The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Wojo, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The Walking Dead on AMC, anyone else watching this awesome show!:)

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Just started watching last week....streaming them on Netflix. I'm about halfway through Season 2 right now. :)

I like it. I'm interested. I'm just not "WOW" :eek: over it yet. Only 2 things so far have made me go WOW...
    when Shane shot Otis and when Sofia came out of that barn.
    :eek:

Plus the walkers annoy me. They are always showing up at such bad times and always getting in the way. :lol:

So, don't spoil me until I'm all the way caught up! :)

3. Smokey

Really?? Over 15 million viewers and only 2 of us here on the board? :lol:

4. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

Nuh uh, me too, me too! :D

I'm watching season two now, I'm way far behind.

5. Smokey

I caught up and then watched this season as it aired. Reeeeeally into it now! Tonight's the first Sunday night without it tho. :( It's gonna be a long summer.

6. Guybrush Threepwood

I just find it so hard to watch because I reaaaaally don't like Lori.:shifty:

7. Smokey

Sooooo?? How far have you gotten now? :D

8. Guybrush Threepwood

I finished aaages ago. :lol:
    Probably a day or two after I made that post haha. Now I'm writing a Walking Dead fanfiction because of reasons and I've managed to get out 88 000 words in eight days. :eek:

Seriously though, there was a lot of season three that I didn't like at all. I found the entire plot with the gouvenor to be boring, actually. I did enjoy the whole idea of Rick slowly going mental, but I hate that we can't ever know for sure if Judith is his or Shane's. :mad:

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I watched the first two season's on Netflix, then watched the 1st half of season 3 on computer before the 2nd half of the season started. So I am all caught up! Now I can't wait until next season!! I am glad to see others on this thread now.

I am disappointed that we have not heard the last from the governor :( and...

I hated that Andrea died!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  10. Guybrush Threepwood

The only person I really didn't want to see go was
    Dale.
    That really broke me, God I was crying like crazy. Except for that though I've been quite alright with everyone dying. I might have celebrated when
    Lori finally died. YES!
    :lol:

I'm both excited and nervous for the next season. I mean, I love this show but I'd really hate it if they cancelled it before it's due to end. And I'd also hate it if they give it a terrible ending. Like being "oh mwohaha, we're just ending it here, and giving you no answers about anything, and the remaining peeps migh live or die bwahahaha!"

I would hate that so much. :shifty:

11. Smokey

I am betting that they basically start a new chapter next season. And the governor? I'll bet we don't see him anymore but he will pop up way later when we least expect it like Merle did.

I don't think we have to use spoiler tags here for episodes that have already aired. So....

I hated Dale dying too. :( But what really got me was Lori's death. Love her or hate her, that was intense and crazy and gut wrenching. When they came outside and Rick heard the baby crying and turned around and knew in an instant what had happened and then lost it...oh my god I wept like a baby! That was just so realistic and horrible.

12. Guybrush Threepwood

I cheered when she died. :guffaw:

I haven't really minded anyone dying except for Dale. Well, it was sad that Sophia died but I just feel like it's given more to the show from that because it's shown how absolutely amazingly strong Carol is. Merle dying didn't bother me, except it really got to me how Daryl broke down over it. Which is obviously understandable. Now it's Carl who annoys me out of the group, because he's just getting awkwarder and awkwarder. He's getting under my skin. For the reals.

To be honest I have no idea what'll happen next season but I just hope that they don't push it too far in either direction. Like, I would hate for this to turn into a show that runs for 10 seasons and then because the rating's have gone so low they decide to just end it with killing everyone because it's easier and will cost less. If they can be smart about it I believe this show really could be awesome all the way to the end, they just need to not get greedy.

Also, oh my graveyard I've so got the hots for Rick. :lol:

13. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

The second season was excellent but I had a hard time with the third one. Since Shane died it's just not the same for me anymore. He had the survival side of the story that seems too forced on Rick. And the governor... it turned into a (bad) western. Rick's son has to be toned down a bit as well, he became more and more annoying as episodes went by. Glad that Lori's gone and Carol's alive and well, but I don't know what to expect from the next season.