the writers of csi:miami

Rysmyguy said
It's a shame that the actors/actresses prior to LaRue have now got to sit back and watch her skanky ass take over the friggin' show.

Rysmyguy I truly am sorry that you feel the show isn't going a very good direction. However, please try not to veer into actor/actress bashing as the part I quoted might seem that way to some. Expressing your dislike for Natalia Boa Vista is fine, but we strongly discourage bashing of the actors/actresses. Thanks. :)

I think that this season the writing has been a little bit...unfulling. It seems to me just about every week that the show comes on, the crime is solved, the show turns off. I don't feel as if there has been much depth to most of the episodes.
But it is my favorite show, so I'll watch it no matter how bad it gets.

is it bad that we love when people we love get shot?? ahah ... it adds some excitement

and i think after speed died its like .. anything can happen. so we never know ... someone could be next ...
i know it was his choice to leave the show but it was still a surprise

speedymeg25 said:
I think that this season the writing has been a little bit...unfulling. It seems to me just about every week that the show comes on, the crime is solved, the show turns off. I don't feel as if there has been much depth to most of the episodes.
But it is my favorite show, so I'll watch it no matter how bad it gets.

I wholeheartedly agree. Is it just me, or do the other two CSI shows have more to it than the cases? That's just what I've observed. I'll still continue to tune in, as I've just gotten into the show this past November, but I think the writers can take a hint from the other two and add a little more in terms of beyond-the-lab scenes in the mix.

^ Exactly my thoughts on that aspect of the show as well. But the show was doing so well in season two and then it kind of fizzled halfway through season three. I used to be left thinking after the episodes and like speedymeg25 said, now the show turns off and that's it.

I do think they should go that extra step beyond the cases, but they also need to find a happy-medium. In season four there was a bit too much drama, and in season five there isn't much but the cases. I think the writers are trying too much to be the hottest and most unique show on television, that the high-profile status has caused it to fall short on the substance department. All I see is great cinematography and not a lot to back it up character/case-wise. Others may not agree, but that's how I feel.

If the show wasn't flashly and hyped up with cars, women, parties, alcohol and sex, I'm afraid the show wouldn't have half as much appeal to a lot of their audience. (And it's too bad that sex sells) They need to start pulling in the viewers (like many of us) who watch for the great mystery and the characters who solve them, rather than a bunch of boobs and palm trees. If I wanted to see that, I'd tune into Baywatch.

Back