Too many 11PM to midnight episodes!

Discussion in 'CSI: Cyber' started by whennow, Nov 16, 2015.

1. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

Not a timeslot people want to watch!

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, it's frustrating. It's not helping the ratings, but I'm sure it is helping people give up on the show. Those of us who are going to watch it regardless aren't the issue, but it's hard to be a casual viewer with all of these delays and unpleasant air times...

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I honestly don't think it makes all that much of a difference. NBC's Sunday night football is going to always get most of the Sunday night ratings - it doesn't matter when on Sunday night Cyber (or "Quantico" for that matter) aires. And there is no way that CBS is going to cut off the ending of a football game - football brings in a lot more money than "CSI: Cyber" does. I think you should count yourself lucky that CBS is willing to / allowed to air Cyber at 10:55pm instead of cutting the episode order like they did with "CSI".

They're relying on the core audience to watch even at 11pm to midnight. In a way I think that even played a role in CBS cancelling "CSI" - they were hoping that after "Immortality" the "CSI" core audience would start watching "CSI: Cyber" as a substitute for "CSI". I think "CSI" shows are too much of a "either you watch it or you don't" type of show for the casual viewer.

4. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Plus there is the DVR factor. I think ratings any more look at both the overnight and the airing + before they really consider a final number.

Plus, for those of us on the West Coast, we see the show at it's proper timeslot, even though it airs late in the east. ;)

5. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

They should cut 60 minutes. Those stories can be aired during evening news. CBS this Morning. The show can be one segment! There's no reason to air 60 minutes at all.

6. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I think that CBS should look on DVR. From last night results Cyber had 0.7 (it was this ep after prime time) and thank DVR came into 1.4 and 8 milion viewers. But we can saying here and CBS will doing what they want.

7. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I must write - Cyber without prime get 1.0 and 5.75mln. Surprising.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

They can't air those stories during a regular news broadcast; there would be no time for regular "news"! :eek: The reports run a lot longer than a couple minutes (at least 10). 60 Minutes does pretty good in the ratings for CBS. They should air Cyber on Saturday nights, but sometimes a college football game airs on that night, too.

9. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

I'd be down with a Wednesday or Thursday night slot. Without my DVR reminding me, I would forget it some weeks.