9. Dear and the headlights - paperbag
  10. Our lady peace - Neon crossing
  11. NOW PLAYING: david cook - Let go

Katie - its not a problem :) your icons are always so fantastic

1. Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time
  2. Daughtry - Crashed
  3. Christina Aguilera - I Turn You
  4. Blue - Breathe Easy
  5. Our Lady Peace - The Wonderful Future (I love this song, for me it has alot of meaning and depth...)
  6. Westlife - World Of Our Own
  7. *NSYNC - Its Gonna Be Me
  8. Avril Lavigne - When Your Gone
  9. David Cook - Fall Back Into Me
  10. David Cook - The Truth
  11. Now Playing: David Cook - Porcelain

PHHH! They're some of my fav songs by him! :D don't ya just love Makeover?!! its such an amazing song!!! :D
Yeah, it's great. :) My favourite is probably The Truth. I just love the line: "if you want to know the truth, you make or break my day".

1. My Chemical Romance & The Used - Under Pressure
2. Ashlee Simpson - Little Miss Obsessive
3. AC/DC - Back In Black
4. Faber Drive - When I'm With You
5. Hedley - For The Nights I Can't Remember
6. Three Doors Down - When I'm Gone
7. AFI - Miss Murder
8. Alexisonfire - This Could Be Anywhere In The World
9. Ashlee Simpson - I Didn't Steal Your Boyfriend
10. Ashlee Simpson - Pieces Of Me

I know no one has ever heard of most of mine, but here are the last ten playing on shuffle on my iTunes. :)
  1. Autobiography of a Pistol - Ellis Paul
  2. Don't Cry Out Loud - Carol Noonan
  3. Code of Silence - Bruce Springsteen
  4. San Francisco Mabel Joy - Tim Grimm
  5. Too Long in the Wasteland - James McMurtry
  6. Gulf Road - James McMurtry (3,000 songs and it plays 2 in a row!) :rolleyes:
  7. Won't Give In - The Finn Brothers
  8. Song From Half Mountain - Dan Fogelberg
  9. Nether Lands - Dan Fogelberg (again!)
  10. Jukebox on my Grave - Ellis Paul

Yeah, it's great. :) My favourite is probably The Truth. I just love the line: "if you want to know the truth, you make or break my day".

The Truth is amazing too! AAAH! I know those lines are amazing! :) My favourite usual changes but atm it probably has to be Fall Back Into Me -- I just can't stop listening to it! :)

Anywayz, on to the songs :):

1. Our Lady Peace - Angels/Losing/Sleep (My dad's favourite song by them :) )
  2. Our Lady Peace - Thief
  3. Our Lady Peace - 4AM
  4. Our Lady Peace - Innocent
  5. Our Lady Peace - Clumsy
  6. Raine Maida - Yellow Brick Road (My dad also loves this song :) )
  7. David Cook - Straight Ahead
  8. David Cook - Makeover
  9. David Cook - Always Be My Baby (Cover)
  10. Our Lady Peace - 4AM
  11. Now Playing: David Cook - Fall Back Into Me (my dad loves this one too :) )

Katie - Thats my favourite line for "the truth" as well!!! Ahhh big props to david man. that man is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

Sophia Thanks!! Well what can i say... I try ;) hahahah

Dude, im thinking about getting another tattoo soon.. and theres some lyrics I want. I know i want an OLP one but the lyric i want i have to shorten it or else it will be like a whole body tattoo and well --> A.) i dont want that and B.) it would take too long HAHAHA.

I'm thinking for my second tattoo to get a david cook lyric.
I want this one "An open sky of redemption, the kind you always burn from"

For me that song has a lot to do with honesty (SILVER), and no matter what to tell the truth even tho it will hurt yourself in the end if you know what i mean. sometimes you know its hard to tell the truth because it could A.) Get you into trouble (not in a bad sense just in a sense that ah i dont even know how to word it, but hopefully you know what i mean).
Also redemption can mean to forgive or to get rid of the bad. and An open sky pretty much turns it into a positive outlook... B.) the kind you always burn from.. basically leads back to what i was saying even tho telling the truth may be a good thing sometimes it can hurt someone or yourself but it's important not to lie and to face the facts.

Does that make sense?
what do you guys think of it?!

These are all David cook, covers and such

1. Hungry like a wolf
  2. Day Tripper
  3. Im alive
  4. always be my baby
  5. innocent
  6. the music of the night (im not sure how i feel about this song yet)
  7. stitches
  8. straight ahead
  9. callout
  10. silver
  11. NOW PLAYING: Fall back into me

Katie - Well we talk about this earlier so you already know my opinion on the matter, but keeping an open mind I think those lyrics are great, nice for a tattoo.. I have to agree with you too the song is more about honesty and truth than anything else... :)

the music of the night (im not sure how i feel about this song yet)

^To be honest with you that performance kinda bored me...and I don't think that was David's fault I think he did what he could with the song but the song was boring...that night overall bored me I wasn't really feeling it!

I remember something funny Randy Jackson said in his reaction to David's performance of "Hello": "You know what I liked about that dog, you made a slightly Emo :p version of a very pop, extemely pop Lionel Richie song" :rolleyes: :lol:
okay that just completely caught off guard, I didn't really expect that from Randy... :p

and thats my first song :lol:, all songs by David Cook :

1. Hello (cover)
  2. Always Be My Baby (cover)
  3. Innocent (cover)
  4. Let Go
  5. Billie Jean (cover)
  6. Makeover
  7. Silver
  8. Straight Ahead
  9. Don't Say A Word
  10. Fall Back Into Me
  11. NOW PLAYING - Porcelain

Last edited:
The Truth is amazing too! AAAH! I know those lines are amazing! :) My favourite usual changes but atm it probably has to be Fall Back Into Me -- I just can't stop listening to it! :)
Hmm... don't know that one. I'll have to hear it.

Katie - Thats my favourite line for "the truth" as well!!! Ahhh big props to david man. that man is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.
I know, it's awesome. His lyrics are really... honest? It sounds like he really writes what's on his mind. I loveee it.

katelynn said:
I'm thinking for my second tattoo to get a david cook lyric.
I want this one "An open sky of redemption, the kind you always burn from"

For me that song has a lot to do with honesty (SILVER), and no matter what to tell the truth even tho it will hurt yourself in the end if you know what i mean. sometimes you know its hard to tell the truth because it could A.) Get you into trouble (not in a bad sense just in a sense that ah i dont even know how to word it, but hopefully you know what i mean).
Also redemption can mean to forgive or to get rid of the bad. and An open sky pretty much turns it into a positive outlook... B.) the kind you always burn from.. basically leads back to what i was saying even tho telling the truth may be a good thing sometimes it can hurt someone or yourself but it's important not to lie and to face the facts.

Does that make sense?
what do you guys think of it?!
That sounds really cool... and yeah, I think it makes sense. Where do you want it?

1. Theory Of A Deadman - Santa Monica
2. Theory Of A Deadman - Make Up Your Mind
3. The All-American Rejects - Swing Swing
4. The All-American Rejects - Change Your Mind
5. The All-American Rejects - Top Of The World
6. The All-American Rejects - Stab My Back
7. The All-American Rejects - Move Along
8. The All-American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret
9. Three Doors Down - Kryptonite
10. Three Doors Down - When I'm Gone

ETA:

I remember something funny Randy Jackson said in his reaction to David's performance of "Hello": "You know what I liked about that dog, you made a slightly Emo :p version of a very pop, extemely pop Lionel Richie song" :rolleyes: :lol:
Ugh, that bugged me SO much. Sorry, Randy, but that is NOT emo. You can tell David was like "..." lol.

Matchbox twenty: 3am
Matchbox twenty: Push
Matchbox twenty: real world
Tyler hilton: kiss on me
Tyler Hilton: our time
Tyler Hilton: insomnia
Tyler Hilton: Picture perfect
Tyler Hilton: California
Madonna and JT: 4 minutes
Jimmy Eat World: 23.

totally random.

1. I Fought the Law
2. The Night Chicago Died
3. Drift Away - Dobie Gray
4. For What it's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
5. Sunset Grill - Don Henley
6. Boys of Summer - Don Henley
7. The End of the Innocence - Don Henley
8. Song of the South - Alabama
9. Kentucky Rain - Elvis Presley
10 Twist and Shout - Isley Brothers

Sophia - I know eh, the song itself was kind of slow and dragged out a bit. I wish he chose something a little more fitting but whatever - doesnt matter now :)
thats funny, i loved his performance of HELLO. i can't even decide what my favourite performance is. Even tho i thought he could have done better on INNOCENT the studio version is AMAZING. i think my favourite performances are Dream Big, Billie Jean and I don't wanna miss a thing.
Has anyone else heard the studio version for I dont wanna miss a thing. near the end when all those crazy vocals kick in, he ALMOST sounds like that Tyler guy his first name escaped me at this moment but yah!

Katie - Thank you, I totally agree as well. His songs are very honest and filled with truth. You can tell he is a "word nerd" as he calls himself and he's a very open book and with each song you learn something new about him and his life... well to an extent at least. A very honest person, he makes you feel like he wrote the song for you, i love when artists can do that and make each song flow!
ABout the tattoo: thank you :) I want it on my upper left inner arm if that make sense. that way i can still hide it if needed. and I have a tattoo on my upper right shoulder blade (on my back) and i thought if i got this tattoo on my right inner arm it would look weird so i thought the left would be more appealing. Who knows. I hope i can get it soon. I wanna buy my guitar and stuff soon too so it just depends!

1. Billy Talent - Red flag
  2. Incubus - Circles
  3. David cook - I'm alive
  4. Paramore - Let the flames begin
  5. Say anything - Plea
  6. The Doors - L.A Woman
  7. Pink Floyd - Money
  8. Flyleaf - I'm Sorry
  9. Our Lady Peace - Hello Oskar
  10. Our Lady Peace - Innocent
  11. NOW PLAYING - david cook - silver

I've been listening to more Americana/Folk-Rock stuff lately:

1. This is somewhere - Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
2. Subcity - Tracy Chapman
3. Annabelle - Gillian Welch
4. The Story - Brandi Carlile
5. Our Town - Iris Dement
6. Road not taken - Eliza Gilkyson
7. Learning how to live - Lucinda Williams
8. Never coming back - Lynn Miles
9. Gone again - Indigo Girls with Sheryl Crow
10. the sweetest gift (a mother's smile) - Hazel & Alice

Hmm... don't know that one. I'll have to hear it.

You totally should the lyrics are amazing from that song! :)

Ugh, that bugged me SO much. Sorry, Randy, but that is NOT emo. You can tell David was like "..." lol.

ahahahaha I remember that night me and my brother we'redrinking some diet cola and just before he said "emo" we took a sip of our drink (big mistake :rolleyes: :lol:) and as soon as he goess "emo" it made us both spit our drink out :lol: We just both looked at each other and said "EMO".....my brother was like "I don't know much about music but that was NOT emo"...I was just like LMFAO hahaha...I don't get why he said that..it was just odd and really weird...one of the weirdest things I heard Randy say...I totally made me wanna :scream:

Sophia - I know eh, the song itself was kind of slow and dragged out a bit. I wish he chose something a little more fitting but whatever - doesnt matter now :)
thats funny, i loved his performance of HELLO. i can't even decide what my favourite performance is. Even tho i thought he could have done better on INNOCENT the studio version is AMAZING. i think my favourite performances are Dream Big, Billie Jean and I don't wanna miss a thing.
Has anyone else heard the studio version for I dont wanna miss a thing. near the end when all those crazy vocals kick in, he ALMOST sounds like that Tyler guy his first name escaped me at this moment but yah!
haha Yeah it doesn't matter now lol I was again just giving my opinon on it! :lol: :p

EH? I know the studio version of INNOCENT is really awesome!! I think I would probably have to say my fav performance was "Hello" or "Alway Be My Baby" - but I don't know which one I like better.. eh? I have to honest and say I wasn't too crazy about his version of "Billie Jean" -- I mean I loved the performance and everything but I still wasn't jumping up and down about it...I don't know why maybe its just me being weird...:p

Ooo..Yeah I've heard the studio version of I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing...I know eh? at the end I does almost sound like that Tyler guy....I can't remember his first name but I know who you mean hahaha *scratch head* nope cant remember it but as soon as I do I'll be kicking myself about it :lol:...

Katie - Thank you, I totally agree as well. His songs are very honest and filled with truth. You can tell he is a "word nerd" as he calls himself and he's a very open book and with each song you learn something new about him and his life... well to an extent at least. A very honest person, he makes you feel like he wrote the song for you, i love when artists can do that and make each song flow!

I didn't think I would actually say this but you can definately see Raine Maida influence on David I mean Raine's song flow and so do David's...With Raine you feel he wrote the song for you and so do you with David's....I don't mean to compare the too but the evidence is there...that Raine Maida was an inspiration for David...I don't even know what I mean by that but hopefully it makes sense :)

P.S Happy Birthday Katie :) ! - Sorry if I'm a little late I've been busy today!

1. OLP - Angels/Losing/Sleep (Acoustic) (I don't know why but atm this is my favourite song by them....)
  2. Paramore - Thats What You Get
  3. Paramore - Stop This Song [Lovesick Melody]
  4. Paramore - My Heart
  5. Paramore - Hallelujah (UK single)
  6. Paramore - Misery Business
  7. Paramore - Crushcrushcrush
  8. Simple Plan - Your Love Is A Lie
  9. Simple Plan - When I'm Gone
  10. PATD - The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage....
  11. NOW PLAYING - PATD - Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off...
My sister wanted to listened to Paramore so I was listening to them with her :)

Last edited:
Thank you, I totally agree as well. His songs are very honest and filled with truth. You can tell he is a "word nerd" as he calls himself and he's a very open book and with each song you learn something new about him and his life... well to an extent at least. A very honest person, he makes you feel like he wrote the song for you, i love when artists can do that and make each song flow!
I didn't think I would actually say this but you can definately see Raine Maida influence on David I mean Raine's song flow and so do David's...With Raine you feel he wrote the song for you and so do you with David's....I don't mean to compare the too but the evidence is there...that Raine Maida was an inspiration for David...I don't even know what I mean by that but hopefully it makes sense :)

P.S Happy Birthday Katie :) ! - Sorry if I'm a little late I've been busy today!
[/quote]

Thank you Sophia :)!!!

I get what you mean, i believe you and I were actually talking about this one time on msn.
Analog heart to me is like Davids version of OLP- gravity. its not the same but you can definetly tell who is influences are!!!
I could picture raine singing with david or singing the song LET GO, and PORCELAIN.
They arent the same just like you said, Raines lyrics do tend to tell more of a story and flow from one line to the next.. Davids does that too he's getting there.... but i guess raine just has more experience.
if Raine and david ever did i duet id cry LOL. id be jealous but id still cry! LOL

1.) Our Lady Peace - All for you
2.) Raine Maida - Rat Race
3.) ZZ Top - Sharp dressed man
4.) Rise Against - The good coming undone
5.) Ill Scarlett - NTF
6.) Dragonette - Take it like a man
7.) Dragonette - I get around
8.) Korn - A.D.I.D.A.S
9.) Our Lady Peace - Are you sad?
10.) Our Lady peace - Right behind you (mafia)
NOW PLAYING: Our Lady Peace - Dirty Walls

Last edited:
1. Julianne Hough - That Song In My Head
2. Paramore - Thats What You Get
3. Jesse McCartney - Beautiful Soul
4. Ryan Cabrera - Say
5. Ryan Cabrera - True
6. Ryan Cabrera - On The Way Down
7. Ryan Cabrera - I Will Remember You
8. DJ Jean - The Launch Relaunched
9. Simple Plan - Your Love Is A Lie
10. Simple Plan - Jump