Transformers.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Comte, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Comte

Comte Police Officer

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Kudos to the VFX team for creating such eye-popping visuals and effects!!
    And Michael Bay definitely blew threw the roof with insane number of explosions!!!

Story-wise,it was adequate..Not stellar as i hoped...
    The true stars of the film are the robots themselves,IMHO...

I already watched it a few days ago,just got the time to post(i live in Singapore,fyi..we had the movie earlier)..

Anyway,that was my $0.02 on the film..
    You guys post your thoughts on the film..

2. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

I loved it :D

I was a casual fan of the cartoons back in the 80s when I was still a kid so it was a delight for me to see it on the big screen. I live in Manila so we had it on the 28th.

Optimus is *hawt* :lol: I'll be watching it again this weekend with my scholl mates. Hee.

3. angcatalonan

angcatalonan Dead on Arrival

Looooooooooved it!
    Rocked my world!

bumblebee is love!

4. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Please add more content to your posts. What did you like about the movie? How were the actors? That sort of thing. ;)

5. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

I can't wait to see it again. Good action and plot. I could have done with out the cursing and the conversation in Sam's bedroom though.

6. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I loved this so much!! I grew up watching the Transformers since my brother was a big fan, he even had the toys... :lol: The action was well balanced by the comedy!! I think my cousins and I were the only ones laughing so hard in the movie theatre.

And Josh Duhamel was soooooo HOT! :devil: I'm kinda jealous of Fergie right now actually!! :lol:

7. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

The conversation in the bedroom, but that was the best! Sam's happy time ;) Did anyone else notice that they didn't play the original transformers theme tune throughout the whole film? (or did they and I just didn't notice :D ) I'm fairly sure they didn't though, I was dissapointed at that. I've grown up watching transformers, the original cartoons are the best, and I remember my Optimus prime toy and my bumblebee toy too. Was awesome. ;)

8. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Just saw the film and it was awesome! The first time I saw Shia LaBeouf was in Charlie's Angels 2, I immediately liked him a lot but this is even beyond my expectations off him. He does an excellent job, so does the rest of the cast. I went to watch this movie without prior knowledge of the transformers, well I saw the toys when I was little but ... Anyhow truthfuly I didn't expect a lot from it, I heard it was good but you know cars turning into robots / robots turning into cars? Not really my scene but this movie proved me wrong, it was a joy to watch and I will certainly get it on DVD. There is however one thing that annoyed me, the last fight scene my god it was sooooooooooooo long. Yeah it was impressive but a lil bit too long. Half an hour *noooo* :lol:

9. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

It was a pretty good movie in all. Even though they changed what they did, mixing and matching some of the personalities of the autobots was a little irritating, but I suppose they could only cram SO many characters into a single film before it becomes bogged down, so I can live with that for at least sticking with original names and things.

One thing that thoroughly irritated me though was the leading female roles. The first time I saw this movie, my friend and I walked out realizing we couldn't even recall the names of the female leads. They were just THAT important to the plot.... On top of that I had trouble buying the blonde Australian supermodel as a computer geek, but I guess If I can accept Jennifer Angell as a New York cop, I shouldn't complain about it. XD

The leading lady was also kind of laughably played by Megan Fox.. but it's hard to tell if that's her fault or the dialogue writers.

(P.S. the girls names are Mikaela Banes and Maggie Madsen if you're wondering)

I guess Mr Bay did something right though if after ALL of that, I can still say I love this movie and will totally add it to my collection. ^_^

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute