The Unguarded Moment (horatio/yelina fic)

ametista

Prime Suspect
We've just began 4th season of csi: miami and I miss horatio/yelina terribly... I wrote this little piece to cheer myself up. Thought I'd share this with you :)

Title: The Unguarded Moment
Pairing/Characters: Horatio Caine/Yelina Salas
Rating: FRC (PG)
Disclaimer: Not mine and never will be. If they were mine, they’d be together and very happy.
Summary: Sometimes a little moment is enough to have faith again...

The Unguarded Moment

Yelina was doubtful at first. Wondering not for the first time that maybe it’s not such a good idea. She was getting really tired of this strange relationship of hers and Horatio’s: taking a step forward then five back, whenever Horatio felt that they were getting too close for his comfort, his guilt overtaking him once again.

He appeared on her doorstep unannounced as usual, and out of the blue said, “Do you have plans for today? It’s going to be a good day, and I thought I could take you and Ray Jr. to the beach.”

She said nothing.

Horatio lowered his head. “Sorry, I know I should’ve called first.” Then he looked at her again, with hopeful expression on his face.

So now few hours later they were on the beach…

Yelina was laying out their lunch on the blanket, when unusual sound made her stop and turn around.

There few feet away Horatio and her son were playing ball. And now Horatio was laughing, his head thrown back.

She didn’t know what made him laugh, but she was immensely grateful as that sound of his laugh warmed her, making her heart swell. She hadn’t heard him laugh so easily and openly since before Raymond died.

The cloud of pain, guilt and shame was gone from his eyes, instead making his eyes shine with laughter and happiness, making him look boyish and carefree…

The man she fell in love with…

The real Horatio Caine, not the shelled person he became after Raymond’s death.

Laughter slowly died and once again he retreated into himself, becoming suppressed, guarded person that he is these last couple of years, but that doesn’t matter, because that little unguarded moment was all Yelina needed to have faith in them once again.

Yes, as long as the real Horatio is still there, there’s still hope for them to be happy together.

The End

Yes, as long as the real Horatio is still there, there’s still hope for them to be happy together.

So Say We All ! :D

Love the fanfic, we desperately need such moments in CSI Miami. *sigh*

And welcome on the board ametista . :) Hope you will have fun here.

Oh well written, I'm glad there's another H/Y fan fic writer out there.

You should keep this up if you get any more inspiration to write, and like you implied, the real H is still there, he just needs Y to bring it out again.

Thank you.

Glad you liked it :)
I have quite a few ideas for H/Y fics, so I might write more, if I manage to overcome my apprehension that I'm not doing enough justice for them. The fandoms I usually write for are so different from csi: miami and H/Y.

Lovely written! And like Pusher and Hrockz' said, the real H will be back ^^ (only if Yelina is there ofc)

Wonderful little fic. And I'll join the choir and say that we need Y to get the real H back. Hopefully that will happend on the show!
I hope to hear more from you, ametista. :)

I loved this little fic too. Please do try to write some more; I too am waiting for the real *H* to return (and to see Madison again too!) I miss her so much!!

Back