, she has been kind enough to agree to make the banners for the winners, which I am extremely greatful for :)

11. Chez

Chez CSI Level One

ok ok :D
    I just started to look for some nice pics

12. t0g0SzMaNdAL0vEr

t0g0SzMaNdAL0vEr Rookie

Yaaaaaaaaayyy Wallpaper challenge! :D I'm in! I'll make some nice ones soon and I'll send them asap!! I'm so excited! :lol:

13. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Thank goodness for that! I don't think I've got the software to make them myself. Or if I have I haven't found it yet. :D

14. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

I'm new to this, but I'll give it a try.

15. Dragonfly

okay, people, you've got one week to get your entries in!
    Thanks to those who have already done so, but I need more!!
    *starts bribing people with cookies*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.