Veasey Dishes On Stella And Adam's Relationship

Adam probably didn't want to bring her back to his place - based on what Flack said to Hawkes in the episode with Katharine McPhee, Adam's place is a pigsty. :lol: And it would be consistent with what Stella said about how she didn't bring people back to her place. (Didn't she say that after the fiasco with Frankie? I may be remembering wrong.) So the hotel thing kind of fits...although it's another case of 'I wish they'd addressed the situation a little bit more.' Were they out at a bar? Did they have an actual date? Did they just head home together after work (maybe after working a case together)?

THEY HAVE LEFT ME WITH SO MANY QUESTIONS! *flail* :lol:

I KNOW!!!!!:guffaw:

But I think we are looking at this wrong. I don't think it was ever meant to be a long term thing or even a short term thing. I think they meant it to be a springboard for a new direction for Stella emotionally but they haven't given us anything else to land on. I feel like the cartoon character that walks off the cliff by mistake and then stands there in thin air slowly realizing that there's nothing beneath my feet! Nothing else in Stella's behavior this season (so far) has given any indication that she is what they say she now is...more in-the-moment and spontaneous. I say bring it on or it's going to be another FAIL!

But I think we are looking at this wrong. I don't think it was ever meant to be a long term thing or even a short term thing. I think they meant it to be a springboard for a new direction for Stella emotionally but they haven't given us anything else to land on.
Yeah, but how else are you supposed to look at a hook-up between two series regulars, you know? Even if we're looking at it wrong, I think we're looking at it from the most logical perspective. :p

The default assumption is to think it's the starting point of something - not a one-time thing that won't lead anywhere. As you said, we haven't seen anything else to indicate what Pam said about Stella, so until they show something to indicate Stella's newfound spontaneity, it just seems like an odd way to start that type of storyline. (Adam's a more minor character, but he's still an established series regular - he shouldn't just be used as a convenient plot device because he's the best fit among the existing characters to further the storyline, you know? YMMV, of course.)

Call me crazy, but I'm still hoping they at least reference what happened at some point down the line. It may not lead anywhere for the two of them, but I hope there's at least some sort of follow through...

But I think we are looking at this wrong. I don't think it was ever meant to be a long term thing or even a short term thing. I think they meant it to be a springboard for a new direction for Stella emotionally but they haven't given us anything else to land on.
Yeah, but how else are you supposed to look at a hook-up between two series regulars, you know? Even if we're looking at it wrong, I think we're looking at it from the most logical perspective. :p

The default assumption is to think it's the starting point of something - not a one-time thing that won't lead anywhere. As you said, we haven't seen anything else to indicate what Pam said about Stella, so until they show something to indicate Stella's newfound spontaneity, it just seems like an odd way to start that type of storyline. (Adam's a more minor character, but he's still an established series regular - he shouldn't just be used as a convenient plot device because he's the best fit among the existing characters to further the storyline, you know? YMMV, of course.)

Call me crazy, but I'm still hoping they at least reference what happened at some point down the line. It may not lead anywhere for the two of them, but I hope there's at least some sort of follow through...

I know what you mean. It would be the default assumption because we don't see either of them as being one-night stand hookups. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Funny thing is, I think Adam has benefitted more from the hook-up than Stella has, character wise. He's more confident and bold. I would like to see the writers return to this later in the season but haven't made up my mind yet what I want to see. Part of me wants to see Adam pull Stella back from being too spontaneous and endangering herself somehow, which would be totally out of character for Stella but still...because we know he does care for her and has a very tender side. (I love Adam:adore:) I want them to tie it together somehow but keep it a secret between Adam and Stella. No need for anyone else to know...other than us the fans of course.

Back