Trouble On Broadway (CSI: NY Fic)

Tristianna

Police Officer
Title: Trouble on Broadway
Author: Tristianna AKA Amber
Rating: T (Mild Swearing and violence)
A/N: This is a story that I have been working on with my OC, Sara, and Danny as a pairing. I started writing this at the beginning of the year, and I am still working on this. Comments and critique is awesome, and feeds my polt horsies. (Yes, an Ohioan has a plot horsie!) Well here you all are!

Chapter 1

I had just moved into downtown New York City with the intention of just living a normal life, yet that was not the case.

I had come home from a long day at work, which was being a dancer on Broadway. I walked right into a robbery in progress. The two men who were there were fiddling through my jewelry drawer. They were looking for a necklace that my mom had given me. When I had walked in, they turned to see that very necklace on my neck and ran for me. Shots were fired and I was struck in my right side. I fell and they ran without what they came for.
----------
I had awoken a few hours later in the hospital. Of course, that was not how I intended my night to end up. I just wanted to go home and crawl into bed after a long shower. I pressed the button for the nurse to come. She came rather fast with two other men behind her. I asked the nurse what had happened to me.

“You were robbed and shot. You were in surgery to get the bullet out of your ribs on the right side. You were one lucky girl. You had turned to run, according to police. If you hadn’t turned like you did, you would have been dead.”

I just slapped my head with my left hand. This is the way to get to know people after only a week in New York Sara. Getting shot, yeah that is a nice way to get to know people. I scooted up on the bed to see who the men behind her were. They came in to the room and shut the door.

“If you came to rob me, I had my sister take that necklace to the safe deposit box at the bank in Florida.”

The men looked at each other. They then turned back to me.

“We didn’t come to rob you ma’am. I’m Danny Messer and this is Detective Don Flack from the New York police and crime lab. We are here to help you out.”

I just took another heavy sigh.

“I am so sorry. I have only been in New York for a week and already I am getting robbed. This is one way to spend your time in New York.”

Danny pulled up a stool. I knew he was only trying to make me feel a bit better than what I was.

“I could think of nicer ways to spend time in the city than here in the hospital.”

I just looked over at him.

“I’m a dancer on Broadway. I am in the current production of Cats, so this is the last place I want to be.”

“Ahem, pardon me boy and girl, but I have a case to solve. I can’t do it with you two sitting here making casual conversation.”

Detective Flack was right. I knew he was getting a bit impatient, so I just turned to him.

“I’ll give you what you need.”

“OK, what is your full name first of all? No one at the front gave it to us.”

“Sara Tomlinson.”

“All right, Miss Tomlinson, were you coming home when you saw your attackers?”

“I had just got home from a show. I heard ruffling in my apartment, but thought it was my cat, Fran, so I thought nothing of it. I unlocked the door and saw them. They were in my bedroom and they were shuffling through my drawers in my jewelry boxes. They wanted my mom’s necklace.”

“Necklace, the one you had mentioned?”

“Yes, it was my best friend's necklace.”

“Why didn’t they take anything else?”

“That is what I have been asking. I have diamonds and amethysts sitting in those boxes. They had to be after that one because it had turquoise. They were Hispanic, and turquoise is a rarity in Cuba and Mexico, so they might have been after it for that.”

“They may have been after it cause it is worth over half a million dollars.”

My sister Andréa was at the door. She came in and sat down across the room.

“That is my sister Andréa. I had her send it down to Miami and place it in her safe deposit box.”

Danny looked over at her and then back at me. He had to do a quick double take.

“Your twins aren’t you?”

“Yeah we are. She is the younger one by eight minutes. I am the older one and we are all each other have, so that is my next of kin.”

Flack had motioned for Danny to head out of the room.

“Thank you Miss Tomlinson, we will be contacting you if there is anything else we need.”

“Not a problem, I gave the number to the hospital, so get it from the front desk and tell them they will have to answer to me if they do not give you any information.”

Danny got up and then pulled out his wallet. He got a small card and then wrote on the back of it with a pen that was on my table at my side.

“If you need anything, call me, my home number is on the back of this card. My work number is on the front as well as my cell phone number.”

I just smiled and said thanks. I then went back to sleep for a little bit.

MacsGirlMel said:
Miami...will they come in on the case too?

Nice start, please post again soon :)

A LOT later in the story. Thanks hun. I should have the second part up tomorrow sometime.

AN: Ok, here we are, the second scene. I loved writing this story. Hope everyone can read it and enjoy!

Chapter 2

The next few days were full of rehab and moping in the hospital. It was a week later when I was released. I had walked into my sister’s apartment to find a room all set up for me. Andréa was the type of person to do that for anyone, especially family. She helped me by getting my stuff into my room. I thanked her and then grabbed my cell phone and the card that Danny had given me. I flipped it over to his home phone number and then thought about it for a few minutes. I then called his home phone number.

“You have reached the machine of Danny. Please leave a name and number and I will get back with you as soon as I get off work. See you when I see you.”

*BEEP*

“Hey, it’s Sara Tomlinson. I just wanted to let you know that I was out of the hospital and at my sister’s house in the Bronx. Call me at 988-551-4121 if you have any other question for me. Bye.”

I hung up the phone and just sat there for a little while. My sister had three birds and a dog, Taylor. That Golden Lab loved me to death. The dog was at the door just sitting there with its long tongue hanging out of its mouth.

“Come here Taylor. I know you missed me.”

The dog hopped up on the bed and lay across my lap. My cell phone was right next to my hand, so I was happy in case anyone called, like my doctor. I just petted his head and his body. He was my friend in a tight spot.

“Taylor, its lunch time!”

That was Andréa calling Taylor to lunch. Taylor hopped off my lap and as the dog made its way down the steps, my cell phone rang. It was a foreign number, so I did what I naturally did when a number like that popped up on my phone.

“Hello, this is Sara Tomlinson, how may I help you?

“This is Danny Messer returning your call.”

I just smiled for I was happy he called me back. He seemed to be in a quiet spot, so it seemed like a perfect time to call. It was night, so I had assumed he was at his house.

“Sara, are you just going to sit there or are you just happy to hear me?”

I hadn’t realized I was quiet.

“Oh, I am sorry. I just wanted to check on the case and see how it was going.”

“It is case closed. Evidence and fingerprints led to the gun belonging to the father of one of the boys who shot you.”

“Boys?” My ears couldn’t believe it at all.

“The three were teenagers, not men. They all had things inside the shoes they were wearing to hike up the height a bit.”

“Well, that is…well….”

“You don’t have to say nothing Sara. The good part about it is that you are alive and that is what is important in all of this.”

“Your right, I should be grateful that I had turned to the right as I was getting the phone. I wouldn’t be alive if I hadn’t got nine one one on the phone like I did.”

“Yeah, we heard the tape from dispatch. You did the right thing. I am proud of you.”

I wanted to do something nice for him and his crew that had helped him out.

“Hey, how many are on your team?”

“Well there is me, Flack, Stella, Mac, Sheldon and Lindsay. That makes six. Why do you ask?”

“Well the doctor said I can go back to Broadway in two days, which is when the next show is. I will call my bookie and get you six tickets to the show. How is that?”

“Well, you don’t have to go out of your way Sara.”

“Come on, it’s the least I am able to do for someone who made me comfortable in the hospital and help get the people who went through my home. You and your team worked very hard and the least you can do is take about two hours to come and see me.”

Danny was silent, but I can tell by his breathing over the phone that he was smiling as I was talking.

“OK Sara, you have a deal. Can you come by tomorrow and drop them off?”

“Yeah, sure, where do you want me to drop them off at?

“The lab, I will give your sister directions on how to get there. Seeing as I live in the Bronx and all.”

“I have a much better plan, how about I meet you at your place and drop them off. She lives in the Bronx, so it will be much shorter than coming into town and all.”

“It’s a plan that sounds mighty good to me. How about tomorrow at eight?”

“Sure thing. I will see you then. Bye Sara.”

“Bye Danny.”

I got off the phone with him and called the bookie at the theatre to get me the tickets and to drop them off at my sister’s place. It was a good feeling that I had, but what was Danny planning?

oooh..I smell fluffies :) *giggle* I'm kinda a D/L person myself but will take any Danny I can get :D Continue soon!

Back