The Price Is Right

Dynamo1

Head of the Swing Shift
Just ONE more day until the New Drew Price Is Right. Drew Carey takes over as the host on Monday. If you would like to discuss your memories of past hosts Bob Barker, Tom Kennedy, Dennis James, and Bill Cullen here, you are welcome to do so. Or of past Barker Beauties like Janice, Anitra, Holly, Dian, Nikki, and others. Or past announcers like Johnny Olson, Rod Roddy, Gene Wood, Don Pardo, and others. The UK and Australia have had their versions with local cast. Other countries might have had theirs, too.

So, what are we going to call the former Barker Beauties? Drew's Divas? Carey's Cuties? The Host's Hotties? Will Mimi be one of them?

So... COME ON DOWN and post your comments.

Barker's been on for a while, eh? He was good... I actually saw the ep where the contestant running on down had her tube top drop and they blacked out her breasts with a large back pair of circles. I was like WTF?!??! But Bob handled it with aplomb, humour and class, and she went on to do her bidding!

I am looking forward to seeing how Drew handles it...

Hey Dynamo, great thread.

I grew up watching TPIR while spending summers with my Grandma and Grandpa. Bob Barker was hosting, and the "Barker Beauties" were Janice, Dian and Holly. To me, those three will always be the quintessential TPIR models. They were classy and graceful.

I made a point to DVR Drew's first day. He did a great job, and he'll only get better. I really don't think they could have found a better replacement.

Back