This can't be real...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dopebabygirl, Sep 1, 2008.

1. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

i've been browsing a little and what i've been reading is crazy:eek:
    in a forum somebody asked, the weight of people with the height of 1.65 m

what I'm reading there is making me :eek:

height: 165cm (5' 4")
    weight: 40kg - 45kg (88 - 95 lbs)

how the hell can somebody still feel fat??

Am I the only one feeling this can't be true?
    I mean this is actually anorexic and they still whining it's way too much and they want to lose weight.

what do you think?
    Is this caused by the media that tells us only skinny is beuatiful?
    with all the skinny girls on in the magazines?
    All those models on the catwalks being a bad role model?
    or is this just the parents who are responsible?

feel free to correct my post if there's something hard to understand :alienblush:

2. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

That's crazy! I truly believe that it's the media doing this, but I think things are getting better with skinny models and whatnot. For some modelling agencies, you have to have a relatively healthy weight. If they actually stick to that, they'd be turning away the extremely skinny. Anyways, just a little tidbit of information I heard recently.

I'm taller than that person, and I also weigh more than he/she. I personally don't feel fat, but I don't watch a lot of modelling shows, either. I've never seen America's Next Top Model, and I also don't read a lot of magazines that highlight skinny women. I personally find no beauty in horrifyingly skinny people. It creeps me out.

I don't really think that the parents have a lot to do with it. I don't think any parent would want their child to have the feeling that they are too fat and not good enough. It's a truly awful feeling, and I seriously hope no parent had any part in it.

With eating disorders, once you get started down that path it's extremely hard to turn back. They can definitely need medical attention, and some people don't want to seek help. I guess that the parents should keep an eye on their child's eating habits and form their own conclusions. They could be responsible in that way, I s'pose. There *is* the whole eat then throw up tactic though.

3. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

but why is it the media?
    isn't it the parents fault as well? Their are the ones who are supposed to raise their kids. And telling them whats right or wrong, healthy or not. I'm mean when the kid starts getting anorexic, all the parents say it's the medias fault, none of them is considering it's also theirs. It's tempting a lot easier to blame someone else.

4. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I guess it depends on how much influence parents have over their children and how much children really listen to their parents.

A lot of it is peer pressure. If you're in a clique you might feel pressured into the stereotype of skinny is beautiful.

Of course the media play a huge part. Look at all those models, actresses and so on. I looked at my aunt a few days ago and she's neither skinny but she's rather slim. I looked at her in the mirror and thought, wow, a lot of those actresses are even thinner than her. How can they survive? That's extremely skinny and definitely not attractive anymore.

Of course with all the new rules for models it's going to be a bit better but I personally don't think that the whole thing will change anytime soon.