Things You Noticed on an S3 Rewatch

La_Guera

Lab Technician
So, Roomie let me open S3 instead of torturing me with the delicious prospect of Flack until my birthday. The cases still reek like my undergarments during the onslaught of The Bloat, but the extra on Disc 1 was better than I expected and featured some lovely self-deprecating humor from Eddie Cahill.

I should mention that I kept a book on head to read during Lindsay's scenes and went so far as to mute the TV during her nauseating gung-ho heroism in "Not What It Looks Like". Honestly, why did they send Lindsay in there other than to bludgeon us with her pluckiness? She didn't look young enough to be a member of the Holly Go Lightly Club by any stretch of Ray Charles' misinformed imagination. Did she really think the baddies wouldn't have a picture or other means to identify the third girl, particularly since the handy flashback showed them all sans disguise while Baddie 2 watched from across the street? They were all leggy blondes; she's a toadstool thrust from the festering cow patty of a Montana meat moocow. Helllooo? There's a gargantuan difference there, one so vast the inbred atrocities from The Hills Have Eyes(But They Don't) could've spotted it. I can believe Lindsay is so defective, but not Flack, Danny, and Stella, too.

Sadly, excise that mammoth plothole, and the case would've been watchable, maybe even good. Danny's puppy was still fabulous, however.

So, what have you noticed that you didn't the first time around? Plotholes, foreshadowing, or that rarest of beasties, continuity.

I'm not sure I'm going to rewatch all of the episodes right away, but one thing I am stoked about (and I bet you are too ;) ) is Eddie Cahill's commentary on "Consequences." I'm really curious to hear what he's going to say about the ep and Flack's dilemma with turning over the case book to Mr. Holier-Than-Thou Mac Taylor. Eddie is really smart and well-spoken, and I bet he gives good commentary.

"Not What It Looks Like" is probably one I will rewatch, and damn, your description of Lindsay cracked me up. :lol: So spot on! :lol:

I didn't rewatch it on DVD, but I recently rewatched "Love Run Cold" and it sucked as badly the second time as it did the first time, though Danny and Flack's banter was adorable.

Eddies commentary is amazing!! So funny, and him and Pam together do a great commentary. The episode was great as-is, but with the two of them adding in little tid bits of trivia and jokes - totally made it that much better.

My favorite part?? Eddies, "SNAP!!" about 15-20minutes into the commentary - not sure why, but I loved it!

Back