The Unit

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by xforce11, Mar 8, 2006.

1. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

I must say when I heard about this mid-season replacement I wanted to see it. Well tonight was the preimer. It was a good episode and if the rest of the eps are as well produced I think CBS will have another winner on their hands.

What are your thoughts on this series?

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I watched this tonight too. I must say, I thought it was good. I'm glad to see Dennis Haysbert again after his President Palmer was killed on the season premier of "24". I was a little annoyed at Bob's wife. What is she crazy? Running her mouth is a good way to get her husband and the rest of the guys killed.

Isn't the guy who plays Mack Gerhardt (Max Martini) the same guy who played Bob Keaton on CSI:Miami? Glad to see him back after he was killed on Miami.

Anywho, I liked it and I am looking forward to seeing it again next week. :) It's also in a good time slot, right after NCIS.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

You've got a good eye there, 1CSIMfan. Max Martini (shaken or stirred?) played Bob Keaton in three Miami episodes, and also appeared on 1 original CSI episode, and Without a Trace, Numb3rs, Da Vinci's Inquest, 24, The Pretender, and several other shows.

4. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

Yep I thought he looked like bob. CBS now has bios up for the cast and crew.

5. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Enjoyed The Unit last night and looking forward to next week's ep. :)

I'm also a "24 fan" and admire Dennis Haysbert. :D

I'm going to really enjoy watching back-to-back-to-back episodes of NCIS, Amazing Race and The Unit. [​IMG]

----------------------------
    [​IMG]

6. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

I watched "NCIS" and was going to watch "The Unit" afterwards, but my Mom called just as NCIS was ending. We talked for almost an hour, so I just caught the last few minutes. All I saw was the man who played President Palmer on "24" shooting a monkey (not a real one) and the actor who played Agent Doggett on "The X-Files" in bed with a woman who, I'm assuming, was NOT his wife, as he rolled over to pick up the phone and she yelled, "Don't call from my nubmer!"
    Since those who saw it seemed to have enjoyed it, I'll try to catch it next week.

7. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

I watched it last night, only half of it though. I forgot Robert Patrick was on that show until he popped up on the screen :D I was like woooooooo It's Doggett!!

8. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

So. . .what did that monkey do???

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

It was a stuffed animal that was their daughter's. If you said something to the monkey..the monkey repeated it.

Didn't it make some sort of noise and he seen it's reflection in a window or something so he turned around and shot it?

10. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

03/14/2006 "Stress"
    The Unit's expertise comes into play when their mission to recover a fallen Chinese satellite turns into an opportunity to capture a wanted terrorist.

11. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

I enjoyed tonight's ep but felt it went by too quickly. I feel like I'm playing catch up with the characters, but I do enjoy the show.

12. shane2

shane2 Prime Suspect

I think the Unit has a strong cast and so far has been very good.

13. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I enjoyed last night's ep.

I love that fact that they include the wives. And we get to see things from their POV.

------------------------------
    [​IMG]

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Just thought I'd bump this back up to the front. the 3/21 episode was pretty good. When Tiffy gave the senator a peace of her mind, I was cheering for her. "guaran-damn-tee"-I loved it when she said it.

The taut drama addresses illegal drug trafficking as Jonas' team tries to retrieve a Mexican minister's family from a kidnapper's clutches. But Jonas will have to do the job without the volatile Mack, who has been forced to take a vacation--without Tiffy. (My thoughts here-wonder who sent him on a vacation without Tiffy?? Let me guess, bossman who wants to spend more time with her.)

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Just bumping this thread up for those who wish to post here. :D