Two Weeks, GSR (rated K)

Zan1781

Coroner
A/N: My mind is really unsettled right now, so I felt the need to write something. I don’t know if this will help me focus or not, but I figured that it was worth a try! This will be a twoshot. Thank you to those of you who stop on by to read it, and I hope you enjoy!

---------------

Disclaimer: I do not own any part of CSI or its characters. That honor goes to the good folks over at CBS.

Spoilers: Up through 7x13, Redrum.

Title: Two Weeks.

Summary: Sara and Grissom are miles apart. What toll is the distance taking on them? Sara’s innermost thoughts.

---------------

I’ll miss you. His parting words to me were that he’d miss me. No hug goodbye, which I can actually understand, no smile goodbye, which I can actually understand, and no other thoughtful words to keep me company by, which in a sense, I can actually understand. Grissom is a private man, and our life together is still a private matter.

But two weeks gone, and I still haven’t received a single phone call from him. No “Hello, Sara, how are you?” No “Hello, Sara, how are my arachnids?” No “Hello, Sara, how’s the weather?” No chance to ask him the same questions, no chance to find out how his seminar is going, and no chance just to talk. Nothing. No phone call, no text message, no e-mail, and no snail mail. Just… silence.

Silence.

Two weeks gone, and I am still just waiting.

I don’t want you to think that I am pining away for my significant other, who just happens to need some time away from his life in Las Vegas, because in all honesty, I am not. I can understand the need for space, because I myself am an extremely private person. But I miss him, you know what I mean? Grissom may not talk to me all that much about his feelings, and it may be difficult for him to share himself with me, but he does... and I share myself with him. I know that no matter what kind of a shift we are having in the present, and I know that no matter what kind of a shift we will have in the future, we still have each other to come home to. Except for now, that is. Now, we have no one. Now, we have nothing. No phone call, no text message, no e-mail, and no snail mail. Just… silence.

Silence.

And then you arrived. You, a tiny little innocent creature, protected by a cocoon. A pupa, in the chrysalis stage of development. You’re a moth, right? And not a butterfly? I can’t help but stare at you every single night and morning, wondering why Grissom sent you to me in the first place. Is he trying to tell me that even though he and I both have hard exteriors to protect us from the world, we will eventually be able to break free of our own isolationism? Is he trying to tell me that when he returns to Las Vegas, he and I will be able to start a new life together, much like you will, when you reach adulthood? Or is he simply trying to tell me that he’s thinking about me? And if he is thinking about me, then why not just pick up the phone, or e-mail me? Why not just try to contact me, rather than remaining silent? Then again, why haven’t I just picked up the phone, or e-mailed him? Why haven’t I just tried to contact him, rather than remaining silent?

Silence.

In two weeks, Grissom will be home again, and all of my questions will be answered. In two weeks, Grissom will be home again, and we will have the chance to talk about… us. In two weeks, Grissom will be home again, and we will both have a very important decision to make.

Two weeks… Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

---------------

TO BE CONTINUED

Wow, interesting perspective on the whole chrysalis gift and it's meaning and the way things will be when he returns. Waiting for the next installment...

Back