The Worst CSI Episodes

Although it's not on my list of "worst episodes" anymore, I have to mention Leave Out All the Rest too. It was one of the few episodes that I remember seeing before I really started watching CSI, and as a non-follower of the show, it epitomized every reason I didn't watch CSI at the time: very dark and depressing, and then they didn't even solve the case. Without knowing the history, or seeing what it was leading up to, it really was a horrible standalone episode. :lol:
They solved it later in 19 Down/One to Go and most cases go unsolved for awhile or never get solved

I know that now (as well as knowing who Sara and Lady Heather are, and why Grissom was so depressed), which is why it's no longer on my list. I'm just saying that the first time I saw it, I didn't know all that, and never saw 19 Down/One to Go, so it made me just dislike CSI more at the time. Confusing character stuff, plus not even the satisfaction of wrapping up a case in the end - bad for someone who's just looking for an hour of entertainment. :)

Oddly enough, I really liked Leave Out All the Rest on my first viewing, but having seen it a couple of times since I've slowly disliked it more. It's probably one of the most depressing episodes out there which I guess lowers its value for watching again. The only scene I really liked in it was the interaction of Greg/Riley sifting through the 'kinky box.' I guess it's partly because sex fetish stories have been used a lot in the past.

As for not solving the case, I quite it when they don't solve it (a la Butterflied) as it brings a bit more realism to the show, but of course it's far more satisfying to see them get the killer. ;)

I wish Santa Claus could erase these episodes from CSI's history for me. Ugh!

1. Mascara (Season 9) - After 199 episodes of watching CSI this was the treat the fans got? What a shame. A rookie CSI getting the 200th episode. Seriously? The 100th episode wasn't even centered on a major character! Forget about it being all about Ray. The episode itself was SO BAD. It looked like a cheap horror movie. Actually I can't describe it anymore. I only watched it once, live (ha, imagine the excitement I had only to be disappointed five minutes into the episode). I'll never watch this episode again ever even if it's on a boring Saturday afternoon.

2. All In (Season 9) - apparently, giving the 200th episode to Ray wasn't enough. Watched once.

3. In A Dark, Dark House (Season 11) - apparently, two consecutive season finales about Raaaaay weren't enough. Fine fine. Setting aside that argument for those who loves Raaaayyy so much, this episode was still bad. No plans on watching this episode ever again unless I want to torture myself. Meat Jekyll, though about Raaaaayyy, was a good finale.

4. Leapin' Lizard (Season 7) - I just didn't get it. It looked like a cheap SyFy movie. Watched once.

5. Go To Hell (Season 8) - fell asleep watching it. Watched once.

Well, I guess everyone is in agreement that tptb should exclude Mascara from future DVD releases and repeats on other channels. :lol:

1. Mascara -- as I said at the time, at last we had something that the GSR and anti-GSR fans could agree on -- this episode sucked.

2. Up In Smoke -- watched it only once, so the details are vague. What bothered me the most, I think, was how understanding everyone seemed to be toward the grieving father who stole a body, shoved it down a chimney, etc. while the week before everyone (except Grissom) was disgusted with what a grief-stricken Heather had done to try and catch her daughter's murderer.

3. Crow's Feet -- that was death by urine injection, wasn't it? I just can't get interested in Cath's realization that she's getting old.

These are the only ones I actively dislike. There are other episodes which are too depressing (i.e. Death And The Maiden) that I haven't re-watched.

Mascara - hands down the worst episode I have ever had the misfortune to watch. And a really bad choice for the 200th episode.

The Happy Place = A complete waste of airtime.

Snakes - Never got into this one, it just bored me.

Mascara - This truly was when CSI became The Langston Show, the 200th should have been centered around those who have been there for 200. Marg, Eric, George, Paul, Robert.

The Season 11 Ending Arc - One overused character searches for another, the other then lures the first overused character to a house. Holy $#!+. This is the most boring arc I've ever seen, it had its good parts, I loved Lis Harnois' introduction and the Marg & George segments, but as a whole, CBS may as well have hired a crooked under-sheriff to shoot the show in the chest and neck in a dark alley.

"Space Oddity".I generally like the rats episode but this was too much.

" In a dark ,Dark house" and " Cello and goodbye".Talk about a serial killer arc done wrong.They did such a good job with a main character in danger in the past (grave danger) and with serial killer storylines(blue paint killer) that is hard to believe this is the same show.

I did not found "Mascara " that bad but I will admit ths this is an episode that I decided not to watch again ever.

Mascara: just should not have been a milestone episode. I think it would have been okay otherwise.

Forever: just don't like the episode.

Jackpot: other than Grissom in jeans, nada.

Bad to the Bone: just don't like the episode.

Also never got into Fur & Loathing and hate Greg getting beat up in Fannysmackin'....

I'll go with the consensus and name Mascara as one I will never watch again. But, I will add that I liked the actress who played Ray's student, and victim.

Others that I don't care if I ever see again:

All In-for me this pretty much sealed my belief that tptb were trying way to hard to get the fans to embrace Ray. Sorry, the team dynamic just seemed forced, and it just never happened for me.
Space Oddity-I actually liked Wedges, until this.
Two and A Half Deaths-so unfunny
Early Roll Out-I absolutely hated Sara's OOC downward spiral in Season 4. Maybe the end justifies the means. Sometimes.

Last edited:
Back