To Spoil or not to Spoil?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by daisymay, Jul 9, 2011.

?

Do you like spoilers?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2011.
  1. Yes, I want to know everything I can look forward to.

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Don't mind either way.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No, keep me in suspense until transmission.

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I picked that it doesn't matter to me either way. I find that there's a negligible difference in my enjoyment of an episode whether I was given spoilers beforehand or not, but I can appreciate if some don't want to know any details.

That being said, I do like reading spoilers that go beyond the released synopses, as at times those synopses can be rather vague. I wouldn't exactly lose any sleep over it if the Spoiler Well ran dry (I did fine without anything before I joined TalkCSI and probably would again), but it's nice to have a little extra sometimes. Natural curiosity and all that. :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Leaning towards no. I just want the synopsis of an episode and not all that's going to happen. I refrain from reading reports with MAJOR spoilers. I just come to spoiler threads to know what the case of the week is and to react about it. Example I wasn't spoiled during NY's "Pay Up" finale. And wow, I was so shocked!!! :eek: Imagine that - my favorite character was killed!

In short, just a little bit of spoilers to make me excited.

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Kinda both. It gets me excited to read all the news and stuff, but at the same time, I don't want to ruin the whole episode for myself.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I love spoilers but there have been times when the episode didn't live up to the info we received.

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I don't mind spoilers, but sometimes they give too much info away. With the advent of the Internet, it seems like reporters think they have to tell you EVERYTHING, which is sometimes, very annoying for me. :rolleyes: Let me know about an actor who's joining the show, but don't tell me who's going to get killed off. That happened to me about one of the characters on Game of Thrones, and I've only seen 1 episode. Very disappointing. Found out totally by accident. You have to be very careful about what you click on to read. :(

6. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

...Ehh, I care about CSI spoilers as much as I care about video game spoilers...and by that, I don't care at all.

Doctor Who spoilers, on the other hand...

7. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Definitely to spoil! I am a spoiler nut and they are the only thing that makes the summer hiatus bearable!

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I prefer not to read the spoilers, and I dont read them for NY or Vegas. But, as Yoshi wrote before, Miami is on almost a year later over here in the UK, so I cant wait that long to find out whats happening!