This is interesting...

MacsGirlMel

Mac's Personal Assistant
If this gets locked, sorry, but I thought this was cool...there's a site called howmanyofme.com and after doing my name I got caught up popping in CSI names. Some of them like Daniel Messer, Gilbert Grissom, Sara Sidle, Ryan Wolfe,Lindsay Monroe, Donald Flack,Nick Stokes,Greg Sanders, Mac Taylor James Brass, there are people with those names.

I'd be thrilled if I were a CSI fan but if I werent' or even if I were, I'd also say I gotta feel sorry for them because although it's not like a movie star name there still have to be people bringing it up. It might get old kinda fast.

I gotta wonder if anyone's ever changed their name because they were a CSI fan or gave one of their kids the name...it'd be *really* obsessed but it wouldn't surprise me either considering what people will do.

I think the thread is alright. ;) I've seen that 'how many of me' thing, and unfortunately, I don't exist. :lol:

This also brings up the question of whether anybody knows a person with a name similar to someone on one of the CSI shows? :p

(If someone just reminds you of a CSI character, or if a character reminds you of someone you know, but not with regards to their names, you can visit this thread. ;))

Faylinn, the site says I don't exist, either. Or, like they say in Mission: Impossible, they disavow any knowledge of me.

I once posted a weather site that checked for cities with the characters' names. Examples: Taylor (TX, AL, AR, OK, MS, AZ, UT, PA, NE, MI, WI, ND, LA, MO), Duquesne (Mo, PA), Willows (CA), Stokes (NC), Sanders (AZ, KY, MT), Caineville (UT), Brasstown (NC), etc. There are cities named Monroe in LA, GA, OK, NC, UT, OH, IN, NY, NE, IA, PA, MI, WI, SD, OR, WA, AR, CT, ME, NH, TN, and VA, but none in Montana. :)

:lol: That's pretty interesting, Dynamo. I live in NC, and I see that several of them are down my way. :p

(And yes, we must have secret identities or something, since we don't exist. Veeeery interesting. :p)

BTW, love the avatar. ;)

There are not any people in the US with the same name as me, which is not strange, considering that my name is not english...

if you want to just talk about who has your particular name, this would be better off in misc. let us know what youd rather do with this topic and Fay or i can take care of it :) also if youd like a more descriptive title of whats going on let us know and it can be changed ;)

my name isn't english either but i do exist!!! one time!!! there's exactly one other person in the usa with my name :D

Alright, to echo allmaple, let's make sure that the thread relates to the CSI characters, not just our own names. ;)

I found this site, where you can put in a surname and see the distribution around the United States over a certain decade or a moving image of all dates. I put in Taylor, and it's interesting to see how the distribution has changed from 1850 to 1990, and how it's more even in recent years...Very interesting. However, it only shows the 50,000 most popular last names, so some names aren't there.

Here are the links to the main last names from CSI:NY, since that's my favorite. ;) I don't know all of the last names for the other shows, so... :) I set it to show all of the dates, but if it was only in the top 50,000 in one of the years (like Bonasera, for instance), it only shows that map:

Taylor
Bonasera
Messer
Monroe
Flack
Hawkes
Ross
Hammerback--not on map
Angell
Burn

Something that I think would be even more interesting to look at would be the meanings of the characters' names and how that might be related to their characterization. This is one site I like for name meanings, so if anybody would like to analyze a character, that would be cool. ;) If you know a better site, with more in-depth descriptions of what the names mean, share that with us. :)

However, like with the link in the opening post, make sure we're talking about the characters, not our own names. :)

My dentist was named Sara Sidle until she got married =)

Now its Sara Grissom

OMG JK

I have no idea what it is now.

*laughs* I knew there would be no one with my last name... but there are 53,994 of 'Lora's' in the US, but none of the last name with 'Zabiran'. Ha!

Sarahh said:
My dentist was named Sara Sidle until she got married =)

Now its Sara Grissom

OMG JK

I have no idea what it is now.
:lol: :lol: You are hilarious!! Almost had me there!

Wow! There are only 24 people in the U.S. with the same name as me!!

ok guys, you seem to have more to say if youre looking up your own names on this thing. so im sending this to miscellaneous as its no longer really csi related.

Back