The 'What I Learned Today' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i learned that even when you think life is crap and no one cares there are people out there who care about you...your friends :D

I learnt that:

- The president of my country can speak English :)
- Now, in Formula One they only have on tires provider: Bridgestone (whyyyyyyyyy??? I preferred Michelin!!!! :()
- If I don't drink coffee in the morning I'll have a headache :eek: and learnt that I could replace it with Coke 'cause it has caffeine too (I knew this a long time ago, but I still find it interesting :p)

Today I learned that a snipe hunt is a game that adults use on us innocent kids whilst camping. They say 'a snipe hunt is where you chase it to one kid who bags ths snipe and beats it with a stick.' The boys volunteer to bag and smack it. They say, 'go stand out there and wait till we lure it to you.' The kid stands out there while the rest of the people go back to camp and eat marshmellows until the poor kid figures it out.
(Last year in seventh grade they promised us a snipe hunt...we never got it. Today in History my teacher explained to the seventh graders I aid for what a snipe hunt was... :mad: :lol:)

I learned that:

- My sister does not have appendicitis, so she can come home from the hospital!
Yay, I missed her.

and

- the plural form of the word "platypus" is platypi.
Or at least that's what my Biology teacher said...

Today I learned (or discovered rather) that:

Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is one movie that is more confusing than "The Matrix"... or "The Prestige"... or any other movie that I've ever seen.

I learned that the one thing you don't study for is the one thing that's in every other question on a test. :(

Today I learned that there are over 300 possible more than 3 letter words contained, in and out of order, in the phrase Ludwig Von Betthoven. :D
I also learned that weather is plotting against us. It rained today, but stopped during PE so we still had to run, and then started raining hard as ever just as I began to walk home.

I learned that you have to watch yourself in the supermarket after a food recall. You could tell which stores were hit hard from the pet food recall - that isle was an absolute mess in Stop & Shop while Shaws looked like they didn't have to take anything off the shelves.

Susan

That most people i know cant be trusted and that im alone in so many things i have to do. I learned that people arent they way the look and that i can be hard to. I know that i see the things very black but thats what i feel on the moment. ARRGG im just mad and i am learning that that is okay to. .. hihi

Today I learned that almost 50% of teacher quit within the first five years, and that middle school is the period in which most teacher will not teach. Hehe, because we eighth graders are so terrible.

grissoms_gurl said:
Today I learned that simply reading from the textbook, an hour before the exam, will not help you :lol:
:lol:

I learnt today that when it comes to parking it's each man for themselves. :rolleyes:

I also learnt (yesterday) that sometimes there are some things you just have to do, regardless of the initial fear of it. If you don't, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. I also learnt that I'm a stronger person than I give myself credit for. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back