The Wallpaper Thread # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
polina that´s a very cool Lost Son Wallpaper though i´ll never ever use it on my desktop. Lost Son is my least favorite episode...

Chez said:
polina that´s a very cool Lost Son Wallpaper though i´ll never ever use it on my desktop. Lost Son is my least favorite episode...

I know that :( me too
it was a request from my friend

You can see wallpapers in my LJ.

14440d55c1dae6.jpg

14440d55ccfe7b.jpg

Polina those wallpapers are amazing! That Lost Son one *sniff* And I love that Calleigh Duquesne wallpaper you made. Where did you get that pic?!

And kimberia lovely wallpapers as always!

csi_fanatic87 said:
My moniter is size is 1400x1050. I suppose that's considered widescreen.

Actually, 1400x1050 is still considered 'full screen".. it's all about the ratio of the height to the width. I did a couple little images here to illustrate the difference. I started off by making these full-size, and then just scaled them down to be 200 pixels wide (just so they're not overly huge, but the height to width ratio is still what it would be if they were full size).

1400x1050.gif
1280x768.gif

As you can see, even though they are the same width, the heights are different. Hope that made some sort of sense. :D

I really like my widescreen monitor as far as watching movies and stuff goes, but it's hard to find wallpapers! I either end up cropping the edges off myself, or end up with a distorted image if I stretch the picture to fill up the entire screen. So, I've just resorted to making my own. :D

And BTW, I absolutely LOVE your avatar, csi_fanatic!!!

Oh ok. Thanks for breaking it down for me. I understand now. :)

I'm with you quickbeam_cw. I like my screen resolution since it's so large, but like you finding full screen wallpapers is tough, but I can use 1152x84, 1280x768, and 1280x1024 wallpapers just fine. [800x600 are a bit too small for me]

Well if you center the wallpaper instead of stretching it [decide on the background color of your choice] it looks good. I do that with mine all the time.

Why thank you so much! :D Big Supernatural fan I'm guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back