Thoughts on the New CSI Spinoff?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 18, 2014.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

TV Guide's Ask Matt

Sounds to me like it would be better off as a spin-off of "Criminal Minds" than "CSI". It's Cyber Crimes Division instead of the BAU but at least "Criminal Minds" is FBI instead of local law enforcement like "CSI" is.

Susan

2. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

A spinoff... hhmmm. I don't know what to make of it. I wonder if they'll use a song from The Who for the credits. I like the idea of I Can See For Miles And Miles. It seems more fitting for an Internet-based type of show. I don't know of any television series that is Internet-based, so this could be something unique. As I said, I don't know what to make of it. If I like the idea or not. For now, I'm beginning to lose interest in CSI.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  3. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

FWIW, TV Guide lists "Intelligence" as "Not looking so good" for renewal. But then again, they said that about CSINY for two years.

I don't think it would go over very well. Analysts sitting in Glen Allen, VA poring over reams of data, fighting wire fraud and the occasional espionage case. Rarely are there murders involved in these cases, and that's the CSI franchise bread and butter. If someone isn't killed, it's not a CSI episode. Not sure if Bruck can write a series to make this sort of thing interesting.

4. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

Intellgence tv show made zero sense to me.
    Lets remake Chuck with Catherine Willows and Sawyer.

CSI used to be the number one show in the world. People love Catherine Willows, absolutely 100% love her.

If CBS wants to bring her back, bring her back as Catherine Willows FBI. You would have millions of people turning to watch...

Now we are making CSI internet spy show? Really?

What happened to CBS management to make this stupid decisions.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I still think that if CBS wouldn't care about just one age group,they'd have seen NY was ok financially. 15 million still watching should have meant something.

6. blackflag

CSI Spin-Off Scoop: Patricia Arquette to Star in CBS' Cyber Crime-Themed Offshoot

Susan

7. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

Well it really isn't anything like the CSI Miami and New York clones and seems to be different. I'm surprised they didn't cast Poppy Montgomery! With its weird scheduling who knows when Unforgettable is going to end! Very much enjoyed Medium.

8. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

Looking forward to seeing the pilot. I like the concept of cyber forensics, should be
    interesting. I also liked Medium.

9. blackflag

Don't know if this is good or bad for "CSI: Cyber"?

Last I heard the so called "experts" said it would be an either/or situation for "CSI: Cyber" and "NCIS: New Orleans". That they would not make both a series. :confused:

Fall TV: CBS Orders NCIS Spin-Off, Odd Couple, Kevin Williamson's Stalker and 4 More to Series (But Not How I Met Your Dad?)

More at the link.

Susan

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Deadline said the network is still in talks, so we might still get the show. I'd like to see it, even as a 13-episode mid-season series.

11. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Woot! I'm glad to hear it. :D

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I guess it needs its own subforum now? :)

It's kind of a weird name. I guess they just want to tap into the "CSI" brand name, but really it's not a crime scene investigation team or type of investigating.

14. blackflag

It's more of a spin-off of "Criminal Minds" than "CSI". It's just that "CSI" has had 2 successful spin-off and "Criminal Minds" has had 0.

Personally, I don't plan on watching.

Susan

15. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

At this point, I'm really curious about who is hired for the supporting cast. Of course, they should definitely consider one of the newest FBI employees, Catherine Willows ;), but it would definitely be cool if they used some other characters from the Bruckheimer/CBS universe for the cast, like Viv (Marianne Jean-Baptiste) from Without a Trace, Adam (A. J. Buckley from CSI NY), Dave (Wes Ramsey) from CSI Miami, or Kat (Tracie Thoms) from Cold Case. Also, with their crime scene possibly occurring anywhere in the country, we could actually get some closer on any of those other shows when the spinoff's team may have to work with some cast members from those old series to solve a case. :thumbsup: