The Rant and I Cannot Say This Out Loud #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Enough already! :scream: Is it too much to ask for one full week where it is DRY. No white stuff. No wet stuff. We've got ice dams on all sides. I've been on the ladder taking care of the ones I can. The upstairs bathroom window is leaking like a waterfall. My mom says she'll get it replaced next summer as it's not one of the ones we had put in. The kitchen window leaks behind the plastic insulation. 3 out of 4 windows in my nephew's bedroom are also leaking like a waterfall. And now there's a wet spot on the ceiling in there. A ceiling we just had to have rebuilt 2 years ago because it was falling down. I've had it with winter! :scream: It wasn't this bad during the ice storm in 2008!

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Okay seriously. News, people. Finland is in north. In north there usually snows during the wintertime. Wintermonts are usually November, December, January and February. Perhaps even March. So pulling headlines "spring ruined" when after one day of +2c it snows 20cm is just plain stupid. In january. Or in February. It's not spring, it's winter.

Winter = cold and snow.

Perhaps you really should take a look at that world map and wonder where we are.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Dear Mother Nature,

Please no more snow. I used to love snow, but now I'm tired of it. We've gotten more this year than in the last three years combined. Enough already, please!

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Whaaaat? I love that there's enough snow. Or lots of snow. Like last winter.

Not some crappy watery winters. But cold weather and snow! Yayness!

Tho I hate when it's +2c and next day it's -28c

5. GregNickRyanFan

I don't know if its the power company's fault, if they were doing something that caused the power to blink today, or if its because of the screwy way this house was originally wired, but I'm peeved. My PC won't come back up now cause I was on it when the power blinked. It usually comes right back up, but today it won't. I feel like if its the power company's fault (and since it happens so often) they should pay for the repair on my computer or a new one if I have to get a new one. Thank goodness my laptop's working now. It had an issue the last time I used it where it said it couldn't find my desktop. Thankfully that seems to have just been a glitch. :knocks on wooden table:

6. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

To associate at work, why do you think you can get away with taking a 40 minute "15" minute break without getting a talking too? It's annoying and you're old enough to know better. I should have denied you a lunch since you were almost gone for an hour, but that's against the law. I don't care if you're injured, you're just using it to get away with not knowing how to do your job.

7. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

:scream: No dear neighbor it is very much NOT OK to allow KJ to trespass on my private property by driving around the chain and onto the private drive and up near the house where I'm sure he saw the sign that says *NO TRESPASSING*!!! :scream: I mean WTF?!? :wtf: Why didn't you call me first and tell me that he wanted to come up and take a look at the driveway to see if he wanted to do the work?!? Let's see: you only have my email and both phone numbers!!! Why didn't you contact me first?!? When I was driving down the driveway last night, and saw strange tire marks, I thought it was the beginning of a major trespassing problem and all I could think of was, "I gotta get a better gun." But from your email this morning, it was just KJ?!? WTF??? Yeah, try calling me first next time!!! *DUH*!!!

8. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

Dear neighbor, it okay to listen to music at the top of the volume sometimes. I do it too. But it's not okay to do it every single day. And it's definetly not okay to keep on playing it an hour after the silence time should have started. :scream:Crazy people like me would actually like to sleep at night.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You know at some point you have to let it go.

Stop with the innuendos, it is getting tiresome. :rolleyes:

Oh and grow up too. :rolleyes:

10. GregNickRyanFan

How the heck am I supposed to renew my Anti-virus subscription with the best buy discount if the best buy subscription site won't open? I really would prefer to do it online as opposed to over the phone. I have a horrible cold and can barely speak without having to clear my throat every couple of minutes, so it would be better if I could do it online. Today is the last day I will have the anti-virus protection on this laptop. I would have renewed it sooner, but my laptop was telling me it couldn't find the desktop before this week. I tried to renew it yesterday, but like I said, the website for that purpose will not work. :sigh: I don't know if I should just go ahead and go and download the newer version and delete the old one or what. I have no clue what to do.

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

To my 'school friend' : You are a complete bitch! And I really want shoot you for that.
    Years ago when I asked you your opinion about that small sized laptop you said I wouldn't do good w/ it and it's just not for me. But what do I see now on your FB pics? The nearly same laptop that's actually yours.
    Why you bought it when you told me it's not good one? You know I feel betrayed b/c if I wouldn't listen to you I'd be owning it already w/o problems.
    I feel betrayed b/c of you now. It hurts and it drives me nuts and makes me depressive! You are one bitch and I don't want your 'friendship' anymore and don't wait anything about me, I'll disappear like the way I did after graduating grade 9. And I'll be long gone after you graduate uni, so don't look for me.
    I know I shouldn't listen your advices and I'm so regretting it. I want to shoot you or jump off the roof.
    But I know I'll do everything to beat you.
    I'm done! I HAD friends considerably enough comparing to my early years but now I can clarify that you WERE the last of them. Now you're at same level as the rest of them I dammit spent my school days.
    So goodbye forever and don't come back...
    Your FORMER classmate and 'friend' ...

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Dear Lady at Work With Whom I am Trapped in a Small Space With....I'm sorry you had a bad night with your daughter and she doesn't respect you and your husband is of no help but for the love of God I can't listen to you anymore AND the customers who have 10 transactions each and don't know their account numbers AND answer the phone AND do everything else! :scream:

And by the way...maybe I had a lousy night too. How about asking me how *I* am instead of yammering on and on about your night??

Can I please go home now??

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Dear Library Patrons:

If you want a DVD, go buy them! Stop trying to hack open cases and steal ours. And that's not getting into those who just don't bring 'em back after checkout.

Oh and can't you PLEASE treat books a bit nicer? It gets sooooo gross sometimes the way books come back. Water damage I can live with but the last damage looked like punch or something. I'm just glad we have a lot of Clorox wipes on hand for the covers...I don't even wanna know what's on those sometimes. Also, watch the CD booklets. I have to be able to see the call number sticker to know where it goes. If it's upside down or backward, I can't and I gotta go unlock the case and flip it.

Dear coworkers: Please pay attention and put the TV series DVDs away when there are cases available instead of leaving them on the back counter. There's no alternative sometimes, but if there are cases, use them. (and stop putting the magnetic lock DVDs in cases, they don't need them. They just get run through the magnet and locked.)

Dear raccoons: What is so attractive about our attic? GET OUT!!! (yes the entry needs fixing...we're slow)

Not a rant really but....Dear Billy: Please come back to CSI. I miss you and so does mom *sniff* (I know, not happening)

14. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

::sigh:: Why must the 'expert' hosts they use for shows on astrophysics or astrobiology always be the type that act like they're talking to five year olds?! I mean, give me a flipping break... sure, most of the folks watching it aren't going to be people with advanced degrees, but try to at least not act like you're telling a kid a cah-RAZY story with SHOCKING plot twists every other word. It's painful.

And try and get biology experts who at least understand some basic concepts of biology. Seriously, WTF are you talking about that for any alien to have eyes/nose/mouth means they HAD to have evolved on earth?! That we'd have to have a common ancestor in order to have similar traits. Uh, no... a good number of kids in elementary school could tell you about parallel evolution in bats and birds. :scream: For a biology expert, how can you not realize that it is fairly likely that certain things would evolve in parallel to what's evolved here? Organisms need an input and output 'opening'... sure, some might use one opening as both, but very few do. Multicellular organisms also generally require sensory organs, heck even single celled organisms direct their movement according to stimulus from their environment, which says that they must have some sensory abilities.

GAH! Why do I get excited about shows like this? :shifty: I haven't found one truly engaging since Paleo World when I was like 10. And yes... weird rant... but my husband just looked at me weird when I complained about the biologist's errors... sure, HE can complain constantly about classical history shows/movies - I STILL hear about Troy, heck I still hear about The Gladiator... but I rant about science and I'm weird.

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What show was that?

I remember Paleoworld.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.