The Rose (a smacked story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by giovinazzo<3, Jan 25, 2009.

1. giovinazzo<3

giovinazzo<3 Lab Technician

Disclaimer: Im not the owner of CSI:NY characters, Anthony and the Producer's are the owners. Im just borrowing them..​

A/N: i heard ''The Rose by Westlife'' on the radio and thought off a maybe cute story.. And big thanks to Steph, who read through the story and correcting what was wrong *huugs*​

Parings: Mac and Stella..​

Stella's P.O.V

The Rose..

Lindsay and I had just been out for lunch, we had been talking about work and stuff, and also about, who the person was who had been sending me roses over the past few days. It started three days ago... Now we are back at work, Lindsay and I are walked towards my office, the first thing I notice when I step in is 3 pink roses. I look at Lindsay and she's smiling.
    I walk up to the roses and look at them ''3 pink roses today? Who is it that's sending me these roses?'' I ask and look towards Lindsay. She shrugs ''Don't ask me, but I got to say, I think it's sweet.''
    I look at Lindsay again, she's walking towards me, ''Well, it might be a crazy person...'' I add, Lindsay chuckles alittle ''Don't think like that Stella!'' she says and now she's standing beside me looking at the roses. ​

Some say love it is a river
    That drowns the tender reed
    Some say love is a razer
    That leaves your soul bleed

Flashback to three days ago.
    I come to work as always, drop by Mac's office to say good morning, then walk towards my office. When I got to my office the first thing I noticed was a single yellow rose on my desk. I look around to see if anyone is in here, but I'm the only one in the room. Walking up to the rose, I notice there's no note, nothing, just the rose.
    I hear someone knock on my door, I turn around and see Lindsay with Danny next to her, Danny peers over my shoulder and points to the rose ''You got a secret admirer??''
    I sit down on my desk and look at the rose, I turn my head towards Danny and Lindsay ''Don't know, the rose was here when I came in, there was no note with it, nothing.'' Lindsay walks over to me and sits down in one of the guest chairs. ''I think it's sweet that someone sent you a yellow rose.'' Lindsay said with a smile. I give her a small smile back, ''You know that one rose means, you're everything to me and a yellow rose means, you're the sun in my life.'' Someone said from the doorway. That someone are Hawkes, raising a eyebrow, ''He's like a walking encyclopedia.'' that made me smile ''That's true Danny.'' I answer back.
    Hawkes shakes his head and chuckles ''So who's it from? A secret admirer? Or maybe a secret boyfriend we don't know about?''
    I pick the rose up and look at Hawkes ''I don't know who it's from, it was here when I came in this morning..''
    Hawkes looks at me, ''Weird, no note with it?'' I shake my head, ''You didn't answer the suggestion about be a secret boyfriend...'' Danny replied, I respond with ''I don't have any secret boyfriend..''
    Danny pretend to be dissapointed but started to laugh instead, ''Well im gonna go and ask Mac if we have any new cases to work on.'' said Danny, ''I'm coming with you.'' Came the reply from Hawkes.
    Lindsay looked at the rose ''Sure you haven't meet anyone that might send you a rose?''
    I think about it for a minute then I shake my head. I have absolutely no idea who sent me this rose..
    End of flashback..

-------------------------------
    i'll update as soon as im done with the next part:) hope you guys like it..​

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

oooh Mac did lol

3. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Awww, like I told you earlier Hun, this is such a cute litte story, and, it was my pleasure helping you to correct it. :D *Hugs you back* Can't wait for more. :D

4. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Gio, This story is so romantic. Is it different color of rose has different meanings?

5. giovinazzo<3

MacsGirlMel, shhhh:lol:

Shell
    yeh, different colours of a rose have different meanings, and so do the numbers of roses you give:)

Steph, thanks for the helping me:) and im glad that you think it's a cute story:)

and im starting to write more right now:)

6. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Love it so far! :)

7. giovinazzo<3

Shazza_018, glad you liked it:)
    --------------------------------
    A/N: sorry for the delay on the story, I got sick the day I was going to write more on the chapter and my mum told me not to sit on the laptop for long so I didn't manage to get the whole chapter finished.. and then I when I had wrote it I managed to somehow not save it on my laptop so I had to write it again.. so here's the second chapter, hope you like it:) and big thanks to chrysalis escapist for helping me with the story:)

Flashback to Yesterday..
    I come to work today, and the first thing I do when I walk out of the elevator is to see if Mac is in his office, he's not there now. Say hi later then I think to myself.
    Walking towards my office, I'm looking at my phone, don't see where I'm going, bumping into someone, looking up Danny is the person I bumped into. ''I'm sorry Danny; I didn't see where I was walking..'' I say.
    Danny with a grin on his face replies, ''It's okay.'' Looking at his hands I notice he's holding a case file, ''What's the case you're working on?''
    He looks at his own hands then at me again. ''A man died of something I'm about to find out, going down to Sid now.'' he says, he’s still got a grin on his face looking at me. I nod in response.
    Danny looks at his watch, then he looks at me again, ''Well, I should get going to see Sid, don't want to keep him waiting longer than he should.'' I nod again, still a bit curious about why Danny has a grin on his face, Danny starts to walk away, I can't keep my curiosity to myself, I turn to Danny and call after him, ''Hey Danny!'' He turns towards me again, ''Yeah?''
    Looking at him, ''Why do you have a grin on your face??'' Is it just me or did his grin just get bigger?
    Danny steps into the elevator with a big grin on his face, while I stand where I stand with a curious and a little confused look on my face, shaking my head I start to walk towards my office.
    And the thing I notice first when I step into my office is two orange roses, raising an eyebrow I look around my office to find no one else but me inside.
    Walking cautiously towards the roses, standing close to them, I look at them, looking for a note, but again no note, nothing from the person that sent the roses.
    Thinking back to when I bumped into Danny in the hallway, the look he gave me and that grin, maybe he knew that the two orange roses were in my office? Or maybe he knows who the person that sent them is?
    Picking up the roses, looking at them. Somehow I think it's sweet, but in the back of my mind I have the thought that it might be a crazy person, who knows?
    Putting the roses down on my desk again, I walk around my desk and sit down in my chair, trying to think if I’ve met someone that might send me roses, but I can't think of anyone, I haven't exactly been going out so much this Month..

It's the heart afraid of breaking
    That never learns to dance

A message on my phone drags me out of my thoughts. I look at the message I got, it's from Lindsay, asking me if I could go down to Sid and get the autopsy report for the case we are working on. Getting up I go down to Sid..
    Standing in the autopsy room, getting the report with the reason why the girl died; after I get the autopsy report, before I walk out of the room, Sid speaks up, ''Someone wants to go away with you.'' he says, I’m turning around looking at a grinning Sid with a puzzled look, ''Excuse me?''
    Sid, still with a grin on his face. ''Orange rose means, I’m your friend, it also means, desire and enthusiasm. And two roses means that someone wants to go away with you..'' says Sid with a wink.
    I can feel my cheeks heat up a little, Sid's talking again, ''So who is this person that sent you these roses? You got one yesterday and two today, and do you have someone special that you haven't told any of us about?''
    Giving a little laugh I say, ''Don't know who the person is and no, I don't have a special person..''
    Sid gives me a look, ''You sure about that?'' I laugh at that and nod..
    Sid takes off his glasses and looks at me without his glasses, ''What about a note?''
    I give a little smile, ''The person doesn’t leave any notes, just the roses..''
    It looks like Sid thinks a little, ''That's weird..''
    I shrug ''Well, I have to get going Sid, got work to do..'' I say with a little smile and walk up to the lab again. Standing in the elevator, I now know why Danny had this grin on his face when he saw me earlier. But my mind doesn't stay on that thought for long; it goes back to the orange roses up in my office.. who is this person that sends me the roses? And why doesn’t the person leave a note?

Well i hope you guys like it:) i'll try to update as soon as i can:)

8. MacsGirlMel

love it :) Can't wait for more.

*sigh* I feen inadquate that I can't figure out what to post in my story. It's dropping way down.

9. shell_kikii

Thanks to Sid's tips, now Stella knows she has a admirer. I'm eager to know what reaction she'll have when she find out it is Mac. :adore: (It's Mac, right?)

10. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Aww, that was so cute Frida, I love your little story. I can't wait for more, hopefully it won't be too long? :adore:

11. giovinazzo<3

MacsGirlMel, im glad that you loved it:) and don't feel like that, your story is great:D
    Kikii, you'll find out who the person is later;)
    Steph, Im glad you love it:D and well,
    Here's the new chapter, hope you guys like it:) and thanks to Chrysalis escapist (from ff.net) for helping me with the chapter:)
    And the line in the middle there is a part from the song: 'The Rose by Westlife'

Chapter 3:
    Lindsay and I had just been out for lunch, we had been talking about work and stuff, and also about whom the person was who had been sending me roses over the past few days. It started three days ago... Now we are back at work, Lindsay and I are walking towards my office, the first thing I notice when I step in is three pink roses. I look at Lindsay and she's smiling.
    I walk up to the roses and look at them ''Three pink roses today? Who is it that's sending me these roses?'' I ask and look towards Lindsay. She shrugs ''Don't ask me, but I got to say, I think it's sweet.''
    I look at Lindsay again, she's walking towards me, ''Well, it might be a crazy person...'' I add. Lindsay chuckles a little, ''Don't think like that Stella!'' she says and now she's standing beside me looking at the roses.

I pick them up and look closer at them, wonder what three pink roses mean. ''Wonder what it means.'' I hear Lindsay say.
    I shrug and am thinking about who this person is, I mean, what looks like to be the same person that has been sending me these roses, but that's not the only question that's running through my mind, why doesn't this person leave a note?

It's the dream afraid of waking
    That never takes a chance

I hear a knock on my door and both me and Lindsay turn around and see Adam standing there, ''Umm, here's the result of the sticky stuff that was on the skirt.'' I nod and notice that Adam is looking at the roses in my hand. ''You know, three roses means, I want to meet you again and have a future with you, and pink roses means that I’m in love with you and it also means admiration and gentleness, it means more but I can't remember it all.'' I raise an eyebrow at that, ''How do you know that, Adam? Didn't think you knew about roses..'' Adam blushes ''Umm, I bought roses for my girlfriend for her birthday once, and had to know what kind of roses to buy so I researched a little online.''
    I smile at Adam, ''Well, thanks for letting me know what it means, I was wondering about it.''
    Adam just gives me a shy smile and heads back to the lab.
    Turning back to the roses, I still wonder who the person is that's sending me these roses. ''You're thinking about who the person is that is sending these roses, aren't you?'' I’m nodding in response to Lindsay's question, the silence is interrupted by a phone getting a message, not mine so probably Lindsay's, and sure it was ''Well, I have to go, Danny got a new lead on the case.''
    ''See you later, Lindsay.'' Now I’m alone in my office, just me and my thoughts. Who is this person sending me these roses? And why no note? What does the person want?

--Hope you like it you guys like it and i'll try and update sometime around this weekend:)

12. MacsGirlMel

you better, I wanna know who it is lol

13. shell_kikii

*clear my throat* Excuse me! How many colors of roses do you have in store, Gio? :lol: Come on! Tell her/us! :)

14. giovinazzo<3

Mel, you'll find out soon who the guy is;)
    Kikii, not so many now:lol:

I am so sorry for the long wait, had troubles with the internet connection and some news my mum gave me...
    butbut, here's the new chapter:) thanks so much to Chrysalis Escapist for beating the chapter:p (the thext in the middle, it's a little part of the song 'the rose' just so you know:))
    --------------------

Chapter 4:

Today when I arrive at work, I’m tired. Standing in the elevator a little sleepy, thought the first thing I’m doing is to get a cup of coffee.
    Hearing the pling as the elevator doors open, walking over to the break room to get a cup of coffee, I find Hawkes inside, drinking his coffee and reading the newspaper.
    ''Morning, Hawkes.'' I say to him, making him turn his attention away from the newspaper, ''Good morning to you too, Stella.''
    After fetching a coffee I sit down to keep Hawkes company for a little while, then I notice that Hawkes is grinning and looking at me, and what causes that grin on his face?
    ''Aren't you gonna go and see if you have gotten any roses today?'' he asks, still with a grin on his face; ah, an answer to my question.
    ''You have been in my office, haven't you?'' Getting a nod as an answer to my question, taking a sip of my coffee, ''And are you going to tell me if I have gotten any roses today?'' the grin on his face tells me that he isn't going to tell me if I have or have not got any roses in my office, ''You aren't gonna tell me, are you?'' He chuckles a little, ''Nope, I’m gonna let you find out yourself.'' he says, and the grin is back on his face.
    ''Oh, how kind of you.'' looking at him I shake my head and get up from the chair I was sitting in, ''Well, then I’m going to go and find out if I have gotten any roses today.'' hearing a chuckle from him again, and I’m off to my office, when I arrive at my office, and see five yellow roses? Walking up to them, I wasn't seeing wrong, five yellow roses with red tips, lifting them up to see if there’s any note with them, nope, no note, oh what a surprise... Hmm, wonder what they mean..
    Laying the roses down on my desk again I walk around my desk and sit down in front of my computer, starting it up. Glancing over at the roses, I can't help but wonder who is sending me these roses..? I don't know if it's a guy or a girl.. and the big question I’m most curious about, why doesn't the person leave a note? That question has been bugging me since the whole rose thing started...
    Hearing a knock on my door I look up, finding Sid there with a smile on his face, ''Hi, Stella. See you have gotten new roses by your secret admirer.'' Smiling at him ''Hi Sid, yeah..''
    Sid walks into my office and sits down in one of the chairs, ''Still no note from this person?'' Giving a little frustrated sigh, ''No, looks like this person doesn’t want me to find out who he or she is.''
    Getting a little smile from Sid, ''Well, maybe you'll find out tomorrow, remember it's Valentine's Day tomorrow.'' he says with a smile.

It's the one who won't be taken,
    Who cannot seem to give

''Don't be so sure about that, Sid.'' I answer with a smile. Then he gives me a smile that makes me wonder if he knows this person, or has an idea of who this person is, brushing that thought away.
    Looking at my computer I notice it has started up and is ready for use, ''If you want, I can tell you what those roses mean.'' he offers with a smile.
    Looking back up at Sid, ''Oh yes, please.'' with curiosity in my voice, making Sid laugh a little.
    ''Well, five roses means, I would do everything for you, and yellow roses with red tips mean friendship and falling in love.. So you have a person that would do everything for you, and that is falling in love with you.'' He tells me with a wink which makes me blush.
    ''Thanks for sharing it with me.'' I’m both grateful and a little annoyed because it seems like Sid knows who the person that is sending me the roses is, but wants to keep it to himself.
    As Sid stands up and is just about to walk out of my office, ''One more question, Sid.'' making him turn around and look at me. ''Do you know who the person is that is sending me these roses?''
    Sid gives me a smile again, ''And here's a question for you, if I knew who this person is would I tell you?'' he says with a grin; oh, he knows who it is, now let's see if I can press it out of him..
    ''You wouldn't tell me, would you.'' I ask, well, rather say.
    ''No, I’m going to let you find out on your own.'' he says to me, come on! Tell me! More info, please..
    ''Can you give me a hint?'' asking hopefully that he's going to give me a hint.
    ''Well, I can tell you that it's a guy, and he's kind, and not a bad guy. And that you know him.'' Why does it look like he's enjoying this?...
    ''Nothing more to add?'' asking, trying to get more info about this guy. ''Nothing more to make me more curious than I already am?'' That makes him laugh. ''No, nothing more to add. Well, I need to get down to the morgue. Work.'' Saying bye, and looking at him as he walks away, annoyed by the fact that he knows who this guy is but isn't telling me.. Sipping my now lukewarm coffee, I start to think, Well, I now know that it's a guy.. Apparently he's not a crazy maniac, that makes me relax a little. Knowing it's no crazy person.. Wait, did Sid say that I know this guy? Hmm, Well it can't be Hawkes, he has a girlfriend, Danny is with Lindsay, Flack and Angell, Sid is married, don't think it's Adam if I remember right he has a girlfriend too. And only one name left, could it be Mac? Just the thought that it might be Mac makes me feel butterflies in my stomach. It can't be Mac? Or can it?

----------------
    Hope you guys liked it:) i'll try and update soon, Im almost done with the next chapter..

15. MacsGirlMel

yeah I wanna know lol