The X-Factor 2009 : Who's it gonna be?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by egeria, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

I love Stacey and want her to win! I think she has an amazing voice and great personality. I also like Lucie but think she is a bit to much like Leona Lewis. Olly i like to but i don't think he will win. The Twins i think are trully awful!!! and don't really like Danyl or Jamie! I would love to hear a song that suits Lloyd as so far that hasn't happened so haven't really been able to hear if he is really that good! :)

2. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

Well I wasn't shocked by yesterdays result, I wasn't really a fan of the girl who went. Actually, am not a fan of any of the under 25's there's nothing special about any of them. I think if any of them won they would be forgotten about by the next autumn when their album got released. But hey, that's just my opinion and I appreciate that the likes of Stacey and Joe have a lot of fans, I just don't see it myself.

Oh and i'm still in team Jedward much to most of my friends dismay :p

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i like lucy and stacey but overall i agree. if x factor was less pop-factory and more in the business of finding real talent and working well with it, i'd be much happier to watch it. a bland industry karaoke show is not the future of the music industry - or it shouldn't be. actually, i think it probably is (or at least a symptom of it) in which case the entire industry is well and truly screwed. where are the strummers, rottens, mclarens, wilsons and geoff travises of the world when you need them?

me too, not because i like them, i don't, but because i'd love to see the entire x factor institution hoisted with its own petard, but unfortunately it's unlikely.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I am definitely in tean Jedward! I know they wont win, and they probably shouldn't - but I like watching them. They are the most entertaining contestants on the show, andd they are fun.
    I did quite like Rachel, but I think Simon made the right decision. For her to be in the bottom 2, 3 times must have meant that the public werent keen.
    I didn't watch the whole thing. But from what I have seen so far, I think the girls are quite good. And Ollie.

5. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

Well, everyone's over reactions this weekend are the exact reason I want Jedward to win. I've seen less reaction from these people when real disasters have happened.
    I even had a "real" music fan this weekend telling me I shouldn't support Jedward as they're keeping real singers from getting through. This may be true, but then shows like the X Factor are stopping real artists getting the break they need.

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I totally agree. The way people react to the whole thing.......
    I did think Jedward were gonners when they were in the bottom two. Although I was really hoping that they would be saved. I was rather surprised by Simon's decision after all the criticism he has given them, but I was happily surprised. They are more fun to watch, and Simon knows it is the twins who are getting the most publicity for the show- it wouldn't make sense to vote them off. Who cares if they cant sing?!

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i was surprised too but i think he was right to take it to public vote - after all the show is meant to be about public opinion. last week it was a bit dull of him to let it go to phone votes but this week he was absolutely right - like he knew how popular they were and didn't want to deprive the audience of them if that's what they really wanted. however i think he's probably aware that in making that decision, he's screwed his own show irredeemably.

exactly!!!

8. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

Have you all heard about all the complaints to OFCOM about Simon taking it to deadlock. It's in the thousands apparently, and they're investigating whether they have breached the broadcasting code...i'm sorry what code is this exactly?? The code where public votes arn't allowed if a certain amount of the public don't agree with the decision?

I bet most of the people complaining didn't even bother to vote :rolleyes:

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

it's great when people compain about stupid things with no impact in reality but never complain about things that matter, and that people vote on meaningless crap like x factor or i'm a celeb, but never actually vote and then moan that they don't like the government. god i love people...

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

So, the end of the twins. The show wont be the same without them, but it definitely is not the last we will see of them.
    Going by last weeks performances I would have voted Joe to win. He sang so well. Where did he come from?! Definitely the dark horse of the competition.
    I think it is Lloyd's turn to go next- he is the weakest singer of the bunch.