Vanessa Ferlito Bites Into Big Apple 'CSI'

CSI Files

Captain
While Emmy Award-winner <font color=yellow>Gary Sinise</font> remains in discussions to star in CSI: New York, CBS recently announced the first actor to officially sign on to the project.

<font color=yellow>Vanessa Ferlito</font>, who has appeared in several episodes of 24 this season, has been cast in a "lead role", according to the Hollywood Reporter. The trade paper did not specify the name or position of the character, simply stating that Ferlito will play a "member of the show's forensic team". However, it is likely that Ferlito will be one of the two regular characters who are the focus of CSI: New York, with Gary Sinise in talks to play the male lead.

Ferlito is probably best known to regular TV viewers as Claudia, the wife of bad guy Hector Salazar, in 24's third season. She also has guest appearances in Third Watch, Law & Order and The Sopranos under her belt. But it is on the silver screen where Ferlito will next make her mark, with roles opposite <font color=yellow>Tommy Lee Jones</font> in Cheer Up and <font color=yellow>Tobey Maguire</font> in Spider-Man 2.

The New York Daily News recently named Ferlito one of the ten possible "next big things" for 2004. But she almost never broke into the business, after turning down an agent who wanted to represent her over the course of two years. The Italian actress told the newspaper she wants to be a versatile actress who can tackle anything that comes her way. "I admire Cate Blanchett, because she does so many different roles. Now people are starting to think outside the box with me."

The original story can be found here at Yahoo! News.<center></center>

I've never even heard of her before. I guess that could be a good thing or a bad thing. I guess 24 fans know who she is though. I never really could get into that show.

I don't like her, she looks like she's going to freak out when she sees a body.
"Omigod, I broke a nail, omigd like eww, a dead body! Like Gary, can you like take care of this?...Like..."

Plus she's in a movie that involves her being a cheerleader and Tommy Lee Jones...she's SOO not CSI material..but that's just MY opinion...

amanda :devil:

Posted by Shardyk:
I've never even heard of her before. I guess that could be a good thing or a bad thing. I guess 24 fans know who she is though. I never really could get into that show.

Yes... she plays a very good Mexican.

Yeah, she looks like she'll freak out, but when you see her in 24, she can kick ass.

--iMat

Back