The Locker Room--All Carmine, All The Time

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 9, 2005.

?

24: Redemption, worth the wait?

1. Yes, it was brilliant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I was disappointed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Could have been better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Committed2Wolfe

Committed2Wolfe Lab Technician

Can I join this thread? I would like to say that all of you guys are hilarious! I was just reading what you guys said about him in the showers and the whole baseball scene, and I was laughing the whole time! I love Carmine. But I have a question. Is his name pronounced like Car-men or Car-mine?

2. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

It's the second pronunciation you have there. And yes, we've been lobbying for a shower scene since oh about..well, I can't remember when, that's how long it's been. :lol:

3. Guest

Guest Guest

While we're on the subject of his name, has anybody heard him pronounce his last name? It's the first three letters I'm most curious about... the American way would be gee-oh, but if he says it the Italian way, it would be like "joe." Anybody know?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

That's something interesting. I, too, would love to hear him say his name. I would hope he says it the real Italain way, "JOE-vinazzo". Even better would be finding out if he actually does speak Italian.

5. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Plus, don't forget in Italian the "zz” has a "ts" or "ds" sound, even a single "z" in Italian would be pronounced that way.

Beautiful language, beautiful man, Danny in the shower. See undergrad logic classes did do me some good after all. I defy anyone to prove my logic faulty. :D

Ali

6. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

We had this conversation in the old thread and someone had a clip of him saying his name in an interview. He said it can either be pronounced GEO-VIN-A-ZZO or JOE-VIN-A-ZZO.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ooh, thanks Bitten. So I guess I can say it whichever way I like better. ;)

And JDonne, what can I say? Your logic is flawless. :D

8. csi007

csi007 Police Officer

Any of you gals got any decent pix/caps of Carmine in For Love Of The Game? Carmine in a Yankees uniform. *purr*

9. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

I actually did click it and I happen to be at work at the moment. But where I sit at hardly anybody comes by (only to go outside or the breakroom). I needed something like that after coming back to work after having last week off for vacation. Ya know you leave on vacation for 1 week and some things never change - Danny still needs a shower. Are we really asking too much? :lol: :lol:

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Nice...is there a link to this interview where one can go and listen to it? *begs* Pretty please with Danny on top?

And to the poster who mentioned the zz = ts yes, you're right. I didn't quite know how to describe it, and you did it perfectly, thank you. :)

11. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

Forget pronouncing Carmine's last name, I'm still trying to spell it properly :eek:

Hehe...that pic would make a good wallpaper for my computer, although I don't think my dad is a fan.

12. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

I happened to find the post in the old thread of Carmine pronouncing his last name. I linked to the thread page and I think the post is about halfway down the page.
    Carmine pronouncing "Giovinazzo"

As for spelling Giovinazzo, at times I can actually spell it better than my own last name b/c I've typed it so many times. :lol:

The mention of "z"s pronounced as "t"s in Italian got me thinking. I have a "z" in my last name and many people seem to add a "t" sound to it even though my last name is German. I bet this is where they get it. Of course people actually add the "t" when spelling my last name. (Ok, I think I'll quit rambling now. :lol:)

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

IIRC, he said "G-vinazzo" and "Joe-vinatzo" as the two pronunciations. It was in some video clip for the show The Insider a while back.

Not feeling very profound today, but Danny sure is hot. :D

14. Phillie

Phillie Hit and Run

anyone know how tall carmine iss, im just wondering im comparing him to the other man in the left side of my brain, carmine is on the right and still #1 but, just wondering

15. MrsMesser

MrsMesser Hit and Run

Carmine in 5'9" or 1.75m :) He's a whole 5 inches taller than me! Taller guys are great thought :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.