Time Change in US March 11

allmaple said:
there must be a way to override or change it too, since there are areas that dont do time changes.
I'm glad you mentioned that. I have Windows 2000. If you double click on the time in the bottom right corner, it brings up a small window with a clock and calendar. Near the top of the window, click on the tab that says Time Zone. Below the world map, there is a small check box that says "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes." Uncheck that box and hit the Apply button. Your 'puter should not change on the wrong dates, now or in the fall. Keep it unchecked until Mr. Gates and company get off their butts and create a patch for older operating systems.

ooh thank you! that will make it much easier to not have to change the time back when the computer wants to do it itself :D

Bumping thread as a reminder that United States and Canada starts Daylight Saving Time tonight. (U.S. exceptions are listed in a previous post on this page.) Turn clocks FORWARD before going to sleep so that you are not late for church or any other appointments in the morning.

Yes, sir.. :D thank's but I think we all know by now, and I'm so glad tomorrow at this time it'll still be light ;) YIPEE..I probably won't do it till tomorrow, to much trouble doing it at 2 am!!!

Oh my God, I thought this was a new thread. And then I saw tuesdaymorning's name and knew it wasn't. :p (I know, I know...mean) :lol:

Thanks for the reminder. Damn sleep.

i actually didn't know until this past monday that they pushed DST up a month...that kinda throw me off

vegaslights said:
Oh my God, I thought this was a new thread. And then I saw tuesdaymorning's name and knew it wasn't. :p (I know, I know...mean) :lol:

Well Dynamo nicely thought that would be better to use old thread, no point to create new one ;)
See, there's a poster who doesn't create useless posts ;)

DaWacko said:
vegaslights said:

Well Dynamo nicely thought that would be better to use old thread, no point to create new one ;)

Less clutter in the forum. ;)

See, there's a poster who doesn't create useless posts ;)

Dynamo is a great influence. :p ;)

Well, Calihan it went off without a hitch, my PC changed automatically as well as my DVD/VCR and I manually changed all 5 clocks while cooking breakfast, I'm luving this, it's still light ;)YEAH!!!!

there is a joke in the Northwest about Daylight Savings Time
that it occurs during the spring and that just means you can see the rain longer

ok, it seems funny to me :lol:

Back