The most unrealistic aspect of the various CSI shows

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Islandgirl, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Tarragon

Tarragon Dead on Arrival

LOL, I hadnt noticed that but a loaded gun is really heavy, much heavier than a torch so I would assume that someone with experience could tell the difference even in the dark. I would also assume that the torches still have switches and not triggers.

2. pixies

pixies Prime Suspect

what kills me, and im being so pedantic here, but in one csi ny episode danny was "drinking" from a cup which patently had nothing in it! it always happens and its so stupid! why not have a little water or something for authenticitys sake!!?

3. Forensics_annie

Forensics_annie Witness

they should only use guns. the cops enter first. then the detective. then the csi and finallly the coroner.

4. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Wow, maybe I've just got super hold contact lenses or something. :lol:
    I've been wearing contacts for two years and only once has one come out (when I rubbed my eye). :eek:

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I also forgot that all the shows have shown characters working colleagues' cases...they did bring it up with Cath and her dad on LV and Hawkes' case on NY but in RL there are many more they would have been off of. Nick's and Greg's LV cases, Speedle's death on MIA, Stella and Danny and Aiden's cases on NY...probably more but...

6. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but what about the lab itself? It looks nicer then a Beverly Hills house! I've seen actual labs, they're really, really bright and kind of ugly and look like a school lab except for with lots of big, old, bulky, falling apart equipment. I agree that while the shows are unrealistic in some aspects it's just to get better results and make it look more glamorous. Also- on the fancy houses, once on Miami (a few times) I have seen a normal house- remember 'Slaughter House?' That neighborhood wasn't so upscale. And 'Losing Face.' But lately, yeah it has been really upscale and glamorous. (I only watch Miami, so I don't know for LV and NY)